The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

The current lack of football is annoying, I have free bets to use  :angry:

Have therefore been forced to go for Lady Kent in the 2.45 @ Salisbury. It has a pretty name so surely must be a canny runner  :harry:

Came in 3rd, won 60p. I'm good at this :fwap:

Madras is that the bet365 phone application? don't forget you get 50 percent of your money back on your first five bets up to 50 quid, even if they lose i think. in other words put 10 x 50 on using your phone and you'll get a free 25 back. you have to email customer service and ask for it though.

Leaving it to the last possible moment to put pre-tournament bets on but another one I'm likely to do:

Group winners: Argentina, England, Holland, Brazil, Spain: £20 pays £106 and add Germany into it and it's just shy of £200.

Tell you what looks a canny bet - picking one team from each group not to qualify.

For example, iirc, South Africa, Greece, Algeria, Australia, Japan, Slovakia, Ivory Coast and Honduras was something like 8/1. Value imo.

Don't think Bet365 allows this as a multiple. Damn.

Tell you what looks a canny bet - picking one team from each group not to qualify.

For example, iirc, South Africa, Greece, Algeria, Australia, Japan, Slovakia, Ivory Coast and Honduras was something like 8/1. Value imo.

It does, it's just you can't have more than one selection from each group.

Edit: that above bet is much more than 8/1 - it's 13.65/1.

Edit v2.0: Ooh, Spain v Poland in a bit, time for a scorecast.

In Ladbrokes today one of the pre-written slips have Brazil, Holland, France & Germany as group winner £5 = £50.

I'm not sure France will even get out of the group.

It does, it's just you can't have more than one selection from each group.

Edit: that above bet is much more than 8/1 - it's 13.65/1.

Edit v2.0: Ooh, Spain v Poland in a bit, time for a scorecast.

Found how, cheers.

Guest BooBoo

Given his international scoring record, I had to have a couple of quid each way on Crouch for the golden boot. Was something like 70/1.

70/1 is madness. Crouch could easily have 4 goals by the KO stage.

The bookies know what they are doing, he has no hope in hell of being top scorer.

33/1 is more sensible on the part of the bookies. I'd have said similar about Miroslav Klose last time but 4 goals might be all you'll need to win it and Crouch is capable of that figure, however unlikely.