The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

I'd say all those scenarios were a lot more likely than Spurs pulling off going through to the semis tonight. Obviously not "impossible", but the chance is so miniscule it's not even worth entertaining. 

Completely different situations. 

Arsenal are a team of consistent bottlers.  And if you check that Villa pre match thread, you'll see on page 1 I predicted we'd win 6-0.  :)

The point still stands though. Unpredictable things happen, especially this season.

People sit here, constantly bet on the favourites, don't win and then sit back and wonder why they aren't winning. Betting is about taking a punt, and this is as likely as all the other unlikely things that have happened.

Agree with Jonny, like.

My dad's tactic this season is going down the short priced favourites list, particularly in South American games, and sticking £1 on ten different underdogs as long as the odds are 6-7/1 or better... he only needs one to get most of that back and two to be in profit. One week I think he got about six winners out of ten.

And you're doing the same.

In fact, I bet you've had more success betting small on high odds. I did it a few weeks ago and turned a fiver into £55 in about 2 hours. Took that fiver and turned it into £30 in another hour.

I agree, but the reason I said it's pure stupidity is because the bookies are 1 step ahead.  It's clear they know they'll get a lot of people hoying £5 or £10 quid on Spurs qualifying in a get rich quick chance, so they've put them at awful odds.

So basically, even if Spurs pull off a miracle you'll not win half as much as you should be, and they'll not be losing half as much as they should be.

In-play this season, waiting till 55-60 minutes and sticking money on the team at the longest odds if it's still a draw has been a very good tactic. In Spanish games especially - the away side winning 0-1 with a late-ish goal is dead common.

I find it boring to bet on a 3 odds-on team accumulator to win not much more than i've bet. Go for the bigger prizes and try to pay off some bills.

I'm not betting big money so if i lose i'm not bothered. If i win, however...

As if a team managed by Jose Mourinho would concede 4 goals.  :rolleyes: (I know they did against Barca, but that's a different story)

Probably quite a half arsed team against a Tottenham team who will be attacking constantly gives me a few % chance.

http://www.fhm.com/imgs/631/400/0/original/Full201012201240366076519_jose-mourinho-laughing.jpgx

If anything, Tottenham will already have given up. And if they haven't and go gung-ho as the press says 'Arry will, Real will counter in a goal and crush their spirits once and for all.

This.  :thup:

Btw just low money betting for me tonight. Tomorrow I will withdraw big money from my account after I've had 6 or 7 very, very good weeks in terms of betting finally again.

10 € on Inter (-1), Real Madrid

13 € on Inter to go through.

1 € on Inter 5-1.

David, THIS is low money betting.

£1 on Adebayor FGS and Real 2-1 @ 40/1

£1 on Real, Inter, Rangers and Grimsby draw. 28/1.

Not for my recent standards.  :pow:

50 € on Inter (to win the match) now, though.

They screwed up and owe me a £50 apology.

You screwed up their chances of winning.

Nonsense. They should have been motivated for no reason other than to ensure I win. Failure.

The failure was there the moment you pressed "confirm bet".

Putting a tenner on Inter to qualify, if nowt else just to make tonight a bit interesting.

Betting on Inter to qualify as well just to spite you.

Utter cunt :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Not that it'll matter tonight like.