Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Totti shouldn't have been called up anyway, he played no part in qualifiers or even the confederation cup, to do that would be a slap in the face to a player who'd earned the side the place.

Either way the tactics were all wrong.

And as a result they've all slapped each other and their country in the face, hard.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm just trying to think, as I noticed the Italian team had no black players; are there any black Italian Footballers? Or is Lippi a racist pig?

Balotelli of Inter Milan.

And thats about it isn't it? How strange.  :undecided:

None in the Slovakia side either. Or New Zealand. Or Australia. Or Slovenia. Or Spain. Or Greece. Or Denmark. Racist bastards.

No, but they have them in their top divisions. When I tried to think of them in Seria-A, I couldn't apart from Balotelli. Italy is a central/southern europe country so will have a lot of immigration from African nations (at least you'd think). Where as New Zealand is isolated and their Samoan/Hakar natives tend to play Rugby, same as Australia.

They all sell bags on the street, not play top-division football.

Think its time I bought Calcio: A History of Italian Football, Italian Football has just totally mystified me. I watched it as a kid on Channel4, but never realised it was so inhouse and behind the times infrastructure wise - let alone tactics wise.

Deserve it for not calling up Totti, Cassano or Balotelli and relying on players who are clearly past it.

fyp

I don't believe for one second that Francesco Totti wouldn't have improved that insipid rubbish.

This is true tbh.

My main gripe, and I said it on here from the moment the squad was announced - was the fact that Lippi was sticking with his usual Juve bias and calling up players who haven't performed in years. Starting with the likes of Iaquinta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Gattuso etc was always going to end in disaster.

Deserve it for not calling up Totti, Cassano or Balotelli and relying on players who are clearly past it.

fyp

I don't believe for one second that Francesco Totti wouldn't have improved that insipid rubbish.

Cassano has retired from international football for the time being. He was getting married this summer and refused to be available from what I heard.

I never mentioned Cassano. :lol:

I'm just trying to think, as I noticed the Italian team had no black players; are there any black Italian Footballers? Or is Lippi a racist pig?

Christian Manfredini was Italian born and went onto play for Ivory Coast once instead.

Race is still a big deal in Italy. It's quite pathetic tbh how archaic they are and how much abuse alot of black footballers get. Balotelli will likely never get a chance for the national team under current attitudes.

Guess the Mafia stereotype is still true at a club level. That's crazy.

It's not just race tbh, Mutu and Ibra in particular have both taken gypsy slurs aswell in the past.

Do they give the Gypsy slurs to Pirlo too?

fyp

Cassano has retired from international football for the time being. He was getting married this summer and refused to be available from what I heard.

Was meant at Sewelly, who edited your post. :thup:

The one dynamic attacking player they did bring was Quagliarella and they didn't play him until today. Also, should've brought in Rossi. Lipi might've won them the last World Cup, but his stubbornness lost them it this year.

Guest firetotheworks

Totti shouldn't have been called up anyway, he played no part in qualifiers or even the confederation cup, to do that would be a slap in the face to a player who'd earned the side the place.

The alternative is finishing bottom, below New Zealand. Obviously you know that, but if Totti was available he should have been taken, the 45 minutes of hindsight that we have has shown that. Maybe they still wouldn't have qualified, but he'd have improved that side. The forward line was shocking.

None in the Slovakia side either. Or New Zealand. Or Australia. Or Slovenia. Or Spain. Or Greece. Or Denmark. Racist bastards.

No, but they have them in their top divisions. When I tried to think of them in Seria-A, I couldn't apart from Balotelli. Italy is a central/southern europe country so will have a lot of immigration from African nations (at least you'd think). Where as New Zealand is isolated and their Samoan/Hakar natives tend to play Rugby, same as Australia.

They all sell bags on the street, not play top-division football.

Think its time I bought Calcio: A History of Italian Football, Italian Football has just totally mystified me. I watched it as a kid on Channel4, but never realised it was so inhouse and behind the times infrastructure wise - let alone tactics wise.

I have this book and haven't started reading it yet.

I recomend you read 'A Season with Verona' aswell. About an English bloke who follows Verona around for a season in away and home games. They're netoriously some of the most xenophobic fans and it gives a real insight into the mindset of Italian football.

fyp

Was meant at Sewelly, who edited your post. :thup:

It's true Cassano said that, but it was only after Lippi made it very clear he wasn't getting a call up. Lippi has never liked Cassano and throughout all of last season there was a big media and fan campaign all across Italy to call him up. He was never given the chance because of his past indescrepencies, and hence when it became clear he wasn't gonna go he 'retired' and then planned a wedding date during the World Cup out of spite. He's already said he looks forward to playing once Prandelli is the new manager...

Either way the tactics were all wrong.

England did it with Carragher.

Hope Japan do Denmark tonight, should be a decent game.

They certainly have the team to grind out a draw, that's all they need to get through. I can see Japan winning 2-1, gonna be an exciting one.

Guest firetotheworks

The general Japanese disinterest in the World Cup kind of makes me want them to go out.

As a side note. ITV4 is absolutely horrible quality. Feels like I'm watching a match in the 1980's.

It's absolutely terrible isn't it. Watching it on any decent sized TV and it's like a flipping dodgy internet stream.