The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Oh so they like him this week, do they?  ???

Some fans consider beating Chelsea 2-0 to be acceptable.

Wigan, Stoke and West Ham up next.

The same fans who consider going out of the cup to Northampton last month worthy of the sack?  ??? 

Too early to tell if it's a positive, apparently.

It's a reasonable position. All they've done materially so far is appoint Comolli, and we won't know how that pans out till he's had a few transfer windows.

On the other hand, they gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize just for not being George Bush, so not being H&J it probably worth a point against Parky.

In the grand scheme of things, even if you havn't seen immediate effects, I'd say it's safe to assume they'll be better than H&G. Then again.. We said that about Ashley! Still trying to work out exactly what Comolli's title is about :lol:

Can't say I've really seen much from you tbh wacko, what's your opinion on Hodgson? Think he deserves the season at least?

It's difficult not to like Hodgson. Always see him as a watered down version of Bobby.

seems rather sensitive to whats being written in the press compared to for example hughton who blatantly doesn't give a damn whats written

The same fans who consider going out of the cup to Northampton last month worthy of the sack?  ??? 

A month ago, by all indications, Woy was busy with his shovel at the bottom of a deep hole.

If that form had continued, he probably would have had to go very soon indeed, because the club can't afford to not sack the manager if he's only won one game by the end of December.

One month later, and we're closer to the CL spots than the relegation zone, so there's no need to fire him.

A month ago, by all indications, Woy was busy with his shovel at the bottom of a deep hole.

If that form had continued, he probably would have had to go very soon indeed, because the club can't afford to not sack the manager if he's only won one game by the end of December.

One month later, and we're closer to the CL spots than the relegation zone, so there's no need to fire him.

Oh well that's ok then.  :lol:

Is he a better manager than he was a month ago?

Too early to tell if it's a positive, apparently.

It's a reasonable position. All they've done materially so far is appoint Comolli, and we won't know how that pans out till he's had a few transfer windows.

On the other hand, they gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize just for not being George Bush, so not being H&J it probably worth a point against Parky.

In the grand scheme of things, even if you havn't seen immediate effects, I'd say it's safe to assume they'll be better than H&G. Then again.. We said that about Ashley! Still trying to work out exactly what Comolli's title is about :lol:

Can't say I've really seen much from you tbh wacko, what's your opinion on Hodgson? Think he deserves the season at least?

I've pretty much reserved my judgment on Hodgson on account of all the boardroom shenanigans that finally turned it all to shit last summer. I didn't think anyone would have been able to get anything going till the H&G saga was over, and the club stabilised.

I saw and see him as a stop-gap until the ownership transition is complete, so one or maximum two seasons.

The clouds finally seem to have cleared a bit, and the improvement in form shows that the players haven't lost confidence in Hodgson, so there's no point firing him. It's not like we could poach Mourinho from Real tomorrow, and he would manage us to a historic treble in 2011.

In his favour, he's putting a lot more faith in the kids than Rafa ever did (big fault of his), and Lucas in particular is flourishing.

The takeover will get a point after I assess the Jan window and if the turn in form carries on past the honeymoon period. IMO Hodgson's days are numbered and Comolli will be eyeing up a replacement at the end of the season.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson says Reds and England full-back Glen Johnson's performances this season have not been of international standard.

Johnson, 26, has been struggling with a groin injury and will miss Saturday's league match at Stoke.

"If he plays like the England right-back one would expect him to come back in when he's fit," said Hodgson.

"But up to now he's not performed - very often at least - to the level I'd expect of him."

Hodgson added: "You would have to ask him 'do you think you're playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?'

We are still in a position in the league we are not totally happy with, so we need to keep this run going and see where it takes us

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard

"If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ and if he says no, then you'd have to ask the question 'why not?"'

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson says Reds and England full-back Glen Johnson's performances this season have not been of international standard.

Johnson, 26, has been struggling with a groin injury and will miss Saturday's league match at Stoke.

"If he plays like the England right-back one would expect him to come back in when he's fit," said Hodgson.

"But up to now he's not performed - very often at least - to the level I'd expect of him."

Hodgson added: "You would have to ask him 'do you think you're playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?'

We are still in a position in the league we are not totally happy with, so we need to keep this run going and see where it takes us

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard

"If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ and if he says no, then you'd have to ask the question 'why not?"'

Looks like it's curtains for Johnson (if Hodgson doesn't get sacked).

• 2 weeks later...

Best performance of the season from them I reckon, even better than the Chelsea game. Bodes well for Roy if they can keep it up, but an injury to Torres and he's screwed again.

Little bit worried by the form they showed.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson thinks it is "sad" for the game that his team have drawn Manchester United in the third round of the FA Cup because of the calibre of the two clubs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8166545/Roy-Hodgson-sad-at-draw-that-sees-Liverpool-travel-to-Manchester-United-in-the-FA-Cup.html

:dowie: