Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

the funny thing, if i remember, is that boumsong played henry like a center back shouldnt(and how he always played), chasing him all over our half to pressure him. but credit to him, he had henry in his pocket.

well i try not to look at the negatives  just the positves   surley this can only bring confidence  ,,, just get behind the lads  .... next week

but when you havebeen a newcastle supporter for a number ov years it becomes more and more difficult to look at the positives, however the negatives seem to sit on front ov you and stare at you in the face, either that or you have too much to drink and they just look like they're sitting infront ov you

well i try not to look at the negatives  just the positves  surley this can only bring confidence  ,,, just get behind the lads  .... next week

but when you havebeen a newcastle supporter for a number ov years it becomes more and more difficult to look at the positives, however the negatives seem to sit on front ov you and stare at you in the face, either that or you have too much to drink and they just look like they're sitting infront ov you

i no it can be depressing been a toon fan somtimes .... but  hey we have got to get it right somthime whether its in my generation  or not  ps im 35  lol

doesnt really matter how old you are, it come down to how long it has dominated your life for

you ve lost me  ..... i thought is was about good times  memorable games  laughs  sucess .

doesnt really matter how old you are, it come down to how long it has dominated your life for

you ve lost me   ..... i thought is was about good times  memorable games  laughs  sucess .

well yea if thats what you support the team for. I support the team cos i have no choice. in the last few years we havnt th good time, memorable games or any success

My key points -

- Dyer changes the way we play. Stick him in the center of midfield and let him roam/run or better yet, play him off the top like he was played today because he won't need to worry as much about defending and thus can concentrate on attacking.

- Bramble had a thoroughly decent game. Very pleased about that. Didn't give away stupid fouls. Credit the whole defence actually. We defended well as a team. Every time Arsenal had the ball outside our area, you could the line that the defence was making and further up the line that Parker and Butt were making. Credit to Roeder for planning this; it worked really well.

- Martins' hold up play is way better than Ameobi's. The myth that we need big men to hold up the ball was dispelled today. He dropped back, linked up well with our midfielders and although he didn't harry Arsenal's defenders, it's something you have to accept because he's up front alone. Great mature team-work orientated game from the lad :thup:

- Parker was really quiet today (again). He ran alot and tried to play but just wasn't in it. We need more from him than just the running and harrying because Butt does exactly that and does it better. However, maybe Parker was just instructed to do exactly that with Butt and I guess he did his job well because we came away with a point.

My key points -

- Dyer changes the way we play. Stick him in the center of midfield and let him roam/run or better yet, play him off the top like he was played today because he won't need to worry as much about defending and thus can concentrate on attacking.

- Bramble had a thoroughly decent game. Very pleased about that. Didn't give away stupid fouls. Credit the whole defence actually. We defended well as a team. Every time Arsenal had the ball outside our area, you could the line that the defence was making and further up the line that Parker and Butt were making. Credit to Roeder for planning this; it worked really well.

- Martins' hold up play is way better than Ameobi's. The myth that we need big men to hold up the ball was dispelled today. He dropped back, linked up well with our midfielders and although he didn't harry Arsenal's defenders, it's something you have to accept because he's up front alone. Great mature team-work orientated game from the lad :thup:

- Parker was really quiet today (again). He ran alot and tried to play but just wasn't in it. We need more from him than just the running and harrying because Butt does exactly that and does it better. However, maybe Parker was just instructed to do exactly that with Butt and I guess he did his job well because we came away with a point.

Let's not gan bonkers. They still had about 3,000 shots on goal and Given had to make at least 3 excellent saves to deny them.

My key points -

Let's not gan bonkers. They still had about 3,000 shots on goal and Given had to make at least 3 excellent saves to deny them.

Arsenal always have those chances with any team they play so the fact that we restricted their game that much shows me that we defended well. The only time I believe our defence was breached was when Fabregas had his left footed shot and maybe when Henry tried to curl it in. At other times, it was just shots which were thumped from outside the box. Arsenal were never able to do their intricate passing within our area or have multiple one-on-ones that they always do against other teams. This shows that, to me, at least today, we defended well.

I am level headed but pleased we did not lose.  Thought it would be about 3-0 and not to us.  Dyer owed us and he did it.  Given welcome back.    This was an important point and even though we are not getting any credit, who cares.... :)

Quality stuff, Martins and Dyer were both excellent. I've been critical of Martins so far but he looked so dangerous today, my Arsenal mate shit himself everytime he got the ball.

Poor bloke. Do they not have some sort of tablet for that?

My key points -

Arsenal always have those chances with any team they play so the fact that we restricted their game that much shows me that we defended well. The only time I believe our defence was breached was when Fabregas had his left footed shot and maybe when Henry tried to curl it in. At other times, it was just shots which were thumped from outside the box. Arsenal were never able to do their intricate passing within our area or have multiple one-on-ones that they always do against other teams. This shows that, to me, at least today, we defended well.

Bollocks, tbh. They did everything but score.

We get spanked 3-0 and the Toon get a point, Unreal. Well in though lads.

Simply proves we don't just have the better team, but easily the bigger club.

Hey! Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining!.

My key points -

Bollocks, tbh. They did everything but score.

Shay made 3 excellent saves. The rest were routine. Fact? Yep.

Do Arsenal have these chances against almost every other club? Yep (see Champions League last yea, see Liverpool last week, see Manyoo away.. I can point alot more out for you.. Arsenal ALWAYS create chances yet we limited them to basically three and none were exactly clear cut)

Fabregas didn't have much time on the ball. Henry's chance was from an acute angle. Another one deflected and hit the post (but was going straight to Given and from an acute angle). The other Henry chance was his curling shot and that was from outside the box.

For once, Roeder's ultra-defensive tactics paid off, so credit him for that.

Some of the criticism of Duff I've seen is a bit harsh. He did a lot of work in defence and can't be blamed for not creating much.

Martins did very well, feeding off scraps. Bramble showed again that, for all his faults, he's our best defender and doesn't deserve half the stick he gets.

Fabregas's foul on Moore was a red card. It wasn't clumsy, it was nasty. If the ref saw it at all, he should have walked.

Although we showed very little in possession, the spirit of the side looked okay. We might still struggle to break teams down at home though.

I've thought for a while you've got the best keeper in the League, and after watching that today, I now know you have. He was absolutely ****ing awesome.

we know  bluewink.gif

Who in the in the past few months are it that have slated dyer?