Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Watched the game on Sky on Saturday night, and I have to say first half they barely troubled us... we looked very comfortable. Second half it was backs against the wall but we did well. As well as Shay played, I think his positioning was poor for the free kick. He was almost inviting him to shoot for that corner.

yes  agreed  poor postioning  for the free kick ,, if a keeper is going to stand at one side of his goal  .. simply just put a defender on the post  ,, cause it was proved that he did nt have it covered cause it went in ....    he nearly had it aswell    if he was in the middle of his nets it would of beem a tip over

We deserved a point for hard work, shots don't count if they don't go in.  bluebiggrin.gif

Wenger showed us a tad bit of disrespect by becnhing Henry, he did not see us as much of a threat, then HT came we are 1-0 up and he sticks Hnery on.  bluelaugh.gif

We all knew we would be under the cosh but only lastweek a performance like that from the Gooners seen Liverpool beaten 3-0.

WE DID VERY WELL  :thup: :thup:

Wenger benched Henry because Henry is saying he is still knackered from the world cup and hasn`t recovered properly. If they didn`t have european game this week he would have started. I think Wenger is putting the champions league before the premiership this year.  If Wenger was showing us disrespect he would have used a few less first teamers.

Taylor has spoken about the "FOUL"

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~930849,00.html

Tayls Gutted At Henry Strike

STEVEN Taylor admitted he was gutted when Thierry Henry produced a stunning free-kick to deny Newcastle United all three points on their first visit to Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

The Magpies were still leading through Kieron Dyer's strike when, with 20 minutes remaining, the England U21 ace pulled back the French superstar on the edge of the visitors' penalty box.

And Henry certainly made Taylor pay for that foul when he conjured up a sublime right-footed strike to beat the despairing dive of Shay Given.

After the game Taylor said: "The ball came across and I first thought Henry was going to take it on his chest and get between me and Titus Bramble and I felt I couldn't take any risks.

"When he stepped up to take the free-kick I was just praying he was just going to smash it into my face but it obviously wasn't to be.

"He hit it perfectly and it's gone in off the crossbar. Shay Given had absolutely no chance with it.

"But I thought we held on well after that and we fully deserved the draw.

"Things are now looking up for us now and hopefully we can put in another good performance against Celta Vigo in our UEFA Cup tie."

Guest newcastle4life

Good result point more than i thought we would get no good though to lose next few league games toon need to move on from this even if in the end Arsenal shoul dhave destroyed us really. Glad Dyer scored hope he stays fit although i believe he will when i see it at least he is doing something when playing.

Taylor was clumsy yesterday, but the criticism is over the top. He's not thick in the slightest, he's inexperienced and just clumsy with youth.

i have called him thick in the past, but i agree, it is probably just inexperience tbh.

not sure what duff's excuse is

I'm sure, like AS9 has said, that a lot of it is down to having an inept left-back behind him. Whether it be Babayaro or Ramage, neither are very good. In my opinion, Duff is one of those players that can only play well when there are other good players around him, that can explain his fantastic performances at Chelsea. He only appears to play well in a good team. In Blackburn he stood out because he was young and the shining light of an average team.

Here, he is playing in a bad team under a bad manager.

either way he just puts his head down and runs into blind alleys, turning up his own arse, creating fuck all in the process