Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great, let's drop Rooney for Crouch then while we're at it. :rolleyes:

Having promise and not living up to it is worse than not having it in the first place.

Rooney's been utter cr*p thus far, even allowing for the poor service.

Your point being?

Not before it or much since then though.

Before it, most people seemed to think it was ridiculous he was even in the squad.

Including me, to be honest. He was heroic in that Portugal game.

Unsung. :lol:

Hilarious innit?  I know he was only a patch on Lampard's performances though. :rolleyes:

It is, Hargreaves was praised to high heaven after that tournament.

Fair enough, I suppose.  Got the wrong end of your stick. :thup:

Just having a read through a lot of these posts, and a lot start with 'if' or 'it's Capello' or 'it's the players', a lot say what Capello should do, what Capello isn't doing, what should happen to the players etc. Tbh this whole 'prima donna' stuff is beyond tedious, and only gets thrown about when there's a bad performance, the very same thing is spun into 'World Class Players' when were winning, or the whole 'prima donna' issue is hidden by the usual posters looking for an excuse to post it.

Personally I couldn't give a shit if they're prima donnas or not, the bottom line is that things aren't working, and need to change. I cant think of a truly successful manager other than maybe Ferguson who is an out and out autocrat. Capello has shown time and time again that he's not about who's right, and who's wrong, but what's right, and what's wrong. If it gets sorted by the senior players airing their views or not, it doesn't matter whether you think they should be told to fuck off or not,  (quite frankly that kind of attitude is so regressive its pretty much extinct within successful managers). The only reason that this debate is all being concentrated on is because it was a shit result, that pretty much proves how important the result was, and all these 'ifs' only highlight how arbitrary, and pointless every other factor presented through the media/rumour/whatever is. Now I think we should ditch the shit debate and concentrate on the result.

YOu could put all the senior players iq together and just about get what Capello's cock knows about football.

We need a striker on who is going to STAY THE F*** UP FRONT!

Heskey and Rooney kept drifting out wide or dropping deep. Defoe or Crouch is a solution.

Rooney does  too much work for a striker, I don't like to see him running around so much. Get in the box more baldy.

Heskey and Rooney kept drifting out wide or dropping deep. Defoe or Crouch is a solution.

Rooney does  too much work for a striker, I don't like to see him running around so much. Get in the box more baldy.

Rooney should do the same he does for Man Utd. Scoring goals >> work rate.

One thing to add to this thread if we don't qualify other than the obvious player and manager roles, is the training regime leading up to this world cup.

They had an Austrian training camp and selected their base in SA for altitude training. Against Algeria, all the players looked knackered after 20 mins or so. Glen Johnson, who I don't rate as a defender, but at least can run, looked like he was running in water all the game.

We have enough problems getting eleven fit and in condition players to gel without them being hamstrung by poorly preparing them.

Oh, and play Joe Cole.

Have the training camps fucked them up?

Agreed.

Agreed.

He seems to start dropping back when there's nothing happening, which just makes it worse really. It would maybe be OK if we had a decent finisher upfront to do the business but Heskey is fucking useless.

Agreed.

He seems to start dropping back when there's nothing happening, which just makes it worse really. It would maybe be OK if we had a decent finisher upfront to do the business but Heskey is fucking useless.

It's cause the millionaire plaboy normally cocksure midfield is scared to move up with the ball and there starts to be a massive gap to Kangarooney.

Millionaire playboys who have both been described as the hardest workers at their clubs. This nonsense is becoming boring now.

If only they could play for their clubs at the world cup. And what has hard work got to do with fear of the Jubulani??

Nobody is arguing that they are performing well.

You're the one mixing up hard work with confidence to work the ball. In fact they're actually doing neither uptill now. Hope it changes tomorrow like.

Hope to fuck they make people eat their words tomorrow, haven't been hoping for a win as much as this for a long time. Not enthralled about the rumours regarding starts for Milner and Defoe mind.

You're the one mixing up hard work with confidence to work the ball. In fact they're actually doing neither uptill now. Hope it changes tomorrow like.

Well no, you're accusing individuals who've achieved success primarily because of a lot of hard work of being 'millionaire playboys' because it's easier than looking at tactics and positioning.

You're just a resentful little man.

Well no, you're accusing individuals who've achieved success primarily because of a lot of hard work of being 'millionaire playboys' because it's easier than looking at tactics and positioning.

You're just a resentful little man.

Terry himself said they didn't look like they were putting effort in and that was the minimum that was expected by the fans or words to that effect. I made a post about tactics and positioning earlier in the thread. The playboy comment was cause of the constant whinning that seems to be going on about being bored, needing a beer, wanting to be with girlfriends, sick of golf....Anyone would think they were there on holiday.

If criticising the first two performances makes me resentful, then that's me and about 10 million other Englishmen after the Algeria game, not to mention the ones who have spent thousands getting to Africa.

It'd be ridiculous if Milner gets another shot on the wing, never mind in place of Joe Cole again. Milner's a centre-mid, that's where he plays well.

It'd almost be as daft as playing Rooney off a target man after a brilliant season up top on his own.

It'd be ridiculous if Milner gets another shot on the wing, never mind in place of Joe Cole again. Milner's a centre-mid, that's where he plays well.

It'd almost be as daft as playing Rooney off a target man after a brilliant season up top on his own.

If Joe Cole doesn't start Capello is just making a rod for his own back IMO.