The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Uruguay, England, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Italy, Brazil.... all to win their respective groups. Fiver returns just over a grand.

Only 'surprises' there, really, would be Uruguay ahead of France, and Denmark ahead of Holland.

Uruguay, England, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Italy, Brazil.... all to win their respective groups. Fiver returns just over a grand.

Only 'surprises' there, really, would be Uruguay ahead of France, and Denmark ahead of Holland.

Good value, I'm tempted to do one the same just with Holland as group winners. Denmark might have their worst team incarnation in ages in the WC.

This is just shit. I put £20 in play on what I thought was Galaxy, but I had put it on Salt Lake. Then, at 60 minutes I find out my error, and withdraw what I could from my original bet (£13) and placed it on Galaxy as I originally had planned with them being undefeated all season and all, and would still have won more than if my original bet on Salt Lake had stood.

Then fucking Salt Lake wins, and I'm all pissed at figuring out my error. Fucking hell. Wheras Jonny Hall is in betting heaven at the moment, I'm in betting hell, everything goes against me, even the possibility of winning through sheer dumb luck fucks up when I discover my error too early. :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

Good value, I'm tempted to do one the same just with Holland as group winners. Denmark might have their worst team incarnation in ages in the WC.

Strangely enough i put that bet on last night, about 65/1 iirc

Decided to have a few bets, but I want to make my minimal funds last the whole WC so gonna have to be very careful.

Just checked my balances and I've got:

£35.27 in Bet365

£20.92 in Betfair

£19.29 in SkyBet

£75.48 in total. Not sure it will last unless I get an early win.

Any sensible recomendations.

I've only been doing online betting for about a month but Skybet and bet365 are both good. Went with SB initially because it's easy to navigate your way round and extremely user-friendly for a online betting amateur like I was, but bet365 generally offers better value.

Spain to win World Cup/Nadal to win Wimbledon - £40 returns about £800

Spain to win World Cup/David Villa top scorer/Nadal to win Wimbledon - £20 returns about £3200

who's that with??

I'm going to throw all my money on South Africa to win the tournament

You might have more fun by just throwing it out of the window of your car while driving over some highway.  :lol:

I was waiting to see if anyone followed me ;)

I think i'm just going to go along to the bookies and bet there, not too comfortable having a betting account after seeing first hand how its wrecked a couple of people's lives. Though i'm only betting daft amounts for fun.

Any tips for the opening games?

I'm going 3-2 Mexico.  :lol: 50/1 stick a couple of quid on.

I'm pretty new to all this. How do you do an accumulator online? Can you do one with bet365?

Yeah, click on the selections you want, they'll appear to the right in your bet slip. Click on multiple bets and a further list of bet options will appear below. It will either say Acca or ?-Fold, the ? being how many selections you have made.

Some interesting bets tomorrow, won't be touching the results but here's a couple I've looked at with a view to having a sneaky couple of quid on:

South Africa v. Mexico

Mphela is South Africa's main goal threat. He's 11/5 to score at any time. Similarly Hernanadez is 12/5 to score at any time for Mexico, he has three in his last three.

I've read a few column who have predicted a cagey low scoring affair, but I disagree. I think both sides will see this as a great oppertunity to get three points on the boards so 11/8 for over 2.5 goals looks tempting.

Also with it being the opening game I can't see too many cards being flashed so I might have a look at under 4.5 bookings at 6/5.

Uruguay v. France

The first scorer market isn't great here but there's some value bets for a bit of daft. France can't defend set pieces for toffee and Lugano grabbed four goals in qualifying, he's 11/1 to score at any time or 28/1 to grab the first goal.

This fixture has only produced six goals in it's last five games but I think the bookies have twigged onto this hence it being a shitty 13/20 for under 2.5 goals.

France are also 1/2 not to keep a clean sheet which they've been struggling to do of late, I think they've kept one clean sheet in eight or something s*** like that. You can also lay France at 8/13.

Well I'll be doing my general WC bets tonight, going to put a couple of audacious ones in for shits and giggles.

Klose, Rooney, RVP and Sestak to be the top scorers for their nation is 77/1.

Well I'll be doing my general WC bets tonight, going to put a couple of audacious ones in for shits and giggles.

Could well be that I'll be wrong here in the end, but I wouldn't put a bet on Klose. Horrible form at the moment. Has scored 2 goals during the whole season. Could well be that against Australia it will be the first and last time that he will start a match during the world cup.

The media here really puts pressure on Jogi Löw to start Cacau as well. Could see him becoming nr.1 striker tbh.

Could well be that I'll be wrong here in the end, but I wouldn't put a bet on Klose. Horrible form at the moment. Has scored 2 goals during the whole season. Could well be that against Australia it will be the first and last time that he will start a match during the world cup.

The media here really puts pressure on Jogi Löw to start Cacau as well. Could see him becoming nr.1 striker tbh.

Still banging them in for Germany though.

Not in recent times. Klose is a player who depends on confidence. If he scores against Australia (and that's a big if for me) he probably will end up with 4,5 or 6 goals at the World Cup. But I doubt it.

Not in recent times. Klose is a player who depends on confidence. If he scores against Australia (and that's a big if for me) he probably will end up with 4,5 or 6 goals at the World Cup. But I doubt it.

He scored seven in eight in qualifying.

"Not in recent times"  Qualifying matches are long gone.

I've seen him against Bosnia-Herzegowina. He looked as on another level as the other players. 2nd half after Cacau came on for him it looked like a completely different game.

"Not in recent times"  Qualifying matches are long gone.

I've seen him against Bosnia-Herzegowina. He looked as on another level as the other players. 2nd half after Cacau came on for him it looked like a completely different game.

Fair enough, haven't seen many friendlies so can't comment.