Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Already nervous about Friday. We'll f*** around and draw that game.

:sadnod:

These two are just going to get 11 men behind the ball against England and the US.

If we are both as toothless as yesterday, things might get nervy.

Algeria don't have it in them to do that. Slovenia probably do but they could well need to win to progress so might have to come out and attack.

I've never seen Algeria play, as far as I know. This is their normal style?

In the African Cup of Nations defending wasn't their strong point, neither was staying disciplined. Ended up with 8 men against Egypt.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm looking forward to Mark Bright patronising the players that are almost all better than he ever was.

Guest firetotheworks

Algeria are way better than I expected them to be. Quite surprised tbh.

Aye me too. I thought Slovenia would have this quite comfortably.

Reading The Times match report right now:

"Some predicted there would be as many Americans as English in Rustenburg but it was not even close: the flags of St George were splashed around the rim of this bowl-shaped arena name-checking boroughs from Addlestone to Scunthorpe."

Odd, as all the media outlets over here our saying we outnumbered your fans, but didn't drape as many flags and the like around.

Similar to what Keith said - it's not time to panic since we were the better side in the 2nd half by a long shot and the only ones really making an effort to win it, but it's frightening we can't keep the ball against sides like the US. First half it was painful to watch the centre midfield; I never thought I'd say it, but we need Barry back, fast.

Algeria are way better than I expected them to be. Quite surprised tbh.

Aye me too. I thought Slovenia would have this quite comfortably.

I'm still hoping. This Nr. 10 of Slovenia has looked quite good. Counting on him.

"Some predicted there would be as many Americans as English in Rustenburg but it was not even close: the flags of St George were splashed around the rim of this bowl-shaped arena name-checking boroughs from Addlestone to Scunthorpe."

Odd, as all the media outlets over here our saying we outnumbered your fans, but didn't drape as many flags and the like around.

Definitely remember reading that America and England had taken the most fans overall to the tournament.

Could you here the fans last night or was it just vuvuzela noise? Couldn't really tell watching it on the bigscreen in town/being pretty drunk.

You fellows bought more official tickets but were severely outnumbered in reality.

Definitely remember reading that America and England had taken the most fans overall to the tournament.

Could you here the fans last night or was it just vuvuzela noise? Couldn't really tell watching it on the bigscreen in town/being pretty drunk.

I was in the same boat as you, no clue how the fans sounded.

Fair play to Heskey last night, he was your best player by a mile. 

Completely out shone Rooney who was non existant.  I thought the top players were able to change the game single handedly..

Heskey was alright, but when it came to doing what a striker's primarily supposed to do, he predictably failed completely.

Completely out shone Rooney who was non existant.  I thought the top players were able to change the game single handedly..

I think Rooney worked very hard. Was marked out of the game very good, though. But I think England would have won this with 2 or 3 Rooney's.

Well Gerrard was our best player like.

Are you not English? I imagined, despite you fascination of Messi, that you were.

Was there a massive brawl where you were? Or is it just classy English people who need to have a ruck during the game?

Guest neesy111

England's defence against argentina for example wouldn't have a nice outcome! John Terry is a shadow of his former self

Guest firetotheworks

How anyone sees anyone other than Heskey being our best player last night is completely beyond me.

Was there a massive brawl where you were? Or is it just classy English people who need to have a ruck during the game?

There was maybe 3 English people, maybe 40 real USA fans, and a few casual fans. No massive brawls or any exciting things like that.