The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Think the Manchesters/Chelsea/Arsenal will keep them locked down, personally.

Can't fathom the spending spree this summer now that City have secured CL football.

Would be funny as fuck if they lost the qualifier mind.

They'll be back contesting the Champions League spots next season.

I think they'll be top 4 next season.

Just this half season alone, they'd be second behind Chelsea - they've beaten Man U (h), Chelsea (a), drew with Ars (a) and thrashed Man City (h).

I don't think it's a honeymoon period either - if they get money to spend, they'll buy a CB, LW (rumoured to be Ashley Young) and a LB.  Although they don't have the squad quality of Man U or Chelsea, the youngsters that they bring in, seem to slot in effortlessly.

They've more 'team spirit' than City and Arsenal.

Can't fathom the spending spree this summer now that City have secured CL football.

Would be funny as fuck if they lost the qualifier mind.

Their current UEFA ranking could well put them in the wrong side of the qualifier draw and they'll do an Everton.

Would be funny as f*** if they lost the qualifier mind.

Their current UEFA ranking could well put them in the wrong side of the qualifier draw and they'll do an Everton.

City's squad is a bit stronger than Everton's don't you think?

Imagine this side participating in the CL (played in the qualifying round vs Villareal)

Martyn, Hibbert, Yobo, Weir, Pistone (McFadden 80), Cahill, Arteta, Neville, Davies, Kilbane (Ferguson 62), Beattie (Bent 63).

Woeful.

I don't think they'll get higher than 5th next season mind.

Smells of a honeymoon period still. Also unconvinced by how much money they'll spend in the Summer.

I don't think they'll get higher than 5th next season mind.

Smells of a honeymoon period still. Also unconvinced by how much money they'll spend in the Summer.

If they buy another CB, I'd expect them to get 3rd at least. 

I don't think Arsenal have that killer instinct and they seem to go missing in the latter stages of the season.  They've got a weaker team than Liverpool.

Man City - if Tevez goes, I can't see Balotelli, Dzeko or Adebayor (if he comes back) getting as many assists or goals as Tevez does.

Imagine this side participating in the CL (played in the qualifying round vs Villareal)

Martyn, Hibbert, Yobo, Weir, Pistone (McFadden 80), Cahill, Arteta, Neville, Davies, Kilbane (Ferguson 62), Beattie (Bent 63).

Woeful.

No comparison to Everton's squad, of course, but Villareal reached the semis that year. There are some very strong sides in the last qualifying round, with a lot of CL experience. You don't want to be in the lower half of the qualifying draw.

If they do qualify, they'll end up in Pot 3 as well, so there's a very good chance of them getting a difficult draw there, too.

That happened to Chelsea for the first season or two after Abramovich took over, but they were a much better side than Man City is now.

Woeful.

How very dare you.

always going to happen, pity I would have found it funny if they tried to replace him with someone else. Suppose we'll see if he actually still has it or if he's just got a very prolonged honeymoon period

Woeful.

How very dare you.

Jesus, that team is atrocious  :lol: