Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hand it to them, Casillas tells him to fuck off, when he's out the picture, lift the trophy. Easy.

So it was really Casillas's fault then.

Without a doubt. He was too eager.

Never had much against Casillas to be honest, less hateable Madrid player in some time. Hate the trophies he's won for them but the man has always been classy. Alonso is new so I haven't developed feelings for him yet.

My hate for Ramos was suspended and will be resumed starting today, f***ing c*** :D

Much better question for Real Madrid fans what they think about Spain winning the WC with Barça players scoring every single Spanish goal and making up the spine of the team.

Man, imagine if it had been Raúl lifting that cup instead of Iker  :frantic:

Guest neesy111

Out on interest:

How do people think if the Catalan team was a proper international team, how would they do?

Look at their current squad, not bad isn't it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia_national_football_team

No depth though. Cesc should be in there too, but missed the last squad due to injury.

i think you could say that about many teams including England

Never had much against Casillas to be honest, less hateable Madrid player in some time. Hate the trophies he's won for them but the man has always been classy. Alonso is new so I haven't developed feelings for him yet.

My hate for Ramos was suspended and will be resumed starting today, f***ing c*** :D

Much better question for Real Madrid fans what they think about Spain winning the WC with Barça players scoring every single Spanish goal and making up the spine of the team.

How has this affected the whole Catalan situation? Are those that want autonomy from Spain still celebrating this win? I'm a bit confused about the whole thing tbh, do they consider themselves a completely seperate nation, sort of like Scotland wanting freedom from the UK?

If we ever got a team, we wouldn't be seeded so qualifying for the WC wouldn't be that easy.

This is probably the most potent Catalan team in my lifetime too, not a real mesure of our usual potential. We have never dominated the Spanish NT the way we do it now, one third of the squad was Catalan and we have around one seventh of the Spanish population.

Guest firetotheworks

the whole Catalan thing confuses me a bit. Is it essentially like this in football terms?

Catalonia = England

Spain = Britain

?

How has this affected the whole Catalan situation? Are those that want autonomy from Spain still celebrating this win? I'm a bit confused about the whole thing tbh, do they consider themselves a completely seperate nation, sort of like Scotland wanting freedom from the UK?

Celebrations in Barcelona were smaller than when Barça wins trophies, should tell you something. Support for the Spanish NT in Catalonia has always been small. However, with so many Catalans in the lineup and the spine being Barça's, support is bigger than usual and I think it's something to be proud of. They couldn't have done it without us. Then again this very same week Spanish courts have curtailed our autonomy so a lot of people are quite not feeling like celebrating Spain.

There's a lot of debate around this and it's a messy subject to be frank. Me, I just take the sporting glory and don't care for politics.

the whole Catalan thing confuses me a bit. Is it essentially like this in football terms?

Catalonia = England

Spain = Britain

?

It isn't a country in any legal sense though, is it? I thought it was just a region (in modern times).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10601184.stm

More than 20 million British viewers tuned in to the World Cup final, with the BBC drawing more viewers than ITV.

On BBC1, viewers watching Spain's clash with the Netherlands peaked at 17.9 million, with a 60% share of the audience, figures show.

On ITV, which was also showing the final, figures peaked at 3.8 million, a 13% share of the audience.

lol

Catalonia = England

Spain = Britain

?

Scotland more like. But wouldn't compare UK with Spain, different kind of states. You're sort of a federation and we are not.

More than 20 million British viewers tuned in to the World Cup final, with the BBC drawing more viewers than ITV.

On BBC1, viewers watching Spain's clash with the Netherlands peaked at 17.9 million, with a 60% share of the audience, figures show.

On ITV, which was also showing the final, figures peaked at 3.8 million, a 13% share of the audience.

lol

Says it all.

Just to clarify, there isn't many people in Catalonia that aren't happy that Spain won, but they just won't drap themselves in Spanish flags and go to the streets and yell Viva España!. I don't think I would myself and I'm on the fucking Moon about the win.

Guest neesy111

Just to clarify, there isn't many people in Catalonia that aren't happy that Spain won, but they just won't drap themselves in Spanish flags and go to the streets and yell Viva España!. I don't think I would myself and I'm on the fucking Moon about the win.

so would of their been partying in barca last night, or is that just saved for when you beat your fiercest rivals

lol

;D

A lot of it is down to no adverts tbf  There's obviously more to it for a big chunk of them but no adverts is the main winner IMHO :)

Aye, the missus asked me last night why I was watching it on BBC and not ITV, it was literally seconds after the full time whistle had gone after 90 minutes and I said "Cos I bet ITV have got an ad break on already", switched it over and lo...

Just to clarify, there isn't many people in Catalonia that aren't happy that Spain won, but they just won't drap themselves in Spanish flags and go to the streets and yell Viva España!. I don't think I would myself and I'm on the f***ing Moon about the win.

so would of their been partying in barca last night, or is that just saved for when you beat your fiercest rivals

There was lots of partying, just not in the numbers of a Barça win. The city goes completely nuts when we win a trophy.