Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zonal Marking (http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/19/england-0-0-algeria-tactics/) making a case for playing Carrick.

Disappointingly, Capello had a warning about this three months ago. England’s friendly against Egypt at Wembley saw them playing a North African side that used a 3-4-2-1 formation. They had less possession of the ball and were deservedly 0-1 down at half-time, when Michael Carrick came on and was by far the best player on the pitch. He transformed the game, resulting in a 3-1 England win – he would have been perfect tonight.

The case for Carrick’s inclusion has been argued on this site before and doesn’t need to be repeated, but some quotes from Xabi Alonso this week made for interesting reading:

“John Terry, Stevie Gerrard and Wayne Rooney are the obvious names when you think of the important players for England…if they are on top of their game and if Carrick plays, because for me he is a top player, then England will have a chance. If Carrick plays for the national team the way that he does for Manchester United, then it would be very good news for England. I think that he could easily fit in the Spanish system because I really like the way he plays. He reads the game so well, he is always ahead of what is going to happen and he is always in the right position. When he gets the ball, he plays it easy and he is available to his team-mates all the time. For me, he has the profile to play for Barcelona or any of the Spanish teams. He would also be very complimentary to Stevie.”

England plainly can’t even vaguely control a game with two central midfielders – so there’s a need for a third, and that third man is Carrick. He is alarmingly off-form at club level, but should that matter if the player is being brought in to play a specific role in the side to bring the best out of others? Capello clearly doesn’t think so, considering Heskey’s place in the side.

The team could do with a bit of Wallsend in it.

Zonal Marking (http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/19/england-0-0-algeria-tactics/) making a case for playing Carrick.

Disappointingly, Capello had a warning about this three months ago. England’s friendly against Egypt at Wembley saw them playing a North African side that used a 3-4-2-1 formation. They had less possession of the ball and were deservedly 0-1 down at half-time, when Michael Carrick came on and was by far the best player on the pitch. He transformed the game, resulting in a 3-1 England win – he would have been perfect tonight.

The case for Carrick’s inclusion has been argued on this site before and doesn’t need to be repeated, but some quotes from Xabi Alonso this week made for interesting reading:

“John Terry, Stevie Gerrard and Wayne Rooney are the obvious names when you think of the important players for England…if they are on top of their game and if Carrick plays, because for me he is a top player, then England will have a chance. If Carrick plays for the national team the way that he does for Manchester United, then it would be very good news for England. I think that he could easily fit in the Spanish system because I really like the way he plays. He reads the game so well, he is always ahead of what is going to happen and he is always in the right position. When he gets the ball, he plays it easy and he is available to his team-mates all the time. For me, he has the profile to play for Barcelona or any of the Spanish teams. He would also be very complimentary to Stevie.”

England plainly can’t even vaguely control a game with two central midfielders – so there’s a need for a third, and that third man is Carrick. He is alarmingly off-form at club level, but should that matter if the player is being brought in to play a specific role in the side to bring the best out of others? Capello clearly doesn’t think so, considering Heskey’s place in the side.

--------Rooney----------

J.Cole-Lampard-Gerrard

----Barry---Carrick------

A.Cole-Terry-Upson-Glen

---------James-----------

:pow:

Either that or we throw in Milner as a Maradona/Jonas style wing back for laughs.

--------Rooney----------

J.Cole-Lampard-Gerrard

A.Cole-Terry-Upson-Glen

Either that or we throw in Milner as a Maradona/Jonas style wing back for laughs.

:no:

Yet again, this ignores the fact that no one wanted the ball, control it when they received it or use it to any great effect.

Yet again, this ignores the fact that no one wanted the ball, control it when they received it or use it to any great effect.

It's just confusing really. These aren't the finer details we're talking about, it is the fundamental ability to pass, control, and move. It's honestly frightening.

Pleasure to watch Ghana with their free flowing football, players taking on players, no fear of having a shot from range.. all good except they tend to go to sleep at the back from time to time.

I too have enjoyed watching Ghana, North Korea strangely enough is another who I'm looking forward to watching again and Chile...

Chile were excellent as well.

--------Rooney----------

J.Cole-Lampard-Gerrard

A.Cole-Terry-Upson-Glen

---------James-----------

Would love to see that line up. I wont be suprised atall to see us start with the exact same team as the last couple games though. Depends how much Capello believes our problem is in our mentality, moreso than anything being wrong with the system thats been reasonably sucessful for us up till the world cup.

It's just confusing really. These aren't the finer details we're talking about, it is the fundamental ability to pass, control, and move. It's honestly frightening.

I know everyone wanks on about the ball. I have endlessly. But our overhit crosses were shocking. Gerrard tested the goalkeeper in the first few minutes, when trying to loop over a cross for Heskey who i dont think had even made it into the area yet. Now thats not normal. I cant remember seeing Gerrard hit a pass that bad for liverpool in a long long time. Then you have the cutback for lampard that was awful.

Let alone the two shots he had in the same half that would still have gone over had there been 8 goals stacked on top of one another. The shots that we kept down had no power behind them atall.

Seems to me the pitch/ball is one of the reasons we cant control it. Lampard twice had chances in the area...the one he caused a save from & one from a corner. Where he just misjudged the bounce & it ended up behind him.

These are to many coincidences. They dont seem able to handle the ball well. Far worse so than they did against USA even.

Republica Del Mundial!  The Mexican channel girls are back!  The best part of this World Cup by a mile. 

:lol: I couldn't f***ing wait for the game to end.

Germany is now Mexico, Mexico is Paraguay, and Mexico is Team USA.  You must be thrilled Mike.

:lol: Mexico is perfect, man. USA top just makes it seem excessive. Paraguay top nice on Argentina, though. Still. Mexico, man. :smitten:

Get some picures and video's up! VAMOS!

There should only be one of either Lampard or Gerrard out there.

If we are playing with two strikers then I agree.  But you can accommodate both of them if you have Carrick & Barry on defensive duty, and three attacking midfielders + Rooney.  On paper, that is the best England XI I think.  In reality, they will turn into five Nicky Butts so you might be better off sticking with a 4-4-2.  :sadnod:

Republica Del Mundial!  The Mexican channel girls are back!  The best part of this World Cup by a mile. 

Germany is now Mexico, Mexico is Paraguay, and Mexico is Team USA.  You must be thrilled Mike.

:lol: Mexico is perfect, man. USA top just makes it seem excessive. Paraguay top nice on Argentina, though. Still. Mexico, man. :smitten:

:lol: The fan in the white shirt has them all beat, I think. She might be 17, though. So I feel bad.

:lol: The fan in the white shirt has them all beat, I think. She might be 17, though. So I feel bad.

If there's grass on the wicket....

http://leighsseeds.com/pedo-bear-cake.jpg

The security on this show has be to all ex special forces or something. I've never seen Spanish men so well behaved while surrounded by beautiful women. There must be like, AK's on the other side of the cameras. The only one acting appropriately is the headcase host.

It can't be like this in the offices, Village.

The security on this show has be to all ex special forces or something. I've never seen Spanish men so well behaved while surrounded by beautiful women. There must be like, AK's on the other side of the cameras. The only one acting appropriately is the headcase host.

Even the people at the offices are like super-hot, felt like an untermensch during my time there.

Did you see her, Chicago?

Are we talking about this Argentina girl on the right?  I'm still not sure anyone beats Paraguay. 

:lol: She's got a glitter USA shirt on.

The producers of the show, man. They are A++. They saw her in the crowd, took her in the back, cut her shirt in half and put her behind the main girls. Guarantee you'll see her. Brunette with her hair on the side.

Even the people at the offices are like super-hot, felt like an untermensch during my time there.

:lol: What an outstanding organization.