Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Look at Stuart Hall's bitty about the S. Africa/France game from the RT:

Hello folks. It's the Frank Ribery show. I want the French winger in my team, as I've said before, but I want South Africa to win. I once went to the townships in Cape Town. Not a place for tourists, usually, but I like to poke my nose into places it shouldn't be. My reception was hostile. I was ordered first to the witch doctor, who pronounced me half-dead. The cure was concocted from ravens' wings, tigers' teeth, crocodile fingers, iron filings and mercury. I left five pounds lighter and gave my bottle to the first patient in the queue outside. Which made him happy but not as happy as the rest when I dispensed 200 Silk Cut. I was instantly invited to their homes and listened to stories of the miracles Mandela would perform. The day passed, happiness mixed with misery. As I left, I observed a knackered Ford Cortina with the sign "We'll Never Walk Alone". I stopped the car by battering on its roof. The passengers were terrified by this insane daytripper. I embraced them - Liverpool FC supporters. I gave them my last fags, a handful of rand and a blessing. They can't afford a ticket, so, for them, the hand of victory, not the hand of Henry.

So what's the craic with Spain's group? If Switzerland win by two does that mean they're guaranteed to go through?

Aye, because then if Spain beat Chile by even just 1 goal, Chile's goal difference becomes inferior. If Chile/Spain draw or if Chile beat Spain then Switzerland would still qualify.

So what's the craic with Spain's group? If Switzerland win by two does that mean they're guaranteed to go through?

Aye, because then if Spain beat Chile by even just 1 goal, Chile's goal difference becomes inferior. If Chile/Spain draw or if Chile beat Spain then Switzerland would still qualify.

Looking dodgy for Chile then which is a shame.

Well, Brazil will probably be resting players so Portugal have a chance. I wouldn't have thought Portugal could beat even an under-strength Brazil team, if it wasn't for such a convincing display yesterday.

Guest chris

just got a feeling they will beat em 1-0 .

but i think there will be a lot of canceling each other out

If they won a game each then E could be used to determine who had the aggregate win. But that would be E and F wouldn't be needed.

If England won 2-0 and lost 0-2 then E wouldn't apply. I think rule F is written badly, I believe it means ALL goals scored in ALL games (not just head to head).

Isn't that C? :lol:

If they won a game each then E could be used to determine who had the aggregate win. But that would be E and F wouldn't be needed.

If England won 2-0 and lost 0-2 then E wouldn't apply. I think rule F is written badly, I believe it means ALL goals scored in ALL games (not just head to head).

My reading is the last three clauses apply for when there are three teams who have equal points.

Isn't that C? :lol:

Nah, man. Not goal difference just total goals scored by the team in all group games. Which seems harsh, really.

Sorry if discussed but what happens if we draw 2-2 and USA draw 0-0?

Someone in the pub last night said it goes to drawing lots. Suppose theres no real fair way of deciding by shots/cards etc so could be true

Its correct mate.

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;

b) goal difference in all group matches;

c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria,

their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the

teams concerned;

e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams

concerned;

f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams

concerned;

g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

Does this clear it up?

1.goal difference in all group matches (applies in WC)

2.greater number of goals scored in all group matches (applies in WC)

3.greater number of points obtained in matches between the tied teams

4.goal difference in matches between the tied teams

5.greater number of goals scored in matches between the tied teams

6.drawing of lots (applies in WC), or a play-off (if approved by FIFA)

We're in 2010, yet something as important as getting to round 2 is determined by drawing lots? Thats absolutely shocking tbh. Surely they could use fair play records, world rankings or their record against the 1st placed team. Drawing lots is disgraceful.

By the way, what scenario would see Spain finish 1st and Chile 2nd (assuming Switzerland beat Honduras)?