Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree with the need for replay, dude. But bad decisions happen all the time in football, even at the highest levels. I mean, Barca were in the CL final last year thanks to a ref who missed four legitimate penalty claims by Chelsea. There's a bad offside decision every week in the Premiership, La Liga etc., so it's just expected. A replay would really help but a couple of bad decisions doesn't ruin a WC.

It's crazy that some asshole with a flag can destroy four years of preparation with his incompetence, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Exactly. FIFA's constant ramming of their FIFA FAIR PLAY stuff makes me more and more sick with every year. Fucking hypocrites.

Horrible decision, but let's face it, it ain't the first in a WC and won't be the last.

I've still really enjoyed this WC, especially everything after the first round of group games, like I have every other WC before. We've had some shocks, some big teams knocked out, some quality goals, some drama, lots of cards and now lots of goals. It's just a typical WC, imo.

:lol: You wait until Thailand gets there and gets f***ed over.

It's completely different when it's your team, man. I mean, I'm not hurt by this Mexico call, but I can imagine how the Mexicans feel. It's crazy that some asshole with a flag can destroy four years of preparation with his incompetence, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Surely players make mistakes as well though? Is it so different than an asshole in a USA shirt or an asshole in an Argentina shirt destorying a cup with incompetence?

Horrible decision, but let's face it, it ain't the first in a WC and won't be the last.

I've still really enjoyed this WC, especially everything after the first round of group games, like I have every other WC before. We've had some shocks, some big teams knocked out, some quality goals, some drama, lots of cards and now lots of goals. It's just a typical WC, imo.

It's completely different when it's your team, man. I mean, I'm not hurt by this Mexico call, but I can imagine how the Mexicans feel. It's crazy that some asshole with a flag can destroy four years of preparation with his incompetence, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Surely players make mistakes as well though? Is it so different than an asshole in a USA shirt or an asshole in an Argentina shirt destorying a cup with incompetence?

Yes. Obviously.

Still don't understand how every single one of the officials missed the Lampard goal. The goalkeeper can't possibly have been obscuring the view of all four (or is it five?) of them.

I agree with the need for replay, dude. But bad decisions happen all the time in football, even at the highest levels. I mean, Barca were in the CL final last year thanks to a ref who missed four legitimate penalty claims by Chelsea. There's a bad offside decision every week in the Premiership, La Liga etc., so it's just expected. A replay would really help but a couple of bad decisions doesn't ruin a WC.

I have to disagree there.

You can take that asshole off the field, man.

Still don't understand how every single one of the officials missed the Lampard goal. The goalkeeper can't possibly have been obscuring the view of all four (or is it five?) of them.

Plus all the pissed as fuck people in a pub watching it on a sun affected projection, and even Capello who was about double the distance away than the ref and linesman.

Yes. Obviously.

So we expect imperfect players but perfect referees? It's not possible. Either we have video replays for every decision or we accept human error.

Plus all the pissed as fuck people in a pub watching it on a sun affected projection, and even Capello who was about double the distance away than the ref and linesman.

And wearing big ass old lady glasses.

Was the '86 WC ruined by the hand of God?

Was the '06 WC ruined by Grosso diving to win a penalty for 10-man Italy to beat the Aussies?

etc. etc.

In time, these mistakes fade into the background because a football match is 90 minutes long; if a team's good enough they usually show it.

Was the '06 WC ruined by Grosso diving to win a penalty for 10-man Italy to beat the Aussies?

etc. etc.

In time, these mistakes fade into the background because a football match is 90 minutes long; if a team's good enough they usually show it.

:lol: You might get a hell of a response to that first question.

And Italy ruin everything.

etc. etc.

Yet both those teams needed those two decisive incidents to go their way in order to win.