Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shame the Kiwi's couldn't get a late goal to add even more drama to the day, which I spent watching football at work again.  O0

I wanted to cheer for them so badly, but they are a horrible, horrible team to watch. They literally have no flair, at all.

Sam Allardyce has just made a 10m bid for their entire squad.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm just trying to think, as I noticed the Italian team had no black players; are there any black Italian Footballers? Or is Lippi a racist pig?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm just trying to think, as I noticed the Italian team had no black players; are there any black Italian Footballers? Or is Lippi a racist pig?

Balotelli of Inter Milan.

And thats about it isn't it? How strange.  :undecided:

Christian Manfredini was Italian born and went onto play for Ivory Coast once instead.

Race is still a big deal in Italy. It's quite pathetic tbh how archaic they are and how much abuse alot of black footballers get. Balotelli will likely never get a chance for the national team under current attitudes.

A famous case is of Marco Zoro who tried to walk off the pitch after taking abuse from Inter fans.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe I'm doing this, I never complain. I just want to make it known that ITV Commentator Peter Drury is almost ruining this World Cup for me. I imagine most people receive complaints in their jobs, and always thought that doing so would be unnecessary because unless there was a real collection of complaints, then nothing would change. Peter Drury and his patronising, scripted, condescending, hyperbole-ing, terribly cliche'd drivel is pretty much the exception. Now you might think that it's OK, because the idiot demographic like him, nope. Even my step-brother, a complete idiot (he thought a man with a white stick could just be colour blind, seriously I'm not even making that up) thinks he's terrible.

I don't expect this to make much difference, but it has to be said. No one I know likes him, and pretty much every one I speak to mentions just how cringe-worthy he is. How he gets matches ahead of Peter Brackley or, even Clive Tyldesley is completely beyond me. He is undoubtedly the best advert for BBC Sport out there. I'm not too fussed if this makes any difference, I just hope I've planted another seed, added to a rumour around ITV, or added emphasis to the word around the complaints department, that Peter Drury is in no way the answer, and that having him talk on behalf of ITV Sport, or even ITV isn't doing the brands reputation any good at all. Viewing figures or not, you may as well please your audience.

None in the Slovakia side either. Or New Zealand. Or Australia. Or Slovenia. Or Spain. Or Greece. Or Denmark. Racist bastards.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Christian Manfredini was Italian born and went onto play for Ivory Coast once instead.

Race is still a big deal in Italy. It's quite pathetic tbh how archaic they are and how much abuse alot of black footballers get. Balotelli will likely never get a chance for the national team under current attitudes.

Guess the Mafia stereotype is still true at a club level. That's crazy.

Guest firetotheworks

Deserve it for not calling up Totti or Balotelli.

:kasper:  HHWWHAT!?

I just assumed he was injured, as you would. That is up there with Cambiasso being ignored.

Deserve it for not calling up Totti or Balotelli.

:kasper:  HHWWHAT!?

I just assumed he was injured, as you would. That is up there with Cambiasso being ignored.

Retired from international football. There was alot of murmering about him having a come-back though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

None in the Slovakia side either. Or New Zealand. Or Australia. Or Slovenia. Or Spain. Or Greece. Or Denmark. Racist bastards.

No, but they have them in their top divisions. When I tried to think of them in Seria-A, I couldn't apart from Balotelli. Italy is a central/southern europe country so will have a lot of immigration from African nations (at least you'd think). Where as New Zealand is isolated and their Samoan/Hakar natives tend to play Rugby, same as Australia.

I can't believe I'm doing this, I never complain. I just want to make it known that ITV Commentator Peter Drury is almost ruining this World Cup for me. I imagine most people receive complaints in their jobs, and always thought that doing so would be unnecessary because unless there was a real collection of complaints, then nothing would change. Peter Drury and his patronising, scripted, condescending, hyperbole-ing, terribly cliche'd drivel is pretty much the exception. Now you might think that it's OK, because the idiot demographic like him, nope. Even my step-brother, a complete idiot (he thought a man with a white stick could just be colour blind, seriously I'm not even making that up) thinks he's terrible.

I don't expect this to make much difference, but it has to be said. No one I know likes him, and pretty much every one I speak to mentions just how cringe-worthy he is. How he gets matches ahead of Peter Brackley or, even Clive Tyldesley is completely beyond me. He is undoubtedly the best advert for BBC Sport out there. I'm not too fussed if this makes any difference, I just hope I've planted another seed, added to a rumour around ITV, or added emphasis to the word around the complaints department, that Peter Drury is in no way the answer, and that having him talk on behalf of ITV Sport, or even ITV isn't doing the brands reputation any good at all. Viewing figures or not, you may as well please your audience.

Have you emailed that to them?

That offside call was shocking, i thought. Look clearly on to me. But is this the first time that both finalists from 4 years ago have gone out in the group stage?

Guess the Mafia stereotype is still true at a club level. That's crazy.

It's not just race tbh, Mutu and Ibra in particular have both taken gypsy slurs aswell in the past.

Deserve it for not calling up Totti, Cassano or Balotelli and relying on players who are clearly past it.

fyp

I don't believe for one second that Francesco Totti wouldn't have improved that insipid rubbish.

No, but they have them in their top divisions. When I tried to think of them in Seria-A, I couldn't apart from Balotelli. Italy is a central/southern europe country so will have a lot of immigration from African nations (at least you'd think). Where as New Zealand is isolated and their Samoan/Hakar natives tend to play Rugby, same as Australia.

They all sell bags on the street, not play top-division football.

Guest Heneage

Totti shouldn't have been called up anyway, he played no part in qualifiers or even the confederation cup, to do that would be a slap in the face to a player who'd earned the side the place.

Either way the tactics were all wrong.

Deserve it for not calling up Totti, Cassano or Balotelli and relying on players who are clearly past it.

fyp

I don't believe for one second that Francesco Totti wouldn't have improved that insipid rubbish.

Cassano has retired from international football for the time being. He was getting married this summer and refused to be available from what I heard.

I'll say it for the second day in a row; whatever happened to there having to be clear daylight between the attacker and the defender for it to be offside? Isn't the attacker suppost to be given the benefit of the doubt not the other way around?

Yes that's the case. Urs Meier who works as an expert for the German TV said that as well. The goal should have counted.

am quite sure i heard that this rule was changed in the last couple of years so that there no longer needs to be clear daylight - just any attacking part of the forward needs to be ahead of the  defender

Guest firetotheworks

Have you emailed that to them?

That offside call was shocking, i thought. Look clearly on to me. But is this the first time that both finalists from 4 years ago have gone out in the group stage?

Hmm, Im not sure. Aye I sent that email. The first TV related complaint I've ever made, he was that bad.

He was definitely offside, his head and knee were clearly offside. I thought it was a really astute decision.