Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Cole has really been built up to be something he's not from this spell out of the team. Good player undoubtedly, but hasn't created much at all in an England shirt throughout the years, other than the odd friendly here and there.

Capello is spot on to drop him imo - looks like he's seen through the reputation, as Cole isn't what he was when he left West Ham/initially joined Chelsea.

Couldn't agree more, to be honest. Found the Cole obsession rather bizarre. Although I do agree with Kid Icarus that he was a highlight in the last world cup, but that was 4 years ago. Hardly a reason to be given the benefit of the doubt this time round.  And he wasn't actually that good, to be fair.

Joe Cole has really been built up to be something he's not from this spell out of the team. Good player undoubtedly, but hasn't created much at all in an England shirt throughout the years, other than the odd friendly here and there.

Capello is spot on to drop him imo - looks like he's seen through the reputation, as Cole isn't what he was when he left West Ham/initially joined Chelsea.

Couldn't agree more, to be honest.  Found the Cole obsession rather bizarre.  Although I do agree with Kid Icarus that he was a highlight in the last world cup, but that was 4 years ago.  Hardly a reason to be given the benefit of the doubt this time round.  And he wasn't actually that good, to be fair.

all well and good, and i'd agree if capello had found something different to do but he didn't - it's all well and good being smart enough to see that jcole isn't your answer...the point is being able to see what IS your answer

Couldn't agree more, to be honest. Found the Cole obsession rather bizarre. Although I do agree with Kid Icarus that he was a highlight in the last world cup, but that was 4 years ago. Hardly a reason to be given the benefit of the doubt this time round. And he wasn't actually that good, to be fair.

all well and good, and i'd agree if capello had found something different to do but he didn't - it's all well and good being smart enough to see that jcole isn't your answer...the point is being able to see what IS your answer

Well, we won, didn't we?  Today was just about getting a win, it did not have to be pretty.

People were clutching at straws because of our poor touch and passing: something Joe Cole has never had a problem with. Thing is: it was never a technique problem, just one of confidence.

Couldn't agree more, to be honest.  Found the Cole obsession rather bizarre.  Although I do agree with Kid Icarus that he was a highlight in the last world cup, but that was 4 years ago.  Hardly a reason to be given the benefit of the doubt this time round.  And he wasn't actually that good, to be fair.

Well, we won, didn't we?  Today was just about getting a win, it did not have to be pretty.

none of those quotes were "today" specific

agree today was about the win, but wins like that HAVE to be the watershed in events - capello HAS to realise where he went wrong and what is required to go right immediately or it's over before it's begun

People were clutching at straws because of our poor touch and passing: something Joe Cole has never had a problem with. Thing is: it was never a technique problem, just one of confidence.

Exactly.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Cole played, like, a handful of games this year?  He's a good player, but he's hardly one of those players you take a gamble on even if he is only 75% fit. 

Delighted with the win, and knowing we'll probably play Germany will, or should, more than focus the players minds.

agree today was about the win, but wins like that HAVE to be the watershed in events - capello HAS to realise where he went wrong and what is required to go right immediately or it's over before it's begun

Don't see where our points are different here like.  Just merely saying everyone seemed to make out we could only win with Cole.  In fact, there were plenty that seemed more than appalled, prior to the game, that Milner was set to be in ahead of Cole. 

Don't see where our points are different here like.  Just merely saying everyone seemed to make out we could only win with Cole.  In fact, there were plenty that seemed more than appalled, prior to the game, that Milner was set to be in ahead of Cole. 

I think people would've been (rightly) upset if Heskey had started again as well.  Cole (or a healthy Milner), Defoe, Barry or Carrick, James in goal. Good changes from the team picked against the US.

On SSN live score centre it says that as things stand Germany will move down a place into 3rd despite having a better goal difference and the scores both being 0-0. A f*** up surely?

Aye. Germany have a +3 GD whilst Serbia's is 0.

Guest BooBoo

SSN probably think that teams with equal points get settled firstly by the result between the two teams.