Contracts coming to an end

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Solano hasn't had many games this season because of injury, I think we always play better with him then without, I still think he's got a lot to offer when fully fit as he's out cleverest footballer.

Depends on the takeover. If they're loaded, none of them.  :cool:

Hoping were in a position to offload all of them.

I'd add Harper to that list (i think his contract is running out) let him go finish his career off somewhere playing football, and let Krul step up a place in the pecking order.

Solano hasn't had many games this season because of injury, I think we always play better with him then without, I still think he's got a lot to offer when fully fit as he's out cleverest footballer.

When teams sit back and we have to try and break  them down Solano is valuable to us as he's extremely clever. Duff is a headless chicken at times and Zoggy and Milner both have a couple of years before I reckon they'll be able to really pick a killer pass.

At the moment I'd have Solano start every home game and be on the bench away from home, where a more direct style will likely be more effective.

It shocks me that so many people would not offer Moore a new contract! The guys been our only consisently solid defender. fair enough if people see him as a back up to the first team but surely he's done enough to warrent a place in our squad. It's not about replacing him, it's about building a squad an using useful players like him to bring on the youngsters.

On the other hand, Bramble should be released as he has shown no evidence of his ability to cut out his mistakes on a consistant basis. If he is offered a new contract, i hope to god it is because we plan on recouping a transfer fee. 

Solano's one to bring on from the bench with 20 minutes to go, he's very effective at that point. In just about every first half, he's clever and dangerous and effective - but he always burns out in the second period. Nobby changed the game when he came on against Man City, and had we have won, it would have been largely down to his introduction not Dyer's. Dyer didn't really do a huge amount for the most part of that game: the whole team started to play when Nobby came on, with his fresh legs.

Milner should be the one starting games.

It shocks me that so many people would not offer Moore a new contract! The guys been our only consisently solid defender. fair enough if people see him as a back up to the first team but surely he's done enough to warrent a place in our squad. It's not about replacing him, it's about building a squad an using useful players like him to bring on the youngsters.

On the other hand, Bramble should be released as he has shown no evidence of his ability to cut out his mistakes on a consistant basis. If he is offered a new contract, i hope to god it is because we plan on recouping a transfer fee. 

It's not a matter of not wanting to give Moore a new contract. It's a case of him already saying he's returning home to Australia in the summer with his family.

Let Shitus Shambuls go, he the most un-reliable person in squad

.  sibs i think we shud keep for another half year , maybe year, just as a powerful head up the top end of the pitch, as we are not financially sound enough to get some1 else in, no way near good enough to ever be in any starting line up in a toon squad.

solano, okay not the best standered however he wud prolly good for morale in the squad and when he does whipe a good ball in, it is top class.

Moore, depends on how the january transfer goes, i wud like to see someone fresh, but would keep him on the bench if need be.

some one knock off carr as well.  let ramage take that position. 

Give them all a new contract.

You lot are fucking mental!!

We have a ridiculously thin squad, bugger all money and you seriously want to give our players away for nothing!?!

Fucking insanity!! Get some god damn perspective!!

Who are you suggesting we replace these players with, exactly? How are you suggesting we pay for them?

Or do you think we can afford to reduce the squad even further? We'll have to ask all season ticket holders to bring their boots with them next season!!

You're all mad, mad I tells you, mad!! :lol:

It took us 18 months to get rid of Boumsong... our squad decreased but our defense improved.

Bramble's been here for 4 years+...

Catch my drift?

What an appropriate expression.

Continue drifting, go with the flow, let the tide of popular opinion take you where it will...

...watch out for rocks.

You lot are ****ing mental!!

We have a ridiculously thin squad, bugger all money and you seriously want to give our players away for nothing!?!

****ing insanity!! Get some god damn perspective!!

Who are you suggesting we replace these players with, exactly? How are you suggesting we pay for them?

Or do you think we can afford to reduce the squad even further? We'll have to ask all season ticket holders to bring their boots with them next season!!

Other players will be available on Bosmans in the summer- even if we were skint we could pick up better players in all cases with the possible exception of Solano. In addition there will be a raft of players entering the last year of their contracts whose clubs will be willing to do business at less than top dollar.

Solano would be worth a 1-year extention if the terms were right, but I don't think the other three are worth bothering with.

You lot are ****ing mental!!

****ing insanity!! Get some god damn perspective!!

Other players will be available on Bosmans in the summer- even if we were skint we could pick up better players in all cases with the possible exception of Solano. In addition there will be a raft of players entering the last year of their contracts whose clubs will be willing to do business at less than top dollar.

Solano would be worth a 1-year extention if the terms were right, but I don't think the other three are worth bothering with.

What, like this summer you mean?

So who do you propose to bring in, and how much will they cost?

Remember we're skint.

The Russian Billionaires will be in control of the club by then, dur! ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Why don't we just dump the whole team and start from scratch!!

;)

Remember we're skint.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

;)

That's the spirit  :thup:

Remember we're skint.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

;)

That's the spirit  :thup:

Methylated?

It took us 18 months to get rid of Boumsong... our squad decreased but our defense improved.

Catch my drift?

Continue drifting, go with the flow, let the tide of popular opinion take you where it will...

...watch out for rocks.

So, because my opinion is shared by the majority - that makes it incorrect?

That's what you're saying.

Odd.

Catch my drift?

...watch out for rocks.

So, because my opinion is shared by the majority - that makes it incorrect?

That's what you're saying.

Odd.

No, the fact that it's incorrect, makes it incorrect.

All your opinion being shared by the majority makes is: me depressed. :(

Let's look at what you're saying:

Give Bramble away for free.

Some issues that might arise from that course of action:

1. We have a wafer-thin squad, which you are suggesting we make even thinner.

2. We have hardly any money, but you want to use what little we do have, not on strengthening our wafer-thin squad, but on replacing a player we already have, but you want to give away for free.

3. Blatantly if we give him away, whoever  picks him up will turn him a good, reliable, dependable, central-defender, because they will have coaches that actually know what they are doing.

4. How many more of our players would you suggest we simply give away? Dyer, Shola, Luque, etc, etc, etc? Who's going to play for us next season? Me? You?

Remember we're skint.

I'm not a European football scout- I don't see why I need to provide specifics for other players to know certains players aren't up to the job. I don't watch those other players but I do see our lot. Anyway no-one can decisively say how much a player would cost, only what they would reasonably offer for that player.

Figuring that we should stick with what we have because there's not a big-name obvious alternative is not the way to improve the side. The footballtransfers.net usually has a good list of players available in the summer but they've not got round to the 'Bosman Team' for this season yet. What I'm saying is that sides have brought it players of comparable if not greater ability to Moore and Bramble on a regular basis. Christ, FM07 is probably pretty accurate with contract info maybe I'll give that a go.

Both Neill and Distin are better options than we currently have and are on Bosmans- but I reckon we could do better than those- perhaps with a bit of scouting. Or is that too radical.

Personally, I think there's a very strong possibility we'll be under new ownership by the summer (though perhaps not January given how long the Lerner-Villa deal took to go through the formalities).

That would work out better anyway- there's more value to be had in the summer window as clubs are less reluctant to sell.

Remember we're skint.

I'm not a European football scout- I don't see why I need to provide specifics for other players to know certains players aren't up to the job. I don't watch those other players but I do see our lot. Anyway no-one can decisively say how much a player would cost, only what they would reasonably offer for that player.

But you do think you know enough about it to say that we should GIVE PLAYERS AWAY FOR FREE!!

Figuring that we should stick with what we have because there's not a big-name obvious alternative is not the way to improve the side. The footballtransfers.net usually has a good list of players available in the summer but they've not got round to the 'Bosman Team' for this season yet. What I'm saying is that sides have brought it players of comparable if not greater ability to Moore and Bramble on a regular basis. Christ, FM07 is probably pretty accurate with contract info maybe I'll give that a go.

Who said anything about big-names? I'm saying we're skint, how you've managed to misinterpret that as me saying we should bring in big-names is beyond me!!

Even Bosmans cost money you know: signing-on fee, agents fee, wages, etc. Or did you think they robbed those flashy cars they drive?

Both Neill and Distin are better options than we currently have and are on Bosmans- but I reckon we could do better than those- perhaps with a bit of scouting. Or is that too radical.

What makes you think that they'd want to come here? You know when a player signs and he comes out with: "Well Newcastle was the only club for me, I just wanted to play in front of those fans" TM © Well that's what's commonly refered to as BOLLOCKS. I'll give you a clue to the real reason they sign for us, shall I?

£$€£$€£$€

Personally, I think there's a very strong possibility we'll be under new ownership by the summer (though perhaps not January given how long the Lerner-Villa deal took to go through the formalities).

I truely hope so, but we can't afford to assume that's what's going to happen and that includes not giving our players away for free.

That would work out better anyway- there's more value to be had in the summer window as clubs are less reluctant to sell.

So you're suggesting getting rid of players from our squad at Christmas and not replacing them until the summer!?! :lol: