Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Anyone who thinks Martins had a poor game today has never kicked a ball with any form of finesse or accuracy in their life. He also used his strength to hold off Gallas and Toure countless times. The chance he had that GRT highlighted was an amazing chance but the ball to him was too quick and about a foot too far away from him. The ball was from Dyer and it was one of only 2 or 3 times he put a foot wrong throughout.

I also dont think Ramage was to blame for Duff's performance, i think his confidence is a bit of a problem but he didnt have an intelligent game. Ramage is shit at left back although defended quite well, his passing is woeful. If we could just get Bridge in Jan .....

:thup:

First-half diagnosis?

Defensively sound, poor on the attack and even when dyer or martins got the ball no-one was running forwards to support them. Good finish though by dyer, he did well.

Second-half diagnosis?

We came out better and for about 5 minutes we seemed to want to play football before arsenal took control again, maybe should of had a second in that 5 minute period though. We conceded an awful freekick which led to henry scoring.

Full-time diagnosis?

Poor performance in terms of passing/attacking as we never seemed to give any support to Martins or dyer, but we were solid defensively for the most part.

Star man for United?

Martins, dyer,given

Worst United player?

Parker? He didn't seem to do anything all game and taylor for that stupid freekick he gave away.

Opposition comment?

They were all over us for most of the game and probably should of won.

Toon-pros?

Martins workrate when he got the ball was nice to see, even being a small man was winning the ball and holding it up for support and he linked well with dyer who also had a good game.

Toon-cons?

Our cm's offered nothing all game in terms of going forward, both are too defensive and seem unable to take their time on the ball and make a good pass unlike their counter parts fabregas and flamini.

Post-match feelings?

I'm glad we got a point, but I'm slightly disapointed we didn't win as we kept arsenal out from open play, with luck on our side at times. By the way, what was the number of that arsenal player with the cards and whistle?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Anyone who thinks Martins had a poor game today has never kicked a ball with any form of finesse or accuracy in their life. He also used his strength to hold off Gallas and Toure countless times. The chance he had that GRT highlighted was an amazing chance but the ball to him was too quick and about a foot too far away from him. The ball was from Dyer and it was one of only 2 or 3 times he put a foot wrong throughout.

I also dont think Ramage was to blame for Duff's performance, i think his confidence is a bit of a problem but he didnt have an intelligent game. Ramage is shit at left back although defended quite well, his passing is woeful. If we could just get Bridge in Jan .....

How can ppl say that Ramage defended well?! He was challenged about 30 times and won 1 tackle....

How can ppl say that Ramage defended well?! He was challenged about 30 times and won 1 tackle....

That doesnt make sense. If he 'was' challenged that implies he had the ball. That stat just shows a propensity to talk shit too.

He did ok, didnt make too many mistakes but was shit generally going forward. I dont rate him dont worry.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Im not takling fluently english but as far as I know if you challenge someone it can also mean to try to dribble him, but making a challenge is something diffriend. My point was that almost every time especially Hleb tried to dribble past Ramage he succeded....not good enough at all. I still think Ramage was the worst Newcastle United player on the field.

To be fair to Ramage is is in no way a LB and he knows it himself, he cannot pefform there and will get crap for how he plays but he does it for the cause. He is a miles better CB, and on Thursday he will be back there again becuase he si our only option now with Baba and Bernard both not availible.

Good result but it was f**k all to do with Roeder. The difference was Dyer, pace and work rate (reminds me of the Liverpool boy, Bellamy). When Arsenal brought on Henri,  Roeder should have changed things, instead he just waited for the inevetable, and of course it happened. Bad news is that if Dyer stays fit he could save Roeders job....this season

People wonder why Duff was anonymous. He had Ramage behind him. Case closed.

Very good point.

Personally, I am getting thoroughly p*ssed off following a team whose manager thinks mass defence is the answer to his lack of ability AS a manager.

Charlton sack their manager because their return so far is not good enough.

FFS seems to think it's good enough for us, though - bastard.

(FFS - Fat Freddie Shepherd - or "FOR F*CKS SAKE !!!!!!" ?)

Guest jan 1st 1985

martins had a good game today--shay was outstanding as normal.special mention to henry for his part in getting shay booked for timewasting and for getting bramble in a headlock and not getting a yellow card.

why would shepard think this is good enough? the better the team does, the more money he gets. believe it or not, he has a vested interest in us winning.

martins had a good game today--shay was outstanding as normal.special mention to henry for his part in getting shay booked for timewasting and for getting bramble in a headlock and not getting a yellow card.

Mentioning that, he gave zoggy a yellow like 5 seconds later after henry had bramble in a headlock for pulling someone down.. surely a players status should not be allowed to influence referees decisions?

Told you it would be 1-1

Taylor is a fuking mug though, getting sick of his thickness.

Grow a brain Taylor.  :thdn:

To be fair to the lad Henry was goign down as soon as he felt contact, there was not much in it, he won the freekick more than Taylor gave it away.

But yes he needs to learn in those situations not to put hands on and give them the opertunity to go down.

Told you it would be 1-1

Grow a brain Taylor.  :thdn:

To be fair to the lad Henry was goign down as soon as he felt contact, there was not much in it, he won the freekick more than Taylor gave it away.

But yes he needs to learn in those situations not to put hands on and give them the opertunity to go down.

Sorry but i watched it on jihad TV and Henry was running into space at best, he barely had control of the ball, and with some intelligence, Taylor would have gathered himself correctly and ran Henry out of play.

Am a BIG Taylor fan, but the lads is pissing me off at the moment, he's fast becoming a big fuking joke with the performances he's putting in.

watched the whole game .. great point against a brilliant arsenal  who yous forget beat man utd away perform brilliant in the champions league  a real class side .... a point their is a gain belive  me ...  martins execente , dyer , brilliant ... imagine if we had owen fit , defences would think twice about pushing up  ,, its a mental  game aswell shame about duff  will the real duff start playing again please ....  :)

Told you it would be 1-1

Grow a brain Taylor. :thdn:

Sorry but i watched it on jihad TV and Henry was running into space at best, he barely had control of the ball, and with some intelligence, Taylor would have gathered himself correctly and ran Henry out of play.

Am a BIG Taylor fan, but the lads is pissing me off at the moment, he's fast becoming a big fuking joke with the performances he's putting in.

I watched it on rte 2 and the ball was a long ball that was going off behind taylor and henry, neither of which would of even got to the ball so why taylor foulded him is beyond me as it was going out for a throw in.. he paniced and made a stupid mistake which cost us.

thing is, all our players will play well against aresnal but shit against any other team in the prem. next week we will b played off the park by pompy, sad, but true!

I was hinting at that earlier in this thread, I would have thought it would not take a great deal to motivate the team for a game against Arsenal in a new 60k stadium that none of them have ever played in before. It will be a lot harder for Roeder et al to get them up for Portsmouth and Reading at SJP. Time will tell, but this point means fuck all if we don't pick up 6 out of 6 in the next 2 league games.

well i try not to look at the negatives  just the positves  surley this can only bring confidence  ,,, just get behind the lads  .... next week