Vuvuzela

Thespence

All that needs to be done is one to be thrown on to the pitch. Javelin one at a player taking a corner and they will be banned, job done.

Yes, someone needs to sacrifice themself for the greater good of mankind.

I know someone who's off to the World Cup today. Might get him to take one for the team. :lol:

This is what happens when you give the World Cup to a shitty nation who doesn't deserve it, who spends millions on new stadiums while making millions homeless while watching their Countryman die of AIDs and do nothing about it. The reason they are so popular is because there is a void left to fill due to the new stadiums and increased interest, everyone wants to be involved but haven't a clue how to, they don't know how to support and they don't know what football is about, so these plastic mares fill in that void nicely with a dull monotonous sound driving real football fans crazy. culture my arse, its the lack of culture that has made these so popular with the mongs.

This tournament has shown one thing; Africa wasn't ready for the World Cup and probably will never be in the future. Someone's sitting on some massive back handers, I can guess his name it sounds like Sep(tic) Bladder.

Just look at this c***:

http://daylife.sky.com/imageserve/0eece2cbS01Il/610x.jpg

That's what football means to her, blow something as loud as possible and need workman earphones so she doesn't go deaf but the rest of the crowd can go fuk themselves.

That's the most patronising, ill-informed rubbish I've ever seen on here. Making insights into national culture on a horn?! Football has popular in Africa for over a century, it has a far better defined and purer footballing culture than some of the Americanised bollocks that has come over to Europe in the past few years.

Read over that again, it could easily have come from a neo-colonialist. Backwards Africans and enlighted Westerners? You seem like the uncultured one here.

How has this issue shown anything about the tournament? Everything else about the tournament has ran absolutely smoothly, has it not? Or is a plastic horn that important to your conception of a tournament?

Got a mate who went to S.Korea v Greece, said the stewarding was awful, he was telling me that they all huddle together spending most of the match chatting, drinking beers and smoking fags. You could probably get away with it quite easily tbh.

Got a mate who went to S.Korea v Greece, said the stewarding was awful, he was telling me that they all huddle together spending most of the match chatting, drinking beers and smoking fags. You could probably get away with it quite easily tbh.

I've definitely seen a few people in the crowd having a beer like.

The great vuvuzela debate looks likely to run well beyond the World Cup final, after organisers yesterday urged international fans to export the horn to their own countries and the Premier League said it would welcome them in England.

South African organisers today mounted a stout defence of the vuvuzela despite the World Cup organising committee's chief executive Danny Jordaan saying he preferred the sound of singing and would continue to monitor the situation.

As one bookmaker began taking bets on which Premier League club would be first to sell vuvuzelas in their team's colours, a spokesman said there was nothing in its rules that would stop supporters taking them into grounds.

A Premier League spokesman said: "Nothing in our rules specifically prohibits musical instruments from being brought into grounds as these matters are dealt with at a club level. It will be down to stadium managers, in consultation with supporters groups, to determine what is appropriate."

A spokesman for the local organising committee said the horns were here to stay and called on visiting supporters to take them home and introduce them to their own footballing culture.

The loud drone of the vuvuzela has sparked an international debate, with broadcasters inundated with complaints and arguments raging on radio phone-ins.

But South African organisers said today vuvuzelas are an important part of the country's footballing culture and will not be banned unless rules forbidding fans entering the field of play with them are flouted. "There has never been any consideration to ban them. The history of the vuvuzela is ingrained in the history of South Africa," said a spokesman.

"They emanate from the horn used by our forefathers to call meetings. The vuvuzelas are used to express the feelings about the game itself."

He pointed out that the instrument had been adopted by international fans, with the noise of vuvuzelas dominating matches involving European countries too. "Let us not make this a South African instrument alone. The vuvuzela is now an international instrument. People will buy them and stuff them in their suitcases and take them home," he said.

But some South Africans believe that there have only been so many complaints from overseas because the vuvuzelas are being blown indiscriminately by first timers rather than in unison to reflect the ebb and flow of the game, as is the case at South African Premier League matches.

The organising committee spokesman attempted to draw a line under the debate. "This is a world event hosted by South Africa. As our guests, please embrace our culture and the way we celebrate," he said. "We should close this discussion now. We have been talking about it for a year and it will never end. You either love them or you hate them. We in South Africa love them."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/14/world-cup-vuvuzela-premier-league

I've definitely seen a few people in the crowd having a beer like.

Apparently, the natives aren't searched the same way foreign fans are.

The shit about it being a part of their culture is bs but people are free to do what they like and we're all free to be fucking annoyed about it, which I certainly am.

The WC, for me, won't be ruined by this. I'd prefer a singing, celebratory atmosphere but let's be honest, it's the football we're all watching, isn't it? Unless a host nation is playing, you'd rarely expect a passionate and loud crowd in any WC, so the fact that this has been substituted for the vuvuzelas in this WC is only a minor annoyance, to me.

Hopefully as the tournament goes on and the scramble for tickets gets a bit more frantic and the prices get pushed up, they might become less prevalent. The thing that annoys me is they're utterly fucking pointless, if they were used to create a singing and cheering atmosphere, like the England band, then maybe fair enough. But what's going through these people's minds as they're blowing them? ??? What do they think it's doing? The noise is exactly the same whatever team you support.

Pretty sure I'd not want TT to talk for the whole anti-vuvu cause, but:

http://daylife.sky.com/imageserve/0eece2cbS01Il/610x.jpg

That's what football means to her, blow something as loud as possible and need workman earphones so she doesn't go deaf but the rest of the crowd can go fuk themselves.

:lol:

How has this issue shown anything about the tournament? Everything else about the tournament has ran absolutely smoothly, has it not? Or is a plastic horn that important to your conception of a tournament?

Apart from fans being shut out of grounds when seats were still empty, and match stewards going on strike meaning the police had to step in?

Dead smooth that like.

Can't believe the amount of whining and whinging some people are doing. Jesus! They're only plastic trumpets ffs. If it's that bad turn over. It's their tournament, not ours. :lol:

Can't believe the amount of whining and whinging some people are doing. Jesus! They're only plastic trumpets ffs. If it's that bad turn over. It's their tournament, not ours. :lol:

???

It isn't their tournament though, they are the hosts.