The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's masterstroke from the owners?

Their biggest problems are the lack of atmosphere at Anfield, the trust from the fans and the playing squad. Giving them the guy that they want, until the end of the season, will boost the fans and get the atmosphere going at Anfield again (like when Ashley brought Keegan back), it will see that the owners are listening to the fans which will help to build the bridges and that will pass onto the players who will play with a bit more freedom and with weight off their shoulders. (like when we got rid of Souness and put Roeder in charge). They're comfortably safe now IMO.

That being said, if they keep Dalglish past the summer they want shot because he certainly isn't the answer in the long term. But short term, I can't see any problems.

It's a short term fix with long term consequences. There will of course be a honeymoon period, but this kind of move can also hamper the club, esoecially if he does relatively well.

Basically what they need is a top line manager and to freshen the squad. That will take one or two seasons at the minimum.

I don't think they can compete financially with the elite of the PL anymore, so the first target would be to get back into the CL and start to pull in money which they have missed.

My personal opinion is that they are now only fighting for 5th to 7th with what they have. The longer they stay out of the CL the harder it will be, infact if they don't get back into is within 2 season they are f***ed for a good while yet.

Nesv perhaps have underestimated the amount of cash it takes to be competitive in the PL.

Torres should bring some cash in  :smug:

First of all, let me first say how delighted I am at the return of the King. I remember the day he left like it was yesterday. Bawling my eyes out reading ceefax, with the headline that Kenny quit. Calling my dad at the office to tell him the news. I was 10 years old then and Kenny Dalgish was the only Liverpool manager I had ever known. Not only that, but he was also a father figure to me. I remember feeling safe every time I saw him on TV. I dont know why but I just did.
:mackems:

First of all, let me first say how delighted I am at the return of the King. I remember the day he left like it was yesterday. Bawling my eyes out reading ceefax, with the headline that Kenny quit. Calling my dad at the office to tell him the news. I was 10 years old then and Kenny Dalgish was the only Liverpool manager I had ever known. Not only that, but he was also a father figure to me. I remember feeling safe every time I saw him on TV. I dont know why but I just did.
:mackems:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell me you're making that up. That is really worrying.

Keegan, Kendall, Kenny - it will all end the same way - never go back.

Liverpool were never going to get relegated, and they were never going to get into the top 4/5 - so I'm struggling to see the logic of sacking mid-season to appoint a short term manager. Better of sticking with Woy, to give the club an air of professionalism, and spend the next 5 months looking for a proper manager.

Keegan, Kendall, Kenny - it will all end the same way - never go back.

Liverpool were never going to get relegated, and they were never going to get into the top 4/5 - so I'm struggling to see the logic of sacking mid-season to appoint a short term manager. Better of sticking with Woy, to give the club an air of professionalism, and spend the next 5 months looking for a proper manager.

Fan + Media pressure. It's the way it always is.

In all seriousness though, how we see the Dalglish appointment is exactly how the rest of the country saw the Keegan appointment.

Difference is, their supporters were shouting and balling about how they wanted Daglish, it was a total surprise for us when we got Keegan.

Speak for yourself, I was shouting and balling for 9 years.

In all seriousness though, how we see the Dalglish appointment is exactly how the rest of the country saw the Keegan appointment.

Difference is, their supporters were shouting and balling about how they wanted Daglish, it was a total surprise for us when we got Keegan.

Speak for yourself, I was shouting and balling for 9 years.

:lol: fair enough. That was just the impression I got anyway...

It's good to see a lot of them on there actually wishing Hodgson the best.  :thup:

Only because they're happy he's gone. They were probably the one saying Hodgson is worse than the Hillsbrough disaster tbf.

Dalglish has dropped N'Gog so already a step ahead of Hodgson. Gerrard back to playing off Torres which is also a good move. No more hollywood bollox from Gerrard in midfield. Meireles in the centre and not on the wing another good decision. He might pull this off today.

Dalglish has dropped N'Gog so already a step ahead of Hodgson. Gerrard back to playing off Torres which is also a good move. No more hollywood bollox from Gerrard in midfield. Meireles in the centre and not on the wing another good decision. He might pull this off today.

Nah. Those moves, although positive, aren't a masterstroke - they're what any man with an ounce of sense would play. Get Gerrard as near to Torres as possible as that combination is really Liverpool's only hope, even if they aren't what they were.