The Liverpool Thread

Parky

a legally binding sale agreement has been signed by broughton and nesv so the new bid is irrelevant if broughton wins what the case is about is did broughton and the board have the power to do so and had they invalidated the agreement between rbs and hicks

4.04pm: Judge says it would be a "little ambitious" for the case to be settled by Friday. (In reply to Broughton's QC saying board would desperately like a verdict by then).

4.48pm: JUDGEMENT ON THE CASE IS TO BE GIVEN AT 10.30AM TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) MORNING

:lol: The has been the most uncertain of court cases ever.

Does anyone know if the Spirit of Shankley managed to get their protest group down to London today?

When I heard the chap on the radio saying he wanted protests to happen I could only think of that Harry Enfield sketch where the three scallies go down to that there London

(On a tenuously related point, on a course at the moment which is being delivered by someone who is exactly what you would get if George Dawes ever played Pepe Reina, its uncanny)

Does anyone know if the Spirit of Shankley managed to get their protest group down to London today?

When I heard the chap on the radio saying he wanted protests to happen I could only think of that Harry Enfield sketch where the three scallies go down to that there London

(On a tenuously related point, on a course at the moment which is being delivered by someone who is exactly what you would get if George Dawes ever played Pepe Reina, its uncanny)

some few (30 or so i think) outside and 3 inside the court (tbf only 30 seats in the gallery and most of that was taken up by journos)

Not sure whether we have any similar law to the US law that a company board must do everything possible to maximise shareholder profit else H&G would have a good case against the other board members if they have indeed ignored other, higher, bids in favour of this one.

Guest neesy111

Does this alter the fact they face administration on Friday though?

It means they won't be going into Admin as RBS can recover their debts via the sale.

Not sure whether we have any similar law to the US law that a company board must do everything possible to maximise shareholder profit else H&G would have a good case against the other board members if they have indeed ignored other, higher, bids in favour of this one.

Did they not say that the better offer came after they had agreed to sell though?

Did they not say that the better offer came after they had agreed to sell though?

Don't think it would matter if they weren't willing to consider the other offer(s). 

Guest neesy111

Liverpool won't be going into Admin.

Though whoever thinks £300M is a good price for them should have their heads chopped off, as they need to finance their new stadium at £350M.

Don't think it would matter if they weren't willing to consider the other offer(s). 

That's what I'm saying they had agreed to sell hence listened to offers agreed on someone and then this new bid came in afterwards.