The Liverpool Thread

Parky

£55m for Carroll and Henderson.  Staggering.

It is pretty mental, isn't it?

Apologies, as I'm sure you've probably already answered this.

What's your take on the Henderson deal?

I don't have one, to be honest. I know next to nothing about him. It's certainly a lot of money, but I'm in no position to say whether or not he's worth it. We're fairly well-stocked in the CM department, and it seems an awful lot to spend on a squad player if that's what he is.

On the other hand, I'm sure he'll get a lot more games under Kenny than he would have under Rafa, who didn't do a good job of letting raw players, like Babel, develop.

Can only assume Liverpool are going to use suarez and Kuyt wide of Carroll with all these central midfielders in the middle. Absolutely zero natural width aside from Johnson, Aurelio & Maxi like and two of those are defenders.

Can only assume Liverpool are going to use suarez and Kuyt wide of Carroll with all these central midfielders in the middle. Absolutely zero natural width aside from Johnson, Aurelio & Maxi like and two of those are defenders.

Wing-backs can do the job, and there aren't that many top-class wingers around at the mo'. Or are there?

Wing-backs can do the job, and there aren't that many top-class wingers around at the mo'. Or are there?

Dying art it seems. Worked well for Napoli this season going against the grain and bringing in the wing back system.

Big piece with Steven Gerrard in the Express today. There's a couple of 'Gerrard on' bits, Suarez, himself and Henderson. For the latter he says "It's a really positive signing. Let's hope he is the next Steven Gerrard. Liverpool needs a new Steven Gerrard and it will need a new Jamie Carragher. That's what good football clubs do - they replace their best players.".

:lol:

Dalglish did the same at Newcastle IIRC. Our starting 11 in his first full year had Speed, Batty, Hamman and Lee across the middle. All good players in their own right but no natural width or flair. It was a team built to stifle the opposition first and then worry about the football second.

Big piece with Steven Gerrard in the Express today. There's a couple of 'Gerrard on' bits, Suarez, himself and Henderson. For the latter he says "It's a really positive signing. Let's hope he is the next Steven Gerrard. Liverpool needs a new Steven Gerrard and it will need a new Jamie Carragher. That's what good football clubs do - they replace their best players.".

Nowt like blowing your own trumpet  :lol:

Nice one Stevie G, you are Mr. Liverpool after all.......... :laugh:

Nice one Stevie G, you are Mr. Liverpool after all.......... :laugh:

Or Mr Chelsea if they offer him bigger pay.

Guest BooBoo

Carroll, Henderson and Adam.

Liverpool could be spending their money much more wisely. Adam strikes me as the epitome of a one season wonder.

Carroll, Henderson and Adam.

Liverpool could be spending their money much more wisely. Adam strikes me as the epitome of a one season wonder.

Henderson is a strange one, but carroll and certainly adams have there merits. Really like the look of adams, put him in the deep lying playmaker role and he'll add an extra dimension to that team with gerrard and meiriles in front of him. Liverpool are just begging for some width. I cant remember the last decent winger they had.

Liverpool fans having a go here totally forgetting about  to there last 3 signings .

Go to the last page to have a laugh

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=87099.200

We've spent £18m net. What's wrong with that? Chelsea paid for Suarez and Carroll.

But you are spending the money regardless on over inflated transfer fees ,Carroll £35 million and Henderson for £20 million and i find it laughable ,every transfer has a element of risk and we have paid well over the odds for years until now but Liverpool fans having  a go at Chelski is hypocrytical in my eyes .