The Liverpool Thread

Parky

You're making decent points PhilB, but there's something about Liverpool supporters talking about Dalglish that just makes me feel sick.

We're the same with Keegan though, so we can't really have a go at them for it.

By we, I mean me and cp40.

Aye, but for every you and cp40, there were people on the other side of the fence to even things out, and then you had me in somewhere in the middle. With the scouse, the likes of you and cp40 would seem conservative and balanced.

I've met Swedish Liverpool supporters who says things like they don't mind losing a game, because King Kenny is there. I find that sickening, and it's not made any better by the fact that I think he's no more than a decent manager with a red ugly face and that he's a whinging little t***.

A no more than decent manager who has won trophies, not many of them around are there?

I should have added "these days".

You're making decent points PhilB, but there's something about Liverpool supporters talking about Dalglish that just makes me feel sick.

Aye, but for every you and cp40, there were people on the other side of the fence to even things out, and then you had me in somewhere in the middle. With the scouse, the likes of you and cp40 would seem conservative and balanced.

I've met Swedish Liverpool supporters who says things like they don't mind losing a game, because King Kenny is there. I find that sickening, and it's not made any better by the fact that I think he's no more than a decent manager with a red ugly face and that he's a whinging little t***.

plenty of shit managers have won trophies, depending on the circumstances

A no more than decent manager who has won trophies, not many of them around are there?

The mans a winner, simple as. 

There's loads.

Now you're just winding me up :lol:

plenty of s*** managers have won trophies, depending on the circumstances

Have they?  How many have won 6 major trophies?

Can you not do that, freaked the shit out of me that I had woken up 10 months ago, in a discussion with mackems about Sulley Muntari!  :cheesy:

;)

You may remember Graeme Souness, he won 11.

Not in the best league in the world he didn't.

English clubs never got the chance to prove that was the case during Dalglish's spell.

You may remember why.

I thought we were discussing winning stuff in this country.    Yes, I well know why English clubs were banned from Europe.

We'll see how many the goon wins this time,  My money is on zip and i'll be happy to be proved wrong. Norwich at home for fooks sake

Neither did Dalglish win anything in the best league in the world, unless he disguised himself as an Italian for a while. 

Souness did win a trophy without the most resources in the league which Dalglish never did, had he taken over from Fagan rather than Dalglish he'd have won the league too.

We'll see how many the goon wins this time,  My money is on zip and i'll be happy to be proved wrong. Norwich at home for fooks sake

29 shots on goal, 15 on target.  Our finishing was woeful, but while we are creating so many chances they'll soon start going in.  It was a disappointing game considering the amount of possession we had.

29 shots on goal, 15 on target.  Our finishing was woeful, but while we are creating so many chances they'll soon start going in.  It was a disappointing game considering the amount of possession we had.

Won't win you the league though.  This argument is going nowhere and to be fair again the tide you are saying some decent stuff here.  What really interests me is the board and fns tolerance at L'pool.  Would you settle for 5th this year - it looks pretty likely.....

Neither did Dalglish win anything in the best league in the world, unless he disguised himself as an Italian for a while. 

Souness did win a trophy without the most resources in the league which Dalglish never did, had he taken over from Fagan rather than Dalglish he'd have won the league too.

Dalglish won 4 titles in this country, with a team he built.  They played the best football I've seen.  If Souness had taken over from Fagan he would never have bought Barnes, Beardsley or Aldo, he spent the 18 million he had to spend on absolute shite, like Dicks and Stewart, Dalglish spent 13 million.

Won't win you the league though.  This argument is going nowhere and to be fair again the tide you are saying some decent stuff here.  What really interests me is the board and fns tolerance at L'pool.  Would you settle for 5th this year - it looks pretty likely.....

With the decline of quality under the previous owners, we were only playing catch up in the last two windows, probably the next one too.  No we won't win the league this season, never expected us to.  I did, and do,expect top 4 though.

I think ALL fans are tolerant when they believe they've been given the right man for the job.  Hodgson is the first manager in my life time who wasn't appointed because he was the best man for the job.  That's not to say that they've all worked out, they haven't, but at the time of appointment they've been the best for our club.  Even Souness.  He was doing so well in Scotland he was the obvious choice to take over from Kenny, it didn't work out, but he was the right appointment at the time.

Kenny Dalglish is the right man now and he'll be given a chance by the fans for a long while yet.

With the decline of quality under the previous owners, we were only playing catch up in the last two windows, probably the next one too.  No we won't win the league this season, never expected us to.  I did, and do,expect top 4 though.

I think ALL fans are tolerant when they believe they've been given the right man for the job.  Hodgson is the first manager in my life time who wasn't appointed because he was the best man for the job.  That's not to say that they've all worked out, they haven't, but at the time of appointment they've been the best for our club.  Even Souness.  He was doing so well in Scotland he was the obvious choice to take over from Kenny, it didn't work out, but he was the right appointment at the time.

Kenny Dalglish is the right man now and he'll be given a chance by the fans for a long while yet.

And if you don't get your top 4 expectations sated?

And if you don't get your top 4 expectations sated?

We'll be there again next season then.

In the last 50 years we haven't finished lower than 8th, I think we'll be top 4 this season.