Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Dropping Rooney isn't the answer like. It's obvious it's that the system isn't suited to our best player, that's pretty much all the energy I have to say. I'm going to bed.

It's pretty much just what you've been saying for years now. Lampard and Gerrard don't work. You're pretty much playing with 10 men when two of them are trying to do the same thing.

Lennon off for SWP was a lateral move, imo.

Defoe on was good, but I don't understand why he didn't start. Rooney has been awful, so sit him, start Defoe and Crouch up front. Cole, Lampard, Barry and Lennon in the midfield. You've got three people that play together on Spurs, and two that play together on Chelsea. Maybe they'll be able to string together a pass or two.

Dropping Rooney isn't the answer like. It's obvious it's that the system isn't suited to our best player, that's pretty much all the energy I have to say. I'm going to bed.

Agree

Why do our players have zero close control? Our skill and technique on the ball is beyond woeful.

Because power and pace is what is looked for at youth level not technique.

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the fucking system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

21:37 Commentary  

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but Wayne Rooney saying in the week England could beat Algeria by not playing at their best, and Steven Gerrard just now saying "that was Algeria's World Cup final" - don't both of those statements smack of arrogance? England's World Cup final might take place against Slovenia in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday at 1500 BST.

England has been arrogant about this since November, or December. Since the draw, whenever that was.

Guest toonlass

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the fucking system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

:clap:

Has Rooney ever looked less interested?

I can't believe Gareth Barry is escaping criticism here.  He was just as bad as Lampard or Gerrard, and probably worse since he gave up the ball in his own half.  He was woeful. 

Who can you replace him with? Team looks as if it was built to play only one way.

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the f***ing system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

:clap:

Has Rooney ever looked less interested?

Do they really think that if we'd played 4-4-1-1 or whatever tonight, it'd have been any different? The players showed no spirit, Lampard and Rooney didn't care, Carragher and SWP weren't good enough.

21:37 Commentary  

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but Wayne Rooney saying in the week England could beat Algeria by not playing at their best, and Steven Gerrard just now saying "that was Algeria's World Cup final" - don't both of those statements smack of arrogance? England's World Cup final might take place against Slovenia in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday at 1500 BST.

England's Press have been arrogant about this since November, or December. Since the draw, whenever that was.

Changed for truth.

I can't believe Gareth Barry is escaping criticism here.  He was just as bad as Lampard or Gerrard, and probably worse since he gave up the ball in his own half.  He was woeful. 

He was poor but you expect a lot, lot more from Lampard and Gerrard. They are two of the best midfielders in the world but very rarely seem to do it for England.

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the f***ing system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

Although I agree that many of the players have looked like they couldn't give a shit, if we had played 4-5-1 in both games, I think we would have 6 points.

Why do our players have zero close control? Our skill and technique on the ball is beyond woeful.

i agree. british players do have worse technique than others. in some ways Aus and the US also suffer from this problem due to the huge amount of shite ex-pat british coaches who go over there cos they aren't good enough to make a career over here.

He's not playing like the player he claims to be, system or not, he's lucky that his reputation will garauntee him a place in the next match. He's got to start playing like he play for Manure.

Although I agree that many of the players have looked like they couldn't give a s***, if we had played 4-5-1 in both games, I think we would have 6 points.

Rubbish man - it's exactly the same players! They don't give a fuck - therein lies the problem.

I disagree because I think Gareth Barry was left with 0 options by the team. He took the ball in the DM position, and absolutely no-one was showing for it. Fucking awful.

Agree with this - I didn't think Barry was too bad, all things considered (fitness etc).

The players were very poor but the systems not right either so a combination of the two caused tonight imho.

Something is definitely not right behind the scenes though and when the players are back on English soil and Capellos history it will come out.

i agree. british players do have worse technique than others. in some ways Aus and the US also suffer from this problem due to the huge amount of shite ex-pat british coaches who go over there cos they aren't good enough to make a career over here.

That's a bit harsh on Macca like.

You know, I was just an 8 year old kid sitting two feet away from the screen bawling my eyes out as England lost on pens to West Germany in 1990, my earliest football memory; what I wouldnt give to have that team playing on our behalf this year.  :weep:

Guest toonlass

It's criminal the lack of minutes so far for J Cole and Crouch. Really beginning to dislike Capello, he needs to grow a pair and drop a couple of big names in the next game.

Why take them to South Africa if they are not going to get a go. It is obvious that there is something not working, Capello needs to change something for the next game or it will be England's last at this World cup!