Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The right results ocurred today. Slovenia did not deserve to go though - they were lucky against Algeria and US . In both games they had the ref essentially give them four points when they only deserved one.

Aside from the turgid opener the US also deserved to win this group. So justice is served and I am happy and don't care who the US gets in the next round. Although I think its pretty clear that we need to score at least two more goals than the opposition if we want to win since we've been getting done pretty consistantly by the refs since 2002. The US are the Millwall of world football as far as popularity goes.

Whichever of us gets the Germans - we had better win, for Parky's sake.

The right results ocurred today. Slovenia did not deserve to go though - they were lucky against Algeria and US . In both games they had the ref essentially give them four points when they only deserved one.

Aside from the turgid opener the US also deserved to win this group. So justice is served and I am happy and don't care who the US gets in the next round. Although I think its pretty clear that we need to score at least two more goals than the opposition if we want to win since we've been getting done pretty consistantly by the refs since 2002. The US are the Millwall of world football as far as popularity goes.

Aye. It will be a nightmare here if we lose to Germany, the whole of Mrs P's extended family to contend with.  :knuppel2:

Germany are beatable. Ghana can play for the draw, beat them on the counter attack.

Can't see Ghana getting anything today tbh. If there's no red card for Germany this time - which is a quite big if at this WC.

Out of interest Blef, how come you don't support England?

Mam's Scottish. Never supported anyone but Scotland as long as I can remember.

Do you like to see England do well?

Passing much better today. Hope those saying we lack technique are crying into their chips.

Milner: MOTM for me. Sadly had to watch the match in a southern boozer. Was like walking into a copy of the Sun.

Guest firetotheworks

Passing much better today. Hope those saying we lack technique are crying into their chips.

Milner: MOTM for me. Sadly had to watch the match in a southern boozer. Was like walking into a copy of the Sun.

Tits?

:boomboom:

Tits?

Tits, and blokes wrapped in England flags shouting, "Goooooo on, you cant."

Really looking forward to Germany-Ghana.

I picked Ghana to win the group -- probably more heart than head-- and was convinced that they were the African side to succeed this time out. Unlike seemingly everyone else, I haven't been all that impressed with Germany. The win over Australia for me was down to really poor tactics on the Aussies part.

Would really like to see Ghana 1st, Serbia 2nd. I think the US and England can beat anyone coming out of this group. Now watch Germany come out and destroy Ghana.   :rolleyes:

Oh and well done on second place England, I knew you could do it.

:fishing

Not to mention that US were "Lucky" to have Green in goal for England game, were lucky that US were not down to 10 men in first 30 secs on Slovenia game (nasty elbow), and lucky that referee bought the dive by US to set up "the free kick for the goal that wasn't".

Could have been very different.

:fishing   ;D

Don't get me wrong -  I'm happy with US performance, but there is some very selective memories in place

Tits?

Tits, and blokes wrapped in England flags shouting, "Goooooo on, you cant."

Did you hear John Terry singing the anthem as the camera passed down the team?

"Send 'er Victorious"

Not to mention that US were "Lucky" to have Green in goal for England game, were lucky that US were not down to 10 men in first 30 secs on Slovenia game (nasty elbow), and lucky that referee bought the dive by US to set up "the free kick for the goal that wasn't".

Could have been very different.

:fishing:   ;D

Don't get me wrong -  I'm happy with US performance, but there is some very selective memories in place

I've been sussed.  :lol: