Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>> Klose

Glad the fat one will keep the record to be frank.

It's a victory for inspiration over perspiration.

Shite.  Maybe if Ronaldo had more perspiration he'd have been in a position to extend his record further rather than settle into his decline towards being a fat fucking tranny-loving waster (who's a millionairre granted).

No time for the Germans per se but fair play to Klose - it's similar to when Lineker came close to beating Charlton's record for England; he was a limited player but if he had of broken it he'd have deserved it simple as that.

As it happens if Klose is out I'm happy for my bets but if I had nowt riding on it I'd have been rooting for the lad.

Line ups for tonight:

Uruguay: 1-Fernando Muslera; 2-Diego Lugano, 3-Diego Godin, 4-Jorge Fucile, 16-Maximiliano Pereira, 15-Diego Perez, 17-Egidio Arevalo, 7-Edinson Cavani, 22-Martin Caceres, 9-Luis Suarez, 10-Diego Forlan.

Germany: 22-Hans-Joerg Butt; 2-Marcell Jansen, 3-Arne Friedrich, 17-Per Mertesacker, 20-Jerome Boateng, 13-Thomas Mueller, 4-Dennis Aogo, 6-Sami Khedira, 7-Bastian Schweinsteiger, 19-Cacau, 8-Mesut Ozil.

Referee: Benito Archundia (Mexico).

Well, he (Ronaldo) wasn't any good in 2006. All he did was to stand on the pitch for 60 or so minutes and put the ball in the back of the net. He deserves the record for performances like he had in 98 or in 02. But if you consider 02,06 and 2010, Klose would deserve it as much.

I totally disagree. He's never 'lightened up' a World Cup like Ronaldo has.

Shite.  Maybe if Ronaldo had more perspiration he'd have been in a position to extend his record further rather than settle into his decline towards being a fat fucking tranny-loving waster (who's a millionairre granted).

No time for the Germans per se but fair play to Klose - it's similar to when Lineker came close to beating Charlton's record for England; he was a limited player but if he had of broken it he'd have deserved it simple as that.

As it happens if Klose is out I'm happy for my bets but if I had nowt riding on it I'd have been rooting for the lad.

I think the term I'm looking for is ignorant.

Very smart.  How so?  I think it's fairly well documented that Ronaldo has had fitness (weight) problems for years directly related to how he lives his life off the pitch.  After that knee injury at Inter it was hard for him but look at the player at Barca vs. the player at Real Madrid in terms of his weight.

The guy has/had so much talent but his off the field behaviour contributed to the shortening of his career in the top flight(s) of football.  I fail to see what's ignorant about that.

Very smart.  How so?  I think it's fairly well documented that Ronaldo has had fitness (weight) problems for years directly related to how he lives his life off the pitch.  After that knee injury at Inter it was hard for him but look at the player at Barca vs. the player at Real Madrid in terms of his weight.

The guy has/had so much talent but his off the field behaviour contributed to the shortening of his career in the top flight(s) of football.  I fail to see what's ignorant about that.

I think his depression might have had something to do with that. I could be wrong like.

Ronaldo's had a rather rough life, I think people are just being ignorant in the way "He's a millionare, he have no right to be unhappy!" Some people can't cope as well with fame, money and success and some people just can't cope with successful people having problems.

I think his depression might have had something to do with that. I could be wrong like.

How can a millionaire footballer be depressed?  [/even more ignorant]

to Kaizero and Tooj - i still fail to see how that makes Klose a 'less worthy' record holder than Ronaldo just because Ronaldo was born with more natural talent and had a difficult upbringing/personal problems

my post was facetious, as most of mine are, but the point stands...why the fuck should inspiration beat perspiration?  that's what i was saying

ronaldinho, what's his excuse?  upbringing, dentistry?  what?

i play football, as probably do you, and for me to see the likes of a Klose stick in there and do what he almost achieved would be inspiration in itself

oh and i take it you two are massive defenders of maradona then for all of his transgressions over the years? ticks all the boxes: poor, mental etc.

How can a millionaire footballer be depressed?  [/even more ignorant]

:lol:

to Kaizero and Tooj - i still fail to see how that makes Klose a 'less worthy' record holder than Ronaldo just because Ronaldo was born with more natural talent and had a difficult upbringing/personal problems

my post was facetious, as most of mine are, but the point stands...why the fuck should inspiration beat perspiration?  that's what i was saying

i play football, as probably do you, and for me to see the likes of a Klose stick in there and do what he almost achieved would be inspiration in itself

oh and i take it you two are massive defenders of maradona then for all of his transgressions over the years? ticks all the boxes: poor, mental etc.

Faecesish, you mean? :aww:

Faecesish, you mean? :aww:

well yeah, that too :lol:

I was commenting Tooj's post about him being depressed. Not yours. My apologies for not quoting. :thup:

Though to comment your post, I think Ronaldo deserves it more because how good he was at '98 and '02. Klose to me feels like he's just "been there". Naturally he'd deserve it if he broke it, he'd have broken it after all, but Ronaldo remains in my eyes the greater striker of the two.

I was commenting Tooj's post about him being depressed. Not yours. My apologies for not quoting. :thup:

Though to comment your post, I think Ronaldo deserves it more because how good he was at '98 and '02. Klose to me feels like he's just "been there". Naturally he'd deserve it if he broke it, he'd have broken it after all, but Ronaldo remains in my eyes the greater striker of the two.

he was undoubtedly the more talented of the two but they're both strikers and when all is said and done strikers should be judged by goals scored, little else

if ronaldo ends up on top he's the best, if klose end up with more goals he's been the better striker over his career imo

little mickey owen and fisherman gazza are two examples of english ronaldo's...both have lit up world cups but when all is said and done their names will not appear among the greats, Klose's will

my post was facetious, as most of mine are, but the point stands...why the fuck should inspiration beat perspiration? that's what i was saying

ronaldinho, what's his excuse? upbringing, dentistry? what?

he was undoubtedly the more talented of the two but they're both strikers and when all is said and done strikers should be judged by goals scored, little else

if ronaldo ends up on top he's the best, if klose end up with more goals he's been the better striker over his career imo

little mickey owen and fisherman gazza are two examples of english ronaldo's...both have lit up world cups but when all is said and done their names will not appear among the greats, Klose's will

What else has Klose done like, particularly that Ronaldo hasn't?

What else has Klose done like, particularly that Ronaldo hasn't?

i'm just saying that he'll be 2nd top scorer in WC history (until someone else takes that), not that he's done anything ronaldo hasn't

i'm a limited (shit) player and i fucking love that a Klose type could have taken the record, i love it