World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Luca, a few of england's players are obviously great players at domestic level but maybe there is grounds for the argument that it is the foreign players around them who allow them to play like they do. I think we have match winners but lack the ability to really control games. There are far too many in the squad who don't even get a game at their own clubs as well.

That cat has made more of a thoughtful contribution to this thread than you could ever dream of in your wildest fantasies, it has a bigger cock than you and it could almost certainly knock you out.

Guest Phil K

Bringing Heskey on as our last throw of the dice  :facepalm:

I'd have done that if I wanted my 4 year contract of £6mill (or whatever it is) to be paid in full, with another job back home to walk into, mind.

That cat has made more of a thoughtful contribution to this thread than you could ever dream of in your wildest fantasies, it has a bigger cock than you and it could almost certainly knock you out.

A little irritating when people take pot shots at you for no reason, other than your opinion is different to theirs, isn't it ? I get it all the time, and have people on here attack ME for defending myself too !

You got the slightest, most minimum taste of it with that. And defended yourself in like manner.

I thought that even over the internet it might have been obvious that my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek, but nothing flies so low that it doesn't whoosh over the head of at least someone with a sufficiently short intellectual stature.

German football clubs benefit from nurturing young talent

January 07, 2010

As football transfer fees continue to go through the roof, German football league Bundesliga could find itself ahead of the pack, should the player market grind to a halt. Soccer could then become reliant on young, homegrown talent.

Few soccer clubs in 2010 will be able to splash out as much as in previous years. With top players, such as Liverpool striker Fernando Torres valued at a whopping 158 million euros, costing so much to sign and to sustain, most clubs are increasingly reluctant or unable to shell out the money for the world's best.

This means that if the player price hike continues as predicted, fewer and fewer world class stars will be on the move. Eventually, the transfer market will grind to a halt, with the top players all huddled together in London, Madrid or Manchester – or forced to accept their lot at their current clubs.

As the value of players continues to rise, many teams have adopted the philosophy of 'speculate to accumulate'; they're developing their youth systems, nurturing young local talent and buying the potential stars of the future on the cheap.

German clubs under orders to nurture youth

In Germany, the emphasis on youth development has been the cornerstone of the national team's continued success and the slow but steady rise of the Bundesliga through the ranks of the European leagues.

While English, Italian and Spanish teams were spending millions on snapping up youngsters from Africa to Asia in the 2006/07 season, Bundesliga clubs were inwardly investing a total of 44 million euros in youth academies.

Bundesliga clubs are obliged under the German Soccer Association's (DFB) regulations to manage and maintain youth academies in order to be eligible for the licenses they need to operate in the league. The DFB regularly does spot-checks on Bundesliga clubs to assess their youth programmes and make sure they meet its criteria. This includes fielding a sufficient number of youth teams in a variety of age groups, maintaining adequate training pitches and providing good-quality standards in terms of sporting, medical and educational care for the youngsters.

International success ingrained at an early age

National coach Joachim Loew is particularly happy with this approach, especially after Germany's youngsters won the UEFA Under-17 and UEFA Under-21 European titles in 2009. "The youth academies of the Bundesliga are a kind of elite school for the best, and an excellent institution which is bearing fruits," he said recently. "Numerous excellent players from these academies have managed to go professional already."

Turning to youth out of necessity

The Bundesliga clubs are well aware of the value of the German youth system – for example, current league leaders Bayer Leverkusen have an average age of just 23. While the youth system undoubtedly provides teams with capable players, most German clubs are relying on youth out of necessity because most world-class stars ignore the advances of Bundesliga.

Despite being able to attract the likes of Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben and Luca Toni in recent years, even Bayern Munich are talking about looking closer to home for the stars of the future.

Bayern could turn to homegrown talent

A training session at Bayern MunichBayern did invest heavily in new, established talent during the summer transfer window. But following a disappointing start to the season under new coach Louis van Gaal, Sporting Director Christian Nerlinger announced that a new emphasis on youth will be at the centre of Bayern's transfer policy.

"We're keeping a close eye on a few of our youngsters who we believe may have the quality to play for Bayern Munich," Nerlinger told reporters. "They will soon be invited to train with the senior squad, allowing the coaching staff to gain a first-hand impression for themselves.

"On the one hand you have the Riberys and Tonis, who we need for consistent success," he added. "On the other hand, you have players coming out of our superb development system and the squad has plenty of those."

So, in the event that the world soccer transfer market becomes gridlocked by massive fees, the Bundesliga clubs may find themselves ahead of the pack when it comes to sending out their boys to do a man's job.

Guest Phil K

:slap:

Correct.

I thought that even over the internet it might have been obvious that my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek, but nothing flies so low that it doesn't whoosh over the head of at least someone with a sufficiently short intellectual stature.

Jiggle the words around slightly (VERY slightly) and Ive said this countless times too. And still been shot at. You being one of them too, it has to be said (significantly less moronically than most of the er..."Kids", mind) Still, nothing to do with me, TBH. I'll step back and stay out of it.

We've had this kind of post mortem after pretty much every competition we've been in, about what we need to change in the English game, where we went wrong with the manager, how we need to develop our youth... It only lasts a month tops and never gets beyond the talking stage.  People lose interest in international football again until the build up to the next tournament and everything's forgotten again, with everyone drooling at the prospect of the players we've been watching scoring wonder goals all season tearing Germany and Argentina apart.

Generally I think we put far too much emphasis on the wrong aspects of the game in England.

We rate experience, hard work and effort ahead of youth, vibrancy, movement and technical ability. This is a deep cultural issue, and will be very difficult to change.

True... we will never change the English approach to the game, and the way English players are brought up. At the very least, it will take generations.

What we need to do is work out how to create an England team that looks and plays like a Premier League team. Lampard looks brilliant for Chelsea, but he's surrounded by players who move brilliantly off the ball and have tons of energy and athleticism.

We've had this kind of post mortem after pretty much every competition we've been in, about what we need to change in the English game, where we went wrong with the manager, how we need to develop our youth... It only lasts a month tops and never gets beyond the talking stage.  People lose interest in international football again until the build up to the next tournament and everything's forgotten again, with everyone drooling at the prospect of the players we've been watching scoring wonder goals all season tearing Germany and Argentina apart.

The PL with its high tempo and constant attacking is really entertainement now, it has little or nothing to do with football or for young players coming through to think a little deeper about the game. The PL is a monster and the Fa cower in its shadow.

Yay! I was supposed to go into my job today, but luckily I now don't have to. Dozens of Germans being patronising or making cracks about dodgy goals successfully avoided.

Did an abusive 1am voicemail to your boss get you the sack by any chance?  O0

Yay! I was supposed to go into my job today, but luckily I now don't have to. Dozens of Germans being patronising or making cracks about dodgy goals successfully avoided.

Did an abusive 1am voicemail to your boss get you the sack by any chance?  O0

:lol:

One thing that the past few days has made abundantly clear to me is just how much all the anti-German nonsense in English tabloids (which all gets reproduced in the German media) fires the Germans up -- the team presumably as much as the fans.

I'm fed up with being blamed for the shite in the Mail and the Sun.

All this talk about foreigners swamping the prem is fine, btu why are English players so reluctant to play abroad?  There's bazillions of Brazillians at various levels of leagues in various countries, some of which may not develop into great players and some of which may do.  English players seem to want to play in the prem and that's it.  If they're not good enough for the prem, they'd rather play in the championship and go for promotion or hope to be picked up by a prem team rather than play at the top level in another country.  If championship teams don't want them yet, they'd rather play in league one than play in the second teir abroad. If we could get more English lads to play abroad we'd have far more positions available at varying levels to plant the seeds of young players and we'd get a better return out of in in terms of the numbers that turn out world class, surely?

What pissed me off, when we conceded a goal...all the players just look around but no one asks questions and tells people to do their jobs correctly next time.  They just look about as if they cant criticise each other.

WTF.

To many egos in the England team.

You watched a different match to me.  James was certainly not happy and also Johnson for the 1st and 2nd.  Quite clearly bemused with the defending

What pissed me off, when we conceded a goal...all the players just look around but no one asks questions and tells people to do their jobs correctly next time.  They just look about as if they cant criticise each other.

WTF.

To many egos in the England team.

You watched a different match to me.  James was certainly not happy and also Johnson for the 1st and 2nd.  Quite clearly bemused with the defending

Yeah, sure they all looked bemused but i didn't see anyone correcting or reminding each other not to do s*** like that.

Concede a goal, look bemused, walk back to positon for kick off and start again.

If james wasn't happy or bemused with the defense why didn't he let them know instead of just looking bemused?

Guest neesy111

Untill the PL limits teams to the no of foreign players we're not going to produce many good English players. I know people don't like to hear it but it is a fact.

i think it already has for next season

from the hungary friendly in august onwards - draft in the kids. aim for building for the next world cup. that means trying as hard as possible for the euros before that but so what if it goes tits up - we need to start from scratch. 2 yrs isnt enough to build a national team - saying that though the germans managed it.