The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Guest optimistic nit

Well, ok. Probably I have some wrong memories about that then. Or it is because I'm a bit of a fan of Sneijder.

I thought it was more of a deflection from Melo. But anyways, it was given by the FIFA. Bad for those who are in Messi's situation betting wise.

But I doubt that Villa will leave that World Cup without the golden boot.

if melo hadn't headed it , it wouldn't have gone in as the keeper would have got to it.

edit....hope you're right re villa.

it was going in anyway though, i always thought deflections on shots that are on target, even if the deflection makes the shot harder to save, are not own goals

It was already past the keeper by the time it hit Melo, it was a horrific error, got a slight touch off Melo which didn't alter the path significantly, it was Sneijder's goal, and I have a bet on Villa top scorer.

Well, ok. Probably I have some wrong memories about that then. Or it is because I'm a bit of a fan of Sneijder.

I thought it was more of a deflection from Melo. But anyways, it was given by the FIFA. Bad for those who are in Messi's situation betting wise.

if melo hadn't headed it , it wouldn't have gone in as the keeper would have got to it.

it was going in anyway though, i always thought deflections on shots that are on target, even if the deflection makes the shot harder to save, are not own goals

It wasn't a shot.

It wasn't a shot.

The initial intention is irrelevant.

The player hit the ball towards the opposition goal, it was on target originally and the defender's touch didn't significantly alter the path of the ball

That £50 double on Nadal and Spain is starting to look pretty damn good.

What odds did you get on this?  I remember you made the bet well before the World Cup had started.

Guest Roger Kint

What happens if you bet on Villa top goalscorer and there are several joint on the same goals?

If he is joint with 1 other his odds are halved, think thats how golf do it for places

What happens if you bet on Villa top goalscorer and there are several joint on the same goals?

If he is joint with 1 other his odds are halved, think thats how golf do it for places

Cheers. Well better than nowt. Got Villa TGS and Spain WCW for £80, would be nice to have me £60 up from the WC. It would also be my biggest betting win.  :laugh:

Cheers. Well better than nowt. Got Villa TGS and Spain WCW for £80, would be nice to have me £60 up from the WC. It would also be my biggest betting win.  :laugh:

Anyone know how that affects double bets?  I've got Villa top scorer & Spain to win at 18/1 man, cheeky fuckers better not start dropping those odds if he doesn't get outscored by Schneider.

Have 10 € on Hushovd, Freire, Rojas to be ahead of McEwen and Ciolek (2x) respectively. And 12 € on  the same bet without Hushovd vs McEwen.

Hope Ciolek won't have a great day now.  :lol:

Have 10 € on Hushovd, Freire, Rojas to be ahead of McEwen and Ciolek (2x) respectively. And 12 € on  the same bet without Hushovd vs McEwen.

:lol:

I have no clue who these people are

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone know how that affects double bets?  I've got Villa top scorer & Spain to win at 18/1 man, cheeky fuckers better not start dropping those odds if he doesn't get outscored by Schneider.

It would depend how it was worked out to get 18-1.

Am guessing it was about 4-1 for Spain leaving about 11-4 ish on Villa. Be looking at about 11-1 give or take i would say

Cycling, Tour de France...  :lol:

It would depend how it was worked out to get 18-1.

Am guessing it was about 4-1 for Spain leaving about 11-4 ish on Villa. Be looking at about 11-1 give or take i would say

shee-it - just realised on another thread that the likes of Muller, Klose, Forlan etc. can also fuck that bet up :(

my prediction would be Klose, the Germans will be going apeshit trying to get him goals in his last WC

Guest je85

Where do you bet on the tour? Sky Bet offer stupidly limited markets.

At the moment I only use William Hill. You can do it at bet365 as well but they don't allow you to do head-to-head accumulators.

William Hill do. And they offer live bets as soon as the live coverage on Eurosport (13:15) starts.

Last years Tour I used to bet at bwin. They have had the best marked for cycling imo. But I'm not allowed to bet there anymore as they've closed my account (because I've "stolen" 30 € that were on my account accidentally)  :lol:

Guest je85

At the moment I only use William Hill. You can do it at bet365 as well but they don't allow you to do head-to-head accumulators.

William Hill do. And they offer live bets as soon as the live coverage on Eurosport (13:15) starts.

Last years Tour I used to bet at bwin. They have had the best marked for cycling imo. But I'm not allowed to bet there anymore as they've closed my account (because I've "stolen" 30 € that were on my account accidentally)  :lol:

Sweet, I think I've got a William Hill account I'll have a mooch this afternoon.

Of course he had  :doh: 

Ciolek went 2nd. All my bets were wrong.

That £50 double on Nadal and Spain is starting to look pretty damn good.

What odds did you get on this?  I remember you made the bet well before the World Cup had started.

I've actually forgotten.