The Liverpool Thread

Parky

They do have this weird thing, scousers, that the world owes them something simply because they're scousers. Like that bit about the Beatles at the beginning of that YouTube cringe-fest.

I remember the scouse screenwriter Frank Clarke (Margi Clarke's brother) phoning a Newcastle friend of mine some years ago to try to persuade him to work on his latest project. In the course of the conversation, Clarke was ranting on about this person or that person. "What has he ever done for Liverpool?" he apparently kept asking.

As my friend remarked when he reported all this to me, "Can you imagine us saying, 'What has he ever done for Newcastle?'"

Newcastle mk2 by the looks of things. The fall from grace is a hard one with many branches on the way down, can't say i like Liverpool but they are in a shocking state if affairs, lets hope they come back a bit stronger, like us(?)

Why hope that?

Does my head in the way fans of other clubs fawn over them. They've made their bed so now they can lie in it like everyone else would have to.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it :S, did you enjoy the slip from the top? Then eventually the premier league majoritly down to mis-management off the field?

Can't say I like scousers like, seem to have more mongs than us :|

Guest elbee909

Frank Clarke knows my father.

What's your father ever done for Liverpool ?

He wrote the song Ferry across the Mersey.

Really?  I bet he hated the Frankie Goes to Hollywood version.

He only wrote it, he didn't perform it.

Newcastle mk2 by the looks of things. The fall from grace is a hard one with many branches on the way down, can't say i like Liverpool but they are in a shocking state if affairs, lets hope they come back a bit stronger, like us(?)

Why hope that?

Does my head in the way fans of other clubs fawn over them. They've made their bed so now they can lie in it like everyone else would have to.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it :S, did you enjoy the slip from the top? Then eventually the premier league majoritly down to mis-management off the field?

But you did say "let's hope they come back stronger".

Why exactly? It seems to be a common thing.

The most annoying example being when people say "the league is better for a stronger [insert struggling big club]" which is total nonsense. IMO the more clubs struggling, the better for me & my team.

Why hope that?

The most annoying example being when people say "the league is better for a stronger [insert struggling big club]" which is total nonsense. IMO the more clubs struggling, the better for me & my team.

Ok I understand you don't like Liverpool :/

If Blackpool were going through the motions I would say I hope they come back stronger after...oops I mean poor Liverpool, they are too big to struggle.

As FGTH put it not only on a hit album but also on the b-side of a single that was number one for several weeks, Gerry Marsden, the man collecting the publishing royalties, was undoubtedly very happy about the Frankie version.

Frankie, of course, just like the Beatles, moved straight out of Liverpool as soon as they were successful.

Why hope that?

If Blackpool were going through the motions I would say I hope they come back stronger after...oops I mean poor Liverpool, they are too big to struggle.

Am I the only one that's completely confused by Colo Curls' posts here? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Been on holiday, whats the latest with this?

Liverpool will go into administration tomorrow and be deducted 9points.

I'd love that to happen, but will it in reality though?

Been on holiday, whats the latest with this?

Liverpool will go into administration tomorrow and be deducted 9points.

I'd love that to happen, but will it in reality though?

It's looking that way.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Liverpool sale may collapse if nine points are deducted

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/09/liverpool-john-w-henry

This is affectively, in a way, blackmailing the Premier League. How a club can come out and say you (the Premier League) will relegate us if you deduct is 9 points and get away with it is odd. Even more so claiming it'll deter buyers - if they were so confident in their abilities they'd have had taken into account all outcomes (including -9 points).

Why hope that?

Am I the only one that's completely confused by Colo Curls' posts here? :lol:

Nah seems everyone is, guess I'll leave this Liverpool love in and keep rational commets for another thread :)

Guest firetotheworks

Both Liverpool and the F.A will be thinking of a way to wangle them out of this, fuck Portsmouth, Leeds, Middlesboro etc.  :rolleyes:

All this talk of Liverpool getting points deducted is awesome but I know it'll never happen, it's hard to rational in my head. :angry:

It's especially the way they go about it.  Like that article states.  "We'll save your precious club, as long as you don't deduct points from it"

Fuck off, seriously.

It's a match made in heaven really because Red Sox fans (and other New England sports fans; Patriots, Celtics, Bruins) always have this mentality that they are owed all of this glory only because of who they are, just like Liverpool fans.

All this talk of Liverpool getting points deducted is awesome but I know it'll never happen, it's hard to rational in my head. :angry:

It's especially the way they go about it. Like that article states. "We'll save your precious club, as long as you don't deduct points from it"

Fuck off, seriously.

It's a match made in heaven really because Red Sox fans (and other New England sports fans; Patriots, Celtics, Bruins) always have this mentality that they are owed all of this glory only because of who they are, just like Liverpool fans.

It has really done wonders for my hate efficiency, tbh.