Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If England don't win the World Cup we should all sue Terry Venables, Harry Redknapp, Ian Wright and The Sun.

EDIT:

Michael Ballack being injured blessing in disguise for Germany?

Dunno like, Khodeira hasn't done anything out of the ordinary and he is his replacement.

Formation and tactics would have changed though?

Bit laughable yeah. One of the best qualifying campaigns out of any nation & we're rubbish because of a draw with the USA.

I don't get it, we put in a good shift. We were America's final, they won't up their game against Algeria or Slovenia like they did against us.

Australia are doing their best right now to make Germany look good, they have been shocking.

It's just the huge difference in the way the teams go about their play. Even if this game were still 0 - 0 the qulaity of play from Germany is just miles ahead of anything England was doing yesterday. I have no doubt that Germany would produce this type of football against USA too. England might also be winning this game 2 - o if it were them bu it would have been disjointed and unimpressive. Germany just look miles more confident and sure of themselves and what they are trying to do.

:nope: Not getting those crosses past The Gooch.

Shoot from distance. That's the trick against us.

Funny you should say that. :lol:

You're an Everton fan, am I wrong? I don't feel like I'm wrong here.

If England don't win the World Cup we should all sue Terry Venables, Harry Redknapp, Ian Wright and The Sun.

EDIT:

Dunno like, Khodeira hasn't done anything out of the ordinary and he is his replacement.

Nah they'd have gone with this all along I think, just take out Khedira and slot Ballack in.

Told you about Ozil, he's just so classy.

Not been marked like which helps. Looked very assured though. Living up to the hype so far.

Oh aye he's being gifted that space in between the defence and midfield - but so far he's taking advantage of it.

Bit laughable yeah. One of the best qualifying campaigns out of any nation & we're rubbish because of a draw with the USA.

I don't get it, we put in a good shift. We were America's final, they won't up their game against Algeria or Slovenia like they did against us.

Australia are doing their best right now to make Germany look good, they have been shocking.

It's just the huge difference in the way the teams go about their play. Even if this game were still 0 - 0 the qulaity of play from Germany is just miles ahead of anything England was doing yesterday. I have no doubt that Germany would produce this type of football against USA too. England might also be winning this game 2 - o if it were them bu it would have been disjointed and unimpressive. Germany just look miles more confident and sure of themselves and what they are trying to do.

I was getting at the fact you were saying the trick against your lot is to shoot from range. :coolsmiley:

Guest Stephen927

Germany play the better football, but if we were to meet them in the second round there would be no clear favourite like some would have you believe.

After their qualifying campaign, I don't know how anybody can say Argentina are better than England. Spain and Brazil are the only teams in this competition who are miles ahead of England.

EDIT:

Nah don't think so. Ballack isn't so much of his old barnstorming self these days for Jormany.

I was getting at the fact you were saying the trick against your lot is to shoot from range. :coolsmiley:

I think it is, tbh. Defenders sort of have their shit together in the box, but right outside is a lawless wasteland sometimes. It's not as if England and USA are going to meet up again, though.

Germany play the better football, but if we were to meet them in the second round there would be no clear favourite like some would have you believe.

After their qualifying campaign, I don't know how anybody can say Argentina are better than England. Spain and Brazil are the only teams in this competition who are miles ahead of England.

Better opposition in the South American qualifiers tbh, also think people are underestimating Maradona as a manager just because of some press conference antics and so on.

And England only sound like world beaters because of how popular the PL is all over the world, you have heard of all of England's players. But that doesn't mean they're automatically better than the ones in the Bundesliga for instance.

You have the players on paper to do really well, but you're not a team. Like Newcastle in the relegation season.

I think it is, tbh. Defenders sort of have their shit together in the box, but right outside is a lawless wasteland sometimes. It's not as if England and USA are going to meet up again, though.

Oh we'll meet up. Next time, it's personal. Like, really, really personal.

Is the difference some people referring to really going to be made in the form of gareth fooking barry?

I think England were very unlucky yesterday, because Heskey on the whole ended up playing better than most, and also Milner and SWP were awful on the left.

Pretty much sets things up perfectly for Capello to resort to keeping Heskey upfront, shunting Gerrard out left and playing Barry in the centre with Lampard.

With the excellent performances Rooney had at Man U upfront alone. I find it extraordinary that the same hasn't been tried for England, with Barry holding and Gerrard and Lampard behind Rooney. Capello has showed no evidence that he has even considered this. Not a good sign at all. I feel that setup would bring the best football from England.

On paper, you are right.  But realistically, I can't see us beating Germany when it matters.  Absolutely vital that we thump Algeria and Slovenia by a wide margin and leave the Yanks to deal with it. 

Does qualifying play that much of a part in how the actual tournament pans out though?

Does qualifying play that much of a part in how the actual tournament pans out though?

Example soon to be illustrated: Holland.