Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd have Carrick & Barry.  We need to do something to maintain possession.

Terry    Upson

Johnson                      A.Cole

Carrick   Barry

Gerrard Lampard J.Cole

Rooney

I'd rather Lampard on the right but yeh this basically. Those 3 behind Rooney lots of movement and cutting inside.

Terry    Upson

Carrick   Barry

Gerrard Lampard J.Cole

Rooney

I'd rather Lampard on the right but yeh this basically. Those 3 behind Rooney lots of movement and cutting inside.

I think I agree with this. Lennon coming on as a sub maye be more useful than him starting aswell.

Guest Antigalican

Terry    Upson

Carrick   Barry

Gerrard Lampard J.Cole

Rooney

Good shout, but I think we should pick a keeper as well.

Terry   Upson

Johnson*                  *Cole

Carrick      Barry

Gerrard

Cole

Defoe       Rooney

*Overlapping.

When Jhonson is forward Carrick fills in and same on the other wing.

Lampard had produced far more than Gerrard in an England shirt tbh.

can you quantify that Dave?

Do you mean statistically? I can't be bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, I just feel far more let down by Gerrard over the years considering what he has done for Liverpool in the same timeframe.

Gerrard was worldclass against Germany 5-1. Apart from that neither Gerrard & Lampard have really done anything of note for me.

Short memory. Lampard was easily the driving force behind WC 06 qualification. Not to mention his excellent performances in Euro 04.

They've both under-performed internationally for a long time.Gerrard has played well sporadically since 2002,and Lampard ,the same since 2005.The player we've really missed has been Hargreaves,who outshone both in 2006.

Do you mean statistically? I can't be bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, I just feel far more let down by Gerrard over the years considering what he has done for Liverpool in the same timeframe.

Gerrard was worldclass against Germany 5-1. Apart from that neither Gerrard & Lampard have really done anything of note for me.

Short memory. Lampard was easily the driving force behind WC 06 qualification. Not to mention his excellent performances in Euro 04.

They've both under-performed internationally for a long time.Gerrard has played well sporadically since 2002,and Lampard ,the same since 2005.The player we've really missed has been Hargreaves,who outshone both in 2006.

Just about to say that. Coached in Germany he at least understands a little more than knock it up here son!

Carrick ahead of Lampard, says it all about you, really does.

Lampard has been dogshit.

To be fair, Carrick has been dogshit for Man Utd all season too.

Just about to say that. Coached in Germany he at least understands a little more than knock it up here son!

:nods:

The only one that emerged from the last WC with any dignity.  Could do with his grit, dig and spirit right now.

The only one that emerged from the last WC with any dignity.  Could do with his grit, dig and spirit right now.

not to mention his ability to always be available and retain possession.

Carrick ahead of Lampard, says it all about you, really does.

Lampard has been dogshit.

To be fair, Carrick has been dogshit for Man Utd all season too.

I'd go for the dogshit who hasn't contributed to the farago that were the first two games.

The only one that emerged from the last WC with any dignity. Could do with his grit, dig and spirit right now.

not to mention his ability to always be available and retain possession.

Unsung hero.

Guest firetotheworks

Just having a read through a lot of these posts, and a lot start with 'if' or 'it's Capello' or 'it's the players', a lot say what Capello should do, what Capello isn't doing, what should happen to the players etc. Tbh this whole 'prima donna' stuff is beyond tedious, and only gets thrown about when there's a bad performance, the very same thing is spun into 'World Class Players' when were winning, or the whole 'prima donna' issue is hidden by the usual posters looking for an excuse to post it.

Personally I couldn't give a shit if they're prima donnas or not, the bottom line is that things aren't working, and need to change. I cant think of a truly successful manager other than maybe Ferguson who is an out and out autocrat. Capello has shown time and time again that he's not about who's right, and who's wrong, but what's right, and what's wrong. If it gets sorted by the senior players airing their views or not, it doesn't matter whether you think they should be told to fuck off or not,  (quite frankly that kind of attitude is so regressive its pretty much extinct within successful managers). The only reason that this debate is all being concentrated on is because it was a shit result, that pretty much proves how important the result was, and all these 'ifs' only highlight how arbitrary, and pointless every other factor presented through the media/rumour/whatever is. Now I think we should ditch the shit debate and concentrate on the result.

Anyone who says the answer to this shitpile is to bring in Michael Carrick needs f***ing shooting.

The idea to bring carrick on was because the Algeria were playing 10 men behind the ball.  If a team is doing that then you need some in your midfield who can make passes and keep the team ticking over.

Having two players, gerrard and lampard int he same team as they are to similar to each other.

I would suspect that Slovenia will play a similar game to Algeria, so i would much rather have someone making passes and trying to pull them out of position, so we can get behind them

You've played way to much football manager and fifa.

One thing to add to this thread if we don't qualify other than the obvious player and manager roles, is the training regime leading up to this world cup.

They had an Austrian training camp and selected their base in SA for altitude training. Against Algeria, all the players looked knackered after 20 mins or so. Glen Johnson, who I don't rate as a defender, but at least can run, looked like he was running in water all the game.

We have enough problems getting eleven fit and in condition players to gel without them being hamstrung by poorly preparing them.

Oh, and play Joe Cole.

Guest Phil K

Great, let's drop Rooney for Crouch then while we're at it. :rolleyes:

Having promise and not living up to it is worse than not having it in the first place.

Rooney's been utter cr*p thus far, even allowing for the poor service.