Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He just smashed it towards goal, no real purpose about it IMO.

does that sound silly to anyone else ?

What I meant was that I simply don't believe he intended to hit it inside the goalkeeper and swerve it in at the far post. He just hammered it towards goal and it turned out well. Great strike of course, and I'm not denying the quality of the goal but I can't buy that he knew that was going to happen.

If he's going for goal, what do you think he expects to happen like? :lol:

Deflection, OG, anything.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

ALERT: The Korean fans are actors! :frantic:

Camera needs to pan across them, if they are actors then Alan Dale will be in there somewhere.

:laugh:

What I meant was that I simply don't believe he intended to hit it inside the goalkeeper and swerve it in at the far post. He just hammered it towards goal and it turned out well. Great strike of course, and I'm not denying the quality of the goal but I can't buy that he knew that was going to happen.

and surely smashing it towards goal accounts for most goals.

Deflection, OG, anything.

It's a bit of an each-way bet, true enough, but his primary objective is to score direct surely?

Feel a bit gutted for North Korea, they battled valiantly for 45mins.

The risk you run with their style of play, sometimes your body just can't defend and close down like that for 90 minutes.

They've hardly been that defensive.  I've seen much, much worse.  They've played good football as well, one passage was better than anything Brazil have done.

Apologies, a flat back five is cutting edge attacking football these days.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU WANT THEM TO PLAY AGAINST BRAZIL, MAN?

Being a neutral fan - I just want to see teams give it a go, they've quite clearly got some decent players. I can totally understand why they are doing it and so far it is working, it's just not creating a good spectacle for people. It's not just the World Cup either, the Premiership is exactly the same. There's far too much at stake now for teams, the game has unfortunately moved away from the beautiful side of which it gained its reputation.  :undecided:

You can thank Mr Mourinho quite a lot for that IMO.

They've hardly been that defensive.  I've seen much, much worse.  They've played good football as well, one passage was better than anything Brazil have done.

Apologies, a flat back five is cutting edge attacking football these days.

HOW THE f*** DO YOU WANT THEM TO PLAY AGAINST BRAZIL, MAN?

Being a neutral fan - I just want to see teams give it a go, they've quite clearly got some decent players. I can totally understand why they are doing it and so far it is working, it's just not creating a good spectacle for people. It's not just the World Cup either, the Premiership is exactly the same. There's far too much at stake now for teams, the game has unfortunately moved away from the beautiful side of which it gained its reputation.  :undecided:

You can thank Mr Mourinho quite a lot for that IMO.

The press conferences are entertaining though.