The World Cup

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A: France and Mexico

B: Argentina and South Korea

C: England and USA

D: Germany and Serbia

E: Holland and Denmark

F: Italy and Paraguay

G: Brazil and Portugal

H: Spain and Switzerland

That's my picks like. 3 changes from yours.

I'm excited by the prospect of Chile, but I'm not convinced how their tactics are gonna go down with their group. Their lack of a plan B/C could bite them in the arse, and while Bielsa should be commended for his commitment to 'good' football, I reckon Hitzfeld will grind the Swiss through that group.

France will pull it together in the end imo, atleast through the group stages.

All the groups seem really intriguing tbh, I can't wait for it to start.

A: Mexico + Uruguay

B: Argentina + South Korea

C: England + USA

D: Germany + Serbia

E: Holland + Cameroon

F: Italy + Paraguay

G: Brazil + Ivory Coast

H: Spain + Switzerland

2nd round: Mexico vs Skorea, Argentina vs Uruguay, England vs Serbia, Germany vs USA, Holland vs Paraguay, Italy vs Cameroon, Brazil vs Switzerland, Spain vs Ivory Coast

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think France won't make it out of their group.

Actually changed my brackets around the other day with this.  Also with Italy not topping their group.

Here is my smokey in the tournament.

Australia to make the semis

LOL..................  Only joking..........................but we can dream, cant we?

Here is my smokey in the tournament.

Australia to make the semis

LOL..................  Only joking..........................but we can dream, cant we?

Well, after getting turned over by the Germans we'll recover to draw against Serbia and punish Ghana - then it's an easy stroll past the Poms in the second round. Suddenly we're in the quarters! :D

I like the visions produced by your collective dementia  ;D

One thing we Aussies are not short of is confidence in our sports men and women.

I mean, just look at that wonderful talent, Samanatha Stosur in the French Open, our talented cricketers, great golfers, and remember, the world champions only beat us last time with a cheating diving bastard left back to get a last minute penalty when we were on top.

Yeah, you never know with us Aussies. We can cause upsets. In fact, if we did get through and played Engerland, we would probably beat you guys, judging by your woeful performance against Japan

Yep, we can dream..................LOL

I like the visions produced by your collective dementia  ;D

One thing we Aussies are not short of is confidence in our sports men and women.

I mean, just look at that wonderful talent, Samanatha Stosur in the French Open, our talented cricketers, great golfers, and remember, the world champions only beat us last time with a cheating diving bastard left back to get a last minute penalty when we were on top.

Yeah, you never know with us Aussies. We can cause upsets. In fact, if we did get through and played Engerland, we would probably beat you guys, judging by your woeful performance against Japan

Yep, we can dream..................LOL

I thought you were English?

EXCUSE ME

I have dual nationality, boys and lived longer in Oz than blighty

Mind you, the price of a loaf of bread is a lot more now than what is was when I came here originally...............LOL

Go Aussies

EXCUSE ME

Mind you, the price of a loaf of bread is a lot more now than what is was when I came here originally...............LOL

Go Aussies

So you were born in England and moved to Oz land yet support Australia?

Guest firetotheworks

Everything is telling me that it should, and will be Spain, except somehow I can see Brazil winning it.

Guest firetotheworks

I think I'd put money on Spain if they'd won it before/Argentina didn't get knocked out despite being easily the best team in '06.

i have a gut feeling on Argentina they have the worlds best player on their team and madona seems to know what hes doing, and jonas is on their team.

A: France and Mexico

B: Argentina and South Korea

C: England and USA

D: Germany and Serbia

E: Holland and Denmark

F: Italy and Paraguay

G: Brazil and Portugal

H: Spain and Switzerland

That's my picks like. 3 changes from yours.

I'm excited by the prospect of Chile, but I'm not convinced how their tactics are gonna go down with their group. Their lack of a plan B/C could bite them in the arse, and while Bielsa should be commended for his commitment to 'good' football, I reckon Hitzfeld will grind the Swiss through that group.

France will pull it together in the end imo, atleast through the group stages.

All the groups seem really intriguing tbh, I can't wait for it to start.

Yeah, Chile are probably the team I'm most intrigued by. Hitzfeld's experience could be crucial ultimately.

Group B is pretty hard to predict: Argies and then take your pick, I can't see much difference in quality between the other 3. Didn't know about Mikel getting injured, though. Greece look pretty shit atm so South Korea could indeed sneak it, possibly on goal difference/head to head.

Guest firetotheworks

I think USA will finish above England, I don't know why. Just seems like the natural thing to happen.

2006 favourites: Brazil                  eliminated in the quarters

2002 favourites: France                eliminated in groups without scoring

1998 favourites: Brazil                  lost in the final

......is why i'm doubtful of Spain. They've clearly been the best team in the world for 2 years, but it can't be that straightforward.

Guest firetotheworks

Remember how fucking amazing Argentina were in '06 too, before being knocked out by Germany.

EXCUSE ME

Go Aussies

So you were born in England and moved to Oz land yet support Australia?

You should come over here and have a look. I can guarantee after a few weeks here, England would be just a blurr on the horizon of your memory.