England World Cup Squad 2014

Thespence

A few of the West Ham lads may make it, Collision is a decent prospect for one and a few of there strikers are highly rated. Hines and Nouble maybe.

Collison is already a Welsh international.

A few of the West Ham lads may make it, Collision is a decent prospect for one and a few of there strikers are highly rated. Hines and Nouble maybe.

Collison is already a Welsh international.

s***, it is grim then.  I was sure he was English, whats he doing playing for Wales.

Guest The Enforcer

You have read too much in to me asking what Smalling has done. This was not me stating that he is not good enough, will not be good enough, or indeed that Alex Ferguson has made a mistake.

I was making a point that including someone like Smalling in these lists will probably be based on nothing but blind faith, as to say the least, we've not seen much from him in terms of performances so far. This is all.

As for saying I will shoot myself, I'll put it as simply as possible. Number one, I was joking. Number two, it was about the looks of the whole squads in general, not Smalling, as in my opinion, they look low on quality for International football.

I'm now repeating myself, so if you wish to continue to argue with something I haven't even said, by all means, be my guest, but I'm off to get some lunch.

You have read too much in to me asking what Smalling has done. This was not me stating that he is not good enough, will not be good enough, or indeed that Alex Ferguson has made a mistake.

I was making a point that including someone like Smalling in these lists will probably be based on nothing but blind faith, as to say the least, we've not seen much from him in terms of performances so far. This is all.

As for saying I will shoot myself, I'll put it as simply as possible. Number one, I was joking. Number two, it was about the looks of the whole squads in general, not Smalling, as in my opinion, they look low on quality for International football.

I'm now repeating myself, so if you wish to continue to argue with something I haven't even said, by all means, be my guest, but I'm off to get some lunch.

Ok, no problem, i just think you came out a little harsh.

And the shooting thing, i did not take it as a suicidal note tbh, just a figure of speak ;D

But i understad your point of view, but its some years for the lads to develop. (i know, blind faith. But i get more faith in players if a world-class manager spending big money on a him. I trust their judgement)

I recon there will come quite a few very talented youngsters over the comming years, it always do.

The question is who.

when was the last time england had a player in the squad who was "unattached" club wise ? (could happen with joe cole if we get through on sunday...his contract ends on june 30th doesn't it ?)

Regardless of how far England go in this tournament, they should hit the reset button at the end of this tournament and start bringing in youngsters immediately.  I'd rather try that and fail to qualify for Euro 2012 than limp on with older players and end up like these French or Italian teams. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Someone has to remember to bump this when the time comes!

I'll set a reminder on my phone

:mackems:

Imagine the day that comes round (and he's still got the same phone) and the look on your face.

WTF?!

#1 keeper will be Hart. Any two from Smithies, Lewis, Green, Loach etc for back up.

Baines & Gibbs for left back is decent. Struggling for right backs apart from Johnson who doesn't convince me and Richards who is poor.

Centre half will be Jags, Shawcross, Cahill and Lescott. Or maybe one of the younger lads such as Jones & Tomkins depending on how they develop.

Rodwell will definitely be starting every game by the time of the next world cup. He'll probably get in the squad for the next Euros too. Could be a similar story for Jack Wilshere. Apart from them you've got Milner, Walcott, Johnson, Huddlestone, Lennon and I imagine players a bit off the radar at the moment such as Cleverly and Baxter will be pushing for it.

Up front will probably be similar to now- Rooney the only genuine class option and a few making up the numbers. Wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Walcott and Baxter have to be played there at times. Will be intersting to see how Carrol and Wickham develop mind.

Guest firetotheworks

There surely has to be some breakthrough players that can get to the level of Gerrard and Lampard in midfield at club level. Of the players that I know at the moment, only these have the quality/potential to play for the national team by thenimo.

Hart

Johnson, Cahill, Cole

Milner, Wilshere, Cleverley, Adam Johnson

Rooney, Delfouneso, Welbeck

Guest firetotheworks

I doubt we would ever play a 3-4-3 with 2 attacking centre mids. Good players though.

Is Rodwell a sort of holding player? Haven't seen much of him.

:lol: That's not a formation, I just couldn't think of another defender that's up to it, but could think of a fair few midfielders and strikers.

I doubt we would ever play a 3-4-3 with 2 attacking centre mids. Good players though.

Is Rodwell a sort of holding player? Haven't seen much of him.

:lol: That's not a formation, I just couldn't think of another defender that's up to it, but could think of a fair few midfielders and strikers.

Ah, when you listed the players in that specific formation it tricked me into thinking it was a specific formation.

But yeah, waiting for some mega-good defenders to come through the ranks. Steven Taylor anyone?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I will wear and then eat my hat if Walcott ever becomes a good player.

Define good.

Are we talking 'SWP/Lennon' Deceving Good, or actual good?

Guest firetotheworks

I will wear and then eat my hat if Walcott ever becomes a good player.

Define good.

Are we talking 'SWP/Lennon' Deceving Good, or actual good?

We're talking good enough to justify starting for Arsenal up front/on the wing every week.