The Liverpool Thread

Parky

GK: Reina, Doni, Gulacsi.

DEF: Johnson, Enrique Agger, Carragher, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Wilson, Flanagan, Robinson.

MID: Gerrard, Cole, Henderson, Downing, Allen, Sterling, Shelvey, Lucas (INJ).

ATT: Suarez Borini, Morgan.

Their squad, man :lol:

Something to make us all feel better!  Absolutely woeful squad.

I'll still be impressed if we finish above them tbf.

You really think they have a better squad than ours? Still?

Where did I say that? :lol:

They're the flukiest cunts ever and I can't believe they'll be as shite as they were last year.

They're the flukiest c***s ever and I can't believe they'll be as s**** as they were last year.

In that case I'd agree :lol:

But seriously though, I must admit they were a tad unlucky last year. What with all the posts, possession stats and racism.

They look desperately light up front. Can't believe they didn't spunk a gazillion on a striker today.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes

Sorry, it's late. Liverpool have knocked £450k p/w off the wage bill. That was why Carroll was loaned, I would guess.

cost cutting it seems

They look desperately light up front. Can't believe they didn't spunk a gazillion on a striker today.

Money ain't there. The owners were willing to put a good wedge of cash into the club, but Kenny mostly pissed that away. That was a one-off, and while we no longer have to pay off our owners' debts, we have to live within our own means.

How long do you reckon Suarez has left with them? If players of his ilk go by ambition; it doesn't bode brilliantly

Signed a new contract three weeks ago. Anyway, players don't take notice of ambition etc apparently.

Money ain't there. The owners were willing to put a good wedge of cash into the club, but Kenny mostly p*ssed that away. That was a one-off, and while we no longer have to pay off our owners' debts, we have to live within our own means.

So basically spunked your summer budget on Borini, Allen and new deals for Suarez and Skrtel.

Money ain't there. The owners were willing to put a good wedge of cash into the club, but Kenny mostly pissed that away. That was a one-off, and while we no longer have to pay off our owners' debts, we have to live within our own means.

then when the obvious problem with liverpool last season was lack of goals why spend £15m on Allen

How long do you reckon Suarez has left with them? If players of his ilk go by ambition; it doesn't bode brilliantly

Signed a new contract three weeks ago. Anyway, players don't take notice of ambition etc apparently.

Good job too. Signing contracts also counts for little with certain players. Can't think it bodes well of they finish outside where their lot expect/desire

Having learnt that about Liverpool's finances, i think the Allen signing really is at the top of the pile this summer for 'most mental shit to happen' - and there's been a lot. The fuck are they playing at - spunking all that money on a bog-standard centre-mid (of which they already have several), when they've got two strikers to choose from? One of which isn't an out-and-out striker and the other completely unproven. I know it's early days but i've seen nowt to really fear from this Borini lad, either.

They're the flukiest c***s ever and I can't believe they'll be as s**** as they were last year.

I can, and I can see a couple of clubs like Fulham & QPR pipping them this year.