Kieron Dyer

Guest BooBoo

Everyone is putting Dyer in a team, stating he'll be a Saviour etc...but he'll be injured within the next 3weeks max, and be out until next season.

Forget about him, we need bodies who don't break at a slight gust of wind.

Even ex-convicts are innocent of new crimes unless proven guilty. Lets try and be optimistic about this one.

I am. I was being positive, i actually think he'll be injured within the next game.

I gave up on him a long time ago, if he comes good, sweet, but am not holding my breath.

Everyone is putting Dyer in a team, stating he'll be a Saviour etc...but he'll be injured within the next 3weeks max, and be out until next season.

Even ex-convicts are innocent of new crimes unless proven guilty. Lets try and be optimistic about this one.

I am. I was being positive, i actually think he'll be injured within the next game.

I gave up on him a long time ago, if he comes good, sweet, but am not holding my breath.

awww  go on hold it man , we are all behind you.

How gay does that sentence sound?  bluelaugh.gif

bluelaugh.gif

Well if your used to having a queue behind you I suppose it would sound that way. :D  bluelaugh.gif

bluelaugh.gif

Well if your used to having a queue behind you I suppose it would sound that way. :D  bluelaugh.gif

Don't try and turn round your obvious gay tendencies on me ya big poof!  bluebigrazz.gif  :lol:

bluelaugh.gif

Don't try and turn round your obvious gay tendencies on me ya big poof!  bluebigrazz.gif  :lol:

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

You wanna  spade to help dig that hole ?  bluelaugh.gif

bluelaugh.gif

No you keep it, you seriously need it more than me right now.  blueyes.gif bluebiggrin.gif

bluelaugh.gif

No you keep it, you seriously need it more than me right now.  blueyes.gif bluebiggrin.gif

Your right, I'll pass you a ladder so you can get out of the hole you have already dug.  bluelaugh.gif

NE5's analysis of our midfield is about right to be fair. No pairing from Parker, Butt and Emre looks to have a good balance for anything other than away games where we're likely to be defending for long periods.

For me we'll never go anywhere with Emre in the team.

Emre, while technically very good, neither gets forward enough nor tracks back enough to be of any use to us in a 4-4-2 system. For a supposed attacking midfielder he rarely gets the ball in a threatening position and as a result we usually pass the ball around fruitlessly before ultimately sending a hopeful long ball forward. Emre would be useful in a 3 man center midfield, where he has one man behind him to do the defensive work and another who is willing to burst forward and get beyond  the opposition's midfield to support our strikers, leaving Emre to be our playmaker as such. When we played Arsenal at the start of last season we had a 3 man CM of Parker, Emre and Jenas and I thought we looked very good until Jenas got sent off.

However, to play a 3 man CM you generally need to play with just one striker, a target man if you will. With both Michael Owen and Martins on our books that's not the direction we're heading in, so Emre has to go. I'd take what we can get for him and be rid tbh.

Dyer, should he stay fit, must end up playing in CM in my opinion. Roeder's talk about Parker being an attacking midfielder is guff to be fair. He doesn't have the poise on the ball to be our creative force from the middle. He generally panics on the ball far too much. Let him compete with Butt for the DM spot (maybe have Butt teach him a thing or two about the tactical side of the position) and use Dyer as our AM. Of course, given his injury record, we can't rely on Dyer just yet so I'd look to get in another player willing to get up to support the strikers to challenge him. Sidwell would be a good option... we should have kept Bowyer tbh.  :winking:

When we finished 3rd a few years back it was Dyer & Speed in CM, and we played some very impressive football. I'd give him a run there again, our football would benefit massively from it.

Whilst we have striker problems, Dyer should be played in the hole behind Martins. When we have someone else who can play up front he should slot in alongside Parker. So long as Parker stays disciplined like he did at the end of last season.

All i know is that Dyer has to be in our team when fit and we still need a midfield that can make late runs into the box like Cahill or Nolan.

All i know is that he is scum.

He's an average player with above average pace, who is far too injury prone to be a worthwhile player for us.

Get rid as soon as we can - if some mugs give us £3m for him, i'd take their ****ing hands off.

Not that I disagree with your comments but he did shag your missus didnt he?

tongue.gif

All i know is that he is scum.

He's an average player with above average pace, who is far too injury prone to be a worthwhile player for us.

Get rid as soon as we can - if some mugs give us £3m for him, i'd take their ****ing hands off.

Not that I disagree with your comments but he did shag your missus didnt he?

tongue.gif

nope. My bird is from Leeds. And not the part where they let the "darker" boys go.