Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not bad for being our fifth line team sport. :thup:

Aye, but sadly it's the only one that isn't played almost exclusively by Americans.

:nope:

Good luck in the tourney, England.

And you can fuck off. I was right behind you in that match and you let me down. Never again, Michael. Never.

I told them to win it for Keef, they replied with some salty language about a jacket and such and such is a traitor to his personality group. It all got very ugly, man.

Those compartmentalising motherfuckers.

I apologize on their behalf, man. Stress from the match and all that.

For a team that is easily 50% very average players, the States do very well, tbh.

Yeah, i agree i think it gives us (Newcastle) hope for next season because if a team has the right attitude they can do very well.

@ summerof69 & Keefaz,

Yes and yes.

At least we can now put together a few passes and attempt to take the game to the opposition. It was painful, really, really painful watching the US play in 90, 94, and 98. Truly awful. Getting there slowly.

It's much easier to develop your basketball skills in American than your football skills. They've got rims every where and street ball exists in every city. It's just like the Brazilians and how the kids play football on the streets. Any good, athletic American kid is drafted into his JV/Varsity basketball/american football teams and that's it, there's no chance to develop them into a good footballer. I also think the fact that they've got to be drafted and shit, and thus not allowing professional teams to develop their own talent from a young age (like 12 or 13, like it is in Europe) means the quality of the players is much lower than you'd expect from a country with such a large population and good sporting infrastructure.

Not exactly upset we're out, we didn't deserve to go any farther considering our defense. Just upset it's over, the last four years I've been waiting for this, sucks to have it end. Not time to fallback on Newcastle.

Fuck.

eh

Baseball season again!

Ha, right. Tigers won't beat out Minnesota for the division, and no way anyone out of the AL East gets the wild card spot.

Is El Tel doing a s*** Sinatra impression supposed to make me want to buy The Sun?

It's supposed to persuade you we're going to win the World Cup :lol:

:lol: And even then the most positive tagline they could come up with was 'Maybe.  Just maybe'.  Should be updating it throughout - at this point it should be 'f*** no, never.  Maybe if all the other teams die'.

That would be class :lol:

"England winning the World Cup? Maybe....maybe if all the other teams die...The Sun."

:lol:

You're a Tigers fan? :lol: tough life

Lions fan too. My whole fucking sporting life sucks.

On top of that, I live in Detroit.

Great stuff.

:lol:

At least you support your local teams. Not the fucking Yankees and Cowboys.

Nothing wrong with being a Yankees fan!

Looking forward to all the links about how America instantly loses its skin-deep interest in the World Cup.

We'll lose a lot, but there will be some new fans. It's a slow growth.

Is El Tel doing a s*** Sinatra impression supposed to make me want to buy The Sun?

Isn't it more of an Elvis impression ? Considering it is a cover of an Elvis song .

Maybe if he was wearing a white suit.

You are right, and if i'm honest i also thought it was a Sinatra cover before i found out it was an Elvis song.

Looking forward to all the links about how America instantly loses its skin-deep interest in the World Cup.

We'll lose a lot, but there will be some new fans. It's a slow growth.

I agree. You'll lose some of the casuals who are there in bars once every four years, but you'll have the hearts of all the young kids who saw Donovan's last minute winner, and they'll grow up to be real fans in the next decade.