Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best moment of the whole match: watching it with a West Ham fan saying how good Green was minutes before he let that one in :lol:

I found the match a bit s*** in the second half, but the atmosphere was great. Most of the yanks in the pub had obviously never watched a football game before and were yelling and cheering for throw-ins, skyed shots and USA stringing two passes together. But it was great.

English goaltendering man, the gift that keeps on giving  :lol:

Disappointed with this match tbh. Goalkeeping error once again costing England (maybe) a win isn't nice.

What was with the Milner substitution btw? Was it because injury/his yellow card or because he was just shit?

Mike is smug as shit :lol:

England were really poor. The central midfield partnership did absolutely nothing. How many times did Gerrard and Lampard simply move the ball on to the wingers without any deliberation or intention? It was lackadaisical, and the performance of the two was just vapid.

Where was the drive, the emotion? This is the WC, ffs. You started well and ended well, but in between was just 70 minutes of nothing football.

You still obviously have the ability to do something in the tournament, but an abject performance like this after the group stage will signal an end to your participation.

Look at a team like South Korea; they were playing a pretty shit team but they showed up, dominated the match and tried to create as many chances as possible. Otoh, once you went 1-0 up, you seemed to slow things down and that, imo, allowed the Americans to get into the game.

Same old story isnt it, we always sit back at 1-0. Was hoping Capello would have disciplined them well enough not to do that, doesnt look like it.

Our mentality is always our issue. Same reason we beat platinum stars 3-0. Germany probably would have put 20 past them. They let their egos get in the way and take it easy instead.

Capello is shit. What has he done different. and this isn't kneejerk, he's lost to Spain, France and Brazil. No way we're going far in this tournament.

Capello's not shit, it's just a very ordinary England side.

I'm as disappointed as any English fan and I would love to smack Green in the face, but people should chill out. Despite what people say, USA is actually a decent team and are favourites to qualify with us. Once we get Barry back, things would really improve. One player can have a knock on effect on so many others. Barry would anchor the midfield which would allow Lampard to push forward more. Lampard is an attacking midfielder, not a Centre Midfielder and even less a DM play simple sort of midfielder (which was the role he was playing yesterday). Gerrard would either play off Rooney which means more shots on target or if Heskey was to retain his place (which is understandable), then Gerrard can take the left wing/midfield position which allows him to cut inside again for more shots. Hopefully Capello would have realized that SWP cannot play on the left wing, it has to be either Joe Cole or Gerrard.

Personally I would go with 4-4-1-1 against Algeria

GK: James

RB: Johnson

CB: Terry

CB: King/Dawson (never Carragher...way too slow at this level)

LB: Cole

CM: Barry

CM (attacking): Lampard

RW: Lenon/SWP

LW: Cole

ACM: Gerrard

Striker: Rooney

We are quite fortunate that we can probably still 'experiment' a little against Algeria and probably still win. We should qualify from the group, it's the second round match that will really test us so it is important that we know what works by then.

I hated watching the game with the people I did. It was a case of 'We r guna win it lyk' and then 'we r fukkin shit lyk' after one game. Look at the bigger picture you cretins. I'd certainly stick with Green as well. There is no way he's gonna fuck up like that again.

I hated watching the game with the people I did. It was a case of 'We r guna win it lyk' and then 'we r fukkin s*** lyk' after one game. Look at the bigger picture you cretins. I'd certainly stick with Green as well. There is no way he's gonna f*** up like that again.

I'm not sure of that, apparently (and I can't verify this), whilst he is a good instinctive shot stopper, he has issues with long range grounders as shown in the Mexican game, a few blinder saves but apparently also nervous when it came to long range shots. If teams sussed him out, then we might be in trouble. James whilst in no way a world class keeper, has in my view left his calamity James tag behind and had a decent season with Portsmouth plus probably has the big match experience to not bottle it. Hart would have been ideal had he been given exposure earlier, a bit too risky to try him out now.

personally I cant believe capello started off with milner ahead of joe cole, is joe cole not match fit??  milner is ordinary, should never be in a world cup side: hes never shown anything in an england top to justify being selected, hes a complete alsoran: a terrible selection, and we played catchup for the rest of the game imo.

IS joe cole being saved up for some reason?  or is capello just incompetent?

I think we got the striker selection right for a 442, however i would NOT bring on crouch for that formation, as he is not a world class striker.  Crouch is only good enough for 433, as he just an attacking midfielder.

for 442 there were no crosses comming in from the wings, during 2nd half.  why?  what were swp/lennon doing?  why where they running into the box all the time....because they know they cant cross??  SO why play 442?

capello is starting to look bit of a lame duck atmo.  HEs gonna need to be brilliant in 2nd game or take the blame!

Although Green's mistake was awful, I think the real problem is that we only managed to score 1 goal past the USA. Its not as if they scored in the last minute and we didn't have any time remaining to create anything. Unfortunately our best chance seem to fall to Heskey and Glen Johnson

personally I cant believe capello started off with milner ahead of joe cole, is joe cole not match fit??  milner is ordinary, should never be in a world cup side: hes never shown anything in an england top to justify being selected, hes a complete alsoran: a terrible selection, and we played catchup for the rest of the game imo.

IS joe cole being saved up for some reason?   or is capello just incompetent?

I think we got the striker selection right for a 442, however i would NOT bring on crouch for that formation, as he is not a world class striker.  Crouch is only good enough for 433, as he just an attacking midfielder.

for 442 there were no crosses comming in from the wings, during 2nd half.  why?  what were swp/lennon doing?  why where they running into the box all the time....because they know they cant cross??  SO why play 442?

capello is starting to look bit of a lame duck atmo.   HEs gonna need to be brilliant in 2nd game or take the blame!

Crouch is an attacking midfielder???

Enjoyed the game yesterday. We were the better team and on another day could have won comfortably - it's a bit worrying we weren't finishing our chances but the performance was good enough. Heskey had a very good game I thought, Rooney was a bit underwhelming and a few had stinkers (Milner, Crouchy).

Plenty of reasons to be positive.

Guest neesy111

This England team is just about the one in 2006 and it plays like the team in 2006.

Why or why do England try and try to put lampard and gerrard together, it'd been tried for 6 bloody years without success.

Guest Phil K

I hated watching the game with the people I did. It was a case of 'We r guna win it lyk' and then 'we r fukkin s*** lyk' after one game. Look at the bigger picture you cretins. I'd certainly stick with Green as well. There is no way he's gonna f*** up like that again.

This is equally cretinous, mate.

He's f*cked up ludicrously once.

Even a sodding moderate schoolboy wouldn't make a mistake like that

How the hell do you know he's not going to f*ck up again ?

He'll be nervous as hell about making an equally ridiculous error, which leaves him open for other errors.

James has made errors before, and come back.

And made more errors.

Green isn't as good as Calamity James to start with.

Good old Emile proved plenty right, too.

Remember when Green thought he would be clever & wear these gloves:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/18/article-1086947-00403E3100000578-812_233x229.jpg

Hope he hasn't got "England's No. 1" gloves made.

Guest neesy111

Although Green's mistake was awful, I think the real problem is that we only managed to score 1 goal past the USA. Its not as if they scored in the last minute and we didn't have any time remaining to create anything. Unfortunately our best chance seem to fall to Heskey and Glen Johnson

I said this, that mistake papered over many cracks, too many if's and but's in the team!