The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

That £50 double on Nadal and Spain is starting to look pretty damn good.

What odds did you get on this?  I remember you made the bet well before the World Cup had started.

I've actually forgotten.

Probably about 10/1?

Put your house on Germany to grab 3rd spot - the octopus has spoken......... or chosen!

very tempted to put a little on spain/klose (winner/topscorer) if i find out he's playing.

That £50 double on Nadal and Spain is starting to look pretty damn good.

What odds did you get on this?  I remember you made the bet well before the World Cup had started.

I've actually forgotten.

Probably about 10/1?

20/1

Kaizero's Norwegian tips:

Matches are being played on Saturday rather than Sunday. All odds are from Unibet at the time of posting this.

3pm Kick-Off:

Aalesund - Molde

2.10 - 3.40 - 3.30

Molde are in a bad run of form lately, but have quality. Aalesund have been on a good run all season, culminating in them being the first team to beat Tromsø (League 2nd) at Tromsø's home ground. They have a paper thin squad though, and even though they are up there pressing for a position in the top three (currently placed 4th) this is their equalent of the Tyne-Wear derby. Both sides will be really up for winning, and form will probably mean nothing compared to who gets lucky. Aalesund dnb should be a safe option, going by recent form.

5pm Kick-Offs:

Haugesund - Brann

2.20 - 3.40 - 3.10

Haugesund have not lost at home for a year now, and even though Brann are picking up the pace like they should with their players now they've changed managers, I trust Haugeund to keep their home record intact and either draw or win this match. Haugesund dnb.

Hønefoss - Tromsø

3.30 - 3.40 - 2.10

I admit this selection is a bit of a risk. Tromsø are on declining form, and Hønefoss' strikers have finally started to hit the target. Tromsø will be up for crushing whatever opponent they'd be playing now anywas though, as they suffered a humiliating loss in the cup mid-week. I think they should edge this by a lucky goal or two, like they've done all season. Especially if they want to stay in the title race.

Lillestrøm - Rosenborg

3.30 - 3.40 - 2.10

Rosenborg under Nils Arne Eggen is an entertaining side to watch again. Lillestrøm have been on the bad end of some big losses recently and their defence does not look anywhere near watertight. Rosenborg should walk this to be honest, even Per Ciljan Skjelbred is scoring goals for fun under Eggen.

Sandefjord - Start

2.75 - 3.40 - 2.40

Don't bet on this. Seriously. Sandefjord are the worst team in the league, and Start have yet to win away from home. Stay away, or potentiall go for a draw as that's what's written all over this match.

Stabæk - Viking

2.15 - 3.45 - 3.15

Stabæk are on the up form-wise, whilst Viking are patchy away from home. Stabæk should edge this by a goal, but it looks like a close game and a draw could also be on the cards.

Sunday 3pm Kick-Off:

Kongsvinger - Strømsgodset

2.55 - 3.40 - 2.60

Why am I backing a team that's yet to win away from home? Well, they're playing Kongsvinger for starters. Also, their best players are all back from injury whilst there appears to be no hope for Kongsvinger to stay up this season, it looks like they've given up already from the way they are player and we're only halfway through the season.

Monday 6pm Kick-Off:

Odd - Vålerenga

2.30 - 3.40 - 2.90

Vålerenga are looking very sharp and looks to be the only team that can in any way follow Rosenborg towards the end of the season up at the top of the table. If they want to stay in that race, they can't afford to lose against Odd, not even away from home. They should take this, their side is filled with some of the most promising Norwegian talent I've seen in my life and they play some good stuff by Norwegian standards.

As a special today, here's three tips from the second tier of the Norwegian league system:

Sunday 3pm Kick-Offs:

Ranheim - Løv-Ham

1.50 - 4.40 - 5.50

Ranheim are on fire and knocks Tippeliga teams out of the cup as well as beating the big guns in their league. Løv-Ham are not on fire whatsoever.

Sandnes Ulf - Bodø/Glimt

3.00 - 3.50 - 2.20

Bodø/Glimt are doing a promotion push. Sandnes Ulf are looking to floar around mid-table as usual, Bodø should walk this if they want to make their Adeccoliga stay as less lenghty as possible.

Follo - Fredrikstad

3.65 - 3.45 - 1.95

Same reasoning as for Bodø/Glimt. Promotion push etc. etc.

Double:

Rosenborg

Haugesund dnb

£10 @ 3.32 returns £33.2

Treble:

Rosenborg

Haugesund dnb

Tromsø

£10 @ 6.97 returns £69.7

Quadruple:

Rosenborg

Haugesund dnb

Tromsø

Stabæk

£10 @ 14.98 returns £149.8

Alternate Quadruple:

Rosenborg

Haugesund dnb

Ranheim (Adeccoligaen)

Bodø/Glimt (Adeccoligaen)

£10 @ 10.95 returns £109.5

Dare to Dream:

Rosenborg -1

Haugesund

Strømsgodset

Vålerenga

Bodø/Glimt

Ranheim -1

£10 @ 308.48 returns £3084.8

Guest Supersylt

I don`t agree with all of your bets today Kaizero. As you say, Brann has picked up their pace, and I find good value in them to beat Haugesund today @ 3.10. Was considering to back Molde as well, but with the players they are missing today I got a bit scared. Stabæk also looks like a good bet.

NordicBet offers 2.85 for Stabæk to beat Haugesund in a fantasy match. A really good bet in my opinion

Guest Supersylt

stabaek/rosenborg for me today.

supersylt, how does this fantasy match work ?

It is most scored goals. So if Stabæk score more goals than Haugesund they will win the match, and if they score the same amount it is a draw. If I was to guess the winners today I would pick Molde, Brann, Rosenborg and Stabæk. The two last games is to hard to predict so I will stay clear of them.

My bet`s today:

Molde DNB @ 2.30

Brann DNB @ 2.26

Rosenborg DNB @ 1.53

Stabæk DNB @ 1.55

Total: 12.33

Stake: £25

Fantasy matches:

Haugesund - Stabæk 2 @ 2.85

Viking - Brann 2 @ 2.70

Total: 7.70

Stake: £50

Haugesund - Stabæk X2 @ 1.57

Viking - Brann X2 @ 1.36

Total: 2.14

Stake: £50

I don`t agree with all of your bets today Kaizero. As you say, Brann has picked up their pace, and I find good value in them to beat Haugesund today @ 3.10. Was considering to back Molde as well, but with the players they are missing today I got a bit scared. Stabæk also looks like a good bet.

NordicBet offers 2.85 for Stabæk to beat Haugesund in a fantasy match. A really good bet in my opinion

Seems a bit odd tbh, thinking a team that can't win away from home will be the ones to end Haugesunds now year long run of being undefeated at their home ground. Not to mention backing another team that can't win away from home against a team in good form (Aafk v. Molde). Wouldn't have risked my money on something crazy like that, but then again, the football is round and everything can happen. Best of luck, for obvious reasons I don't hope you win (:lol:) but if I don't win I hope you get lucky. :thup:

Guest Supersylt

Thanks, seems a bit stupid of me to bet on Molde and Brann away, as I criticised your bet on the same teams away a while ago. I can`t argue it is a strong bet, but when the odds is as high as it is I find value in the bet, especially with DNB.