Kieron Dyer

Guest BooBoo

I am not to sure that Parker knows what role Glenn wants him to play, I think if he is told to say back and hold the midfiled then he will do, but Emre does that too so when they are together in the middle its like neither of them are sure which one should be pushing on and who should be holding.

Where as Dyer does not have that holding part in his game, he is all about getting forward and taking people on.

Its not very offten Parker does that, Emre will now and then but Dyer will look to do it as soon as he gets the ball.

there is something wrong with Newcastle's central midfield.

Parker and Emre don't get forward enough, or gel properly. Butt and Parker is too defensive but good for certain games ie yesterday.

Butt and Emre would be similar to Parker and Emre. And Emre is a homer.

What bothers me more than anything, is that despite being aware of the fact it isn't good, Parker still ends up on his arse far too much. And as partnerships, they just don't appear to be working at their flaws ie dovetailing, which they must be aware of.

We spend too much time giving the ball away and defending because of our weakness in midfield and up front. There is too big a gap between the midfield players and the front men. When did you last see Emre get into the box ? Yet he is supposed to be the most attacking player of the two ? He should be consistently looking to support his front players and running past them as well.

Emre took a shot from inside the box against Sheffield United. I was so shocked I nearly fell over.

Wot about this -

Parker....Butt.....Emre

.....Dyer...Duff

........Martins

I'd like that.

Maybe Dyer and Duff could play a bit more on the wing tthough.

---Parker--Butt

--Emre---

Dyer------------------------------------Duff

-------Martins--------

I'd like that.

---Parker--Butt

--Emre---

-------Martins--------

I think it would be more use to swap Emre and Parker there with that formation, i can't see  Emre making late runs into the box much as he likes to get involved in the build up.

Whereas Parker (who im not a great fan of atm) does at least gets his arse up there the odd time running into the box and maybe getting on the end of things. imo anyhow.

Guest elbee909

I'd like that.

---Parker--Butt

--Emre---

-------Martins--------

I think it would be more use to swap Emre and Parker there with that formation, i can't see  Emre making late runs into the box much as he likes to get involved in the build up.

Whereas Parker (who im not a great fan of atm) does at least gets his arse up there the odd time running into the box and maybe getting on the end of things. imo anyhow.

That sort of system needs much better fullbacks than the ones we have, unfortunately.

I'd like that.

---Parker--Butt

--Emre---

-------Martins--------

I think it would be more use to swap Emre and Parker there with that formation, i can't see Emre making late runs into the box much as he likes to get involved in the build up.

That sort of system needs much better fullbacks than the ones we have, unfortunately.

:lol: You could say that about any system tbf.

without martins, thats what souness was building for i think. would like to see that tried with a  behind them of:

butt

parker    emre

Guest Gemmill

Been saying for ages how much we miss him, and defending him against the idiots who hate him for being a) injured and b) overpaid (neither of which are his fault).  Glad to see him scoring and making a big difference to the team.  Long may it continue.

When fit he is one of our better players and in small glimpses we have seen how good he is. I think it would be a massive boost if he remains fit as I believe he can be a big asset for us.

We have seen him break down too many times to get carried away just yet. Heres hoping he can stay fit.

Guest Gemmill

Reading the interview with him in the Sunday Sun, he was raring to go in August, but Roeder told him that he wanted him to take the full 6 months off to make sure he was completely ready.  Kudos to Roeder for that, especially given how we started the season.  Although he loses points for then playing Shola when he should have been on an operating table.

Its going to be very hard to find a formation we suit that will use Dyer Emre and Parker.

------------------Given

Taylor-----Ramage----M0ore----Duff

-----------------Parker

--------Dyer--------------Emre

Milner-----------------------------Zoggy

----------------Martins

Its going to be very hard to find a formation we suit that will use Dyer Emre and Parker.

-----------------Parker

----------------------????

-----------Martins

are we allowed an extra player because we are so poor? or what are the questionmarks for?

-----------------Parker

-----------Martins

We will play

Solano/Milner Parker Emre Duff/Zoggy

Dyer Martins

Got nothing against this, Dyer and Martins as strikers gives us lightening pace and they work well together, as we saw on Saturday.

-----------------Parker

-----------Martins

are we allowed an extra player because we are so poor? or what are the questionmarks for?

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

One of those days mate, one of those days.  :thup:

But aye I think from what Roder has been saying today that he is going to use Martins and Dyer as our strike force.

-----------------Given

Taylor--Ramage---Bramble---Duff

------------------Butt

--------Parker------------Emre

Nobby---------Martins---------Dyer

-----------------Parker

-----------Martins

Must be Given

I've said before, 4-2-3-1 is the way forward. No point deploying wingers with the strikers we have available, and this lineup would offer much penetration through the centre without compromising the team defensively:

Butt Parker

Dyer Emre Milner

Martins

I've said before, 4-2-3-1 is the way forward. No point deploying wingers with the strikers we have available, and this lineup would offer much penetration through the centre without compromising the team defensively:

Butt Parker

Dyer Emre Milner

Martins

Could work but swpa Milner for Zog

------------Parker----Butt

-----Dyer-------Emre-------Zog

--------------Martins

Everyone is putting Dyer in a team, stating he'll be a Saviour etc...but he'll be injured within the next 3weeks max, and be out until next season.

Forget about him, we need bodies who don't break at a slight gust of wind.

Everyone is putting Dyer in a team, stating he'll be a Saviour etc...but he'll be injured within the next 3weeks max, and be out until next season.

Even ex-convicts are innocent of new crimes unless proven guilty. Lets try and be optimistic about this one.

Thats what I like to see, positive thinking.  :wullie: