World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Might be a moot point as I haven't thought it through but is part of the problem not because our lower positioned Prem teams are still rich as f*** in terms of comparisons to say Valldolid, Bochum or Catania and therefore can still afford to spunk big bucks on foreign imports whereas the smaller foreign teams invest their relatively less money in promoting youth.

Out of the current Spain squad, 18 out of 23 players come from the academies of the richest clubs in the land, however (Barça, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Atlético).

Only David Villa comes from a small team academy (Gijón).

It is true that the academies of these rich clubs have become really good at scouting and snapping up prospects in youth tournaments, however.

I agree on the overall point that it's cheaper for Valladolid to field a bunch of local lads than buying Arriaga, Arriaga II and Barriaga.

As I said I did no research into whether its actually correct or not, just a general thought i had. Arriaga II could definitely do a job for them though.

Might be a moot point as I haven't thought it through but is part of the problem not because our lower positioned Prem teams are still rich as f*** in terms of comparisons to say Valldolid, Bochum or Catania and therefore can still afford to spunk big bucks on foreign imports whereas the smaller foreign teams invest their relatively less money in promoting youth.

Out of the current Spain squad, 18 out of 23 players come from the academies of the richest clubs in the land, however (Barça, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Atlético).

It is true that the academies of these rich clubs have become really good at scouting and snapping up prospects in youth tournaments, however.

I agree on the overall point that it's cheaper for Valladolid to field a bunch of local lads than buying Arriaga, Arriaga II and Barriaga.

As I said I did no research into whether its actually correct or not, just a general thought i had. Arriaga II could definitely do a job for them though.

No, it's a good intuition. As I said, big clubs are getting a lot of their players from these clubs' academies. Players like Iniesta, Silva, Pedro, Mata, even Raúl... were snapped up by Barça/Madrid/Valencia from other clubs' academies.

Guest Heneage

Looking at the last world cup winners a lot of their squad was spread around.

Bologna - Zaccardo

Parma- Buffon, Barone

Roma - De Rossi, Totti, Peruzzi, Amelia

Renato Curi - Grosso

Messina- Materazzi

Napoli- Cannavaro

Rondinella - Barzagli

Padova - Del Piero

Perugia- Gattusso

Modena- Toni

Piacenza - Gilardino, Inzaghi

Lazio - Nesta

Reggiolo- Iaquinta

Como- Zambrotta

Reggina- Perrotta

Brescia -Pirlo

Milan- Oddo

16 different clubs there.

Looking at the last world cup winners a lot of their squad was spread around.

Bologna - Zaccardo

Parma- Buffon, Barone

Roma - De Rossi, Totti, Peruzzi, Amelia

Renato Curi - Grosso

Messina- Materazzi

Napoli- Cannavaro

Rondinella - Barzagli

Padova - Del Piero

Perugia- Gattusso

Modena- Toni

Piacenza - Gilardino, Inzaghi

Lazio - Nesta

Reggiolo- Iaquinta

Como- Zambrotta

Reggina- Perrotta

Brescia -Pirlo

Milan- Oddo

16 different clubs there.

The current Spain NT

FC Barcelona: Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, Puyol, Piqué, Busquets, Valdés, Reina

Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Mata

Sevilla: Ramos, Marchena, Navas

Bilbao: Javi Martínez, Llorente

Valencia: Albiol, Silva

Atlético: Torres

Espanyol: Capdevila

Gijón: Villa

Real Sociedad: Xabi Alonso

San Fernando: Pedro

10 clubs.

We can split hairs about some that moved academies in their teenage years like Pedro, Silva, or Cesc and Piqué.

Adam Johnson and Hart are the two players that should without a shadow of a doubt start in the Euro qualifying campaign. Rodwell should be phased in if he keeps developing and Jagielka should be given more chances if he stays fit. We should also look at bringing Daniel Alves from Brazil in, he doesn't get a game for them so he might as well play for us.

Adam Johnson and Hart are the two players that should without a shadow of a doubt start in the Euro qualifying campaign. Rodwell should be phased in if he keeps developing and Jagielka should be given more chances if he stays fit. We should also look at bringing Daniel Alves from Brazil in, he doesn't get a game for them so he might as well play for us.

We actually tried that when he was at Sevilla :iamatwat:

Agree about Johnson. I have only seen him play this season for City and the England friendles but he was really impressive.

Guest Geordiesned

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but Sky Sports were showing footage earlier of the squad getting off the plane last night at their base over there. The camera looked as if it was quite a distance away so the players probably didn't know they were being filmed. Ashley Cole and one other player (might have been King) were pissing themselves laughing. So at least 2 players who don't seem to give a fuck bearing in mind this was only hours later.

I don't go for the too many foreign players argument being the reason for our failure, for some reason there is a lack of desire to be the “best” in our game. I don’t know if this is to do with the money in the English game, false adulation our players get through sky, media  and the fans (for example see how some of our players are now rated after the job they did in the Championship by people on this board!) or the self importance we attach to the English game.

If we have players who really thought they were good players but could not get a game in the Premier League then why do they not move abroad instead of playing in the lower leagues?

Another example of this is our managers, I know he is not English but I really rate Moyles at Everton. In my opinion he has taken Everton as far as he can and it does not look like he will get a top four job so why does he not try to get a job for a club in another league that plays in the Champions League to test himself, to see how good he is?

Roy Keane talking sense on SkySports

What;s he saying?

dont blame the Manager the players are shit :snod:

Just seen it. He was spot on.

I like how he went through the team and pointed out how pretty much all of them had shite seasons.

Dunno if it's from the same show as last night, but he made a great point about continental football being played on the floor.  In England, everyone tries to pick 50-60 yard passes.  On the continent, you get bollocked and encouraged to make short passes.

Yeah, like i said we aint producing players with ball skills.  We produce the odd world class player (gazza) once in a blue moon.  We also have a default setting it english football which is hoof it.

Nobs like Allerdyce get praised by the media, its fucking stupid, he is anti football, his teams cannot go out and make passes to feet and play a game of movement. 

He doesn't. He's an egotistical cunt who, like Shak said, thinks that the only player to give his all in football was Roy Keane.

Just because someone rants and raves doesn't mean that they call a spade a spade. I'd say someone calmer, like Souness, actually calls a spade a spade, but backs it up with logic and not emotion.

Dunno if it's from the same show as last night, but he made a great point about continental football being played on the floor.  In England, everyone tries to pick 50-60 yard passes.  On the continent, you get bollocked and encouraged to make short passes.

Yeah, like i said we aint producing players with ball skills.  We produce the odd world class player (gazza) once in a blue moon.  We also have a default setting it english football which is hoof it.

Nobs like Allerdyce get praised by the media, its fucking stupid, he is anti football, his teams cannot go out and make passes to feet and play a game of movement. 

Just lucky with Gazza, the likes of him aren't produced they're born.