Our Forwards

QBG

Carroll is good enough to be our starting CF next year. A real force in the air, and not awful on the deck either. I think he'll lead the line quite well for us and maybe get in the neighborhood of 10 goals in the league over the course of next season. He's good enough for where we'll be next year, and he's still only 21 so there's a chance he can develop into a very good player in time.

Shola I think can be a capable back-up for Carroll, and maybe push him for the starting spot if he hits some form or Carroll has a bit of  a struggle.

Lovenkrands is a good player to have in the squad, but I wouldn't want him starting every week. Ranger has loads of talent but appears to be too much of a tosser to ever realise it. And Best is terrible and anyone expecting him to ever be any good is a wanker.

Essentially we need a better version of Lovenkrands to start alongside Carroll or we're fucked.

“The club is going to desperately need a couple of guys who can get 20 goals. If they think that what they went up with is good enough for the Premier League, without improving, that is sheer folly,” he said.

From Malcolm MacDonald in the Chronicle.  :doh:

Let's hope either Drogba, Rooney, Bent, Tevez or Lampard are available then.

Maybe, I guess it could be read that way.

He says earlier though:

“Having won promotion with a record number of points, and won games by some very high scorelines, no-one got 20 goals.

“For not a single forward to reach 20 goals in an absolutely runaway season, when the side is scoring goals for fun, is disappointing to me.

“So if they couldn’t do that in the Championship, how do they hope to in the Premier League?

Stressing the importance of strikers getting 20 goals, albeit in the Championship.

Maybe, I guess it could be read that way.

He says earlier though:

“Having won promotion with a record number of points, and won games by some very high scorelines, no-one got 20 goals.

“For not a single forward to reach 20 goals in an absolutely runaway season, when the side is scoring goals for fun, is disappointing to me.

“So if they couldn’t do that in the Championship, how do they hope to in the Premier League?

Stressing the importance of strikers getting 20 goals, albeit in the Championship.

MacDonald perpetuating the myth that you need a 20 goal a season striker to survive. Yes it would be great to have one but there were only 5 players last season who scored over 20 in the league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

Barclays Premier League Top Scorers

Drogba Chelsea 29

Rooney Man Utd 26

Bent Sunderland 24

Tevez Man City 23

Lampard Chelsea 22

Defoe Tottenham 18

Torres Liverpool 18

Fabregas Arsenal 15

Adebayor Man City 14

Agbonlahor Aston Villa 13

Saha Everton 13

Berbatov Man Utd 12

A Johnson Man City 12

Klasnic Bolton 12

Malouda Chelsea 12

Like I said earlier, the clubs we will be competing against aren't exactly stuffed full of goal machines: -

Do people think that Blackpool, West Brom, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Bolton, Stoke and Blackburn have strikers that are better than our current striker options? Those teams are the teams we are realistically going to be competing against next season.

goals from midfield are whats going to be important, hopefully nolan can continue his goal scoring tendencies back in prem though i highly doubt it would be at the same number but if he could get 7 or 8 league goals that would be a good return from him and our other midfielders can hopefully get in on the act

Like I said earlier, the clubs we will be competing against aren't exactly stuffed full of goal machines: -

Do people think that Blackpool, West Brom, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Bolton, Stoke and Blackburn have strikers that are better than our current striker options? Those teams are the teams we are realistically going to be competing against next season.

That's true imo. I don' think that those teams have better strikers than we have - I don't think they have a better squad than we have either. That's why I'm optimistic about next season. As I've said before, we went down because of some "accidents" and if those won't happen again we'll stay up comfortable and probably reach a top 12, top 10 position.

goals from midfield are whats going to be important, hopefully nolan can continue his goal scoring tendencies back in prem though i highly doubt it would be at the same number but if he could get 7 or 8 league goals that would be a good return from him and our other midfielders can hopefully get in on the act

There's no chance Nolan will score that many goals. Do you not remember how abysmal he was in the Premier League with us?

There's no chance Nolan will score that many goals. Do you not remember how abysmal he was in the Premier League with us?

what can i say i'm an optimistic guy.