Simpsons Been Mugged

Jordan

If i had the money i'd be a flash cunt.

That's because you are materialistic - you think such possessions can bring you happiness.

They can't.

Bollocks is it, like i say. Don't confuse flash with showing off.

Guest BooBoo

It's ridiculous to say that if you have anything of high value then you deserve to have it taken by force off you. Just plain old jealousy really.

If i had the money i'd be a flash cunt.

That's because you are materialistic - you think such possessions can bring you happiness.

They can't.

I lol'd.

Poor people's way of trying to remain positive. "All we need is love, even if we live in a box. I'd not trade this for anything, especially not a massive house with heating and food on my table whenever I want to."

Aye, I reckon I'd be a bit of a flash cunt but I just can't imagine, even if I had millions in the bank, that I'd ever be of the mindset where I thought along the lines of "£20,000 for something that will tell me the time, aye why not, I'll take it".

Couldn't bare to part with more than twenty quid for one now so £20,000 if I was rolling in it would be a bloody struggle too.

I see taking my phone out of my pocket as a cheaper solution to checking the time.

I agree, it's hard to comprehend it. 

I find what works best is to just view it as a percentages game - it's all a matter of scale and things really change the higher up you go.  Spending 1% of my salary today means I can buy a nice couch or decent TV.  And probably not feel too much of a strain because of it.  Bump me up into the millions/yr category and that 1% buys so many crazy things that I can't see spending money on now.  at 2m/yr that 1% would buy that watch.  He probably purchased it without thinking twice.

Guest Antigalican

I'd rather have a crap watch and spend my summer holidays somewhere other than Salford.

:lol: I love the "blame the victim" mentality around this place.

Simpson's fault for wearing an expensive watch, FFS.  :lol:

No, it's his fault for going to a barbers in a rough area thinking that because he's a footballer he's untouchable.

That £7 badman haircut from the local Caribbean barber must seem really worth it now :thup:

No, it's his fault for going to a barbers in a rough area thinking that because he's a footballer he's untouchable.

That £7 badman haircut from the local Caribbean barber must seem really worth it now :thup:

Oh, well since you put it like that... you'd still be wrong.

As a victim of crime he shouldn't get any less sympathy because he is rich however he should have applied some common sense and not worn a flash watch in a rough area.

Sorry but I struggle to have any sympathy for someone who literally has shitloads more money than sense.

It's especially daft in this case since the reason he's gone to a barbers like that is to look "gangster". Instead, he's nearly in tears after a run in with the local mandem. :lol:

Sorry but I struggle to have any sympathy for someone who literally has shitloads more money than sense.

It's especially daft in this case since the reason he's gone to a barbers like that is to look "gangster". Instead, he's nearly in tears after a run in with the local mandem. :lol:

Hmmmm ... I wouldn't say he went there in order to look gangster. Trust me, as a black man looking to get a decent haircut you are likely going to have to go to those sorts of barbers. There aren't any really upscale places to cut your hair believe me. The mistake he made was wearing what he did, and even driving the car he did down there. Just be lowkey with it. Most people in those sorts of areas don't have anywhere near what you do. Why rub their faces in it? Just  be considerate!

I thought Dave and Gideon told us "we're all in this together"?

Well, anyone who can spaff 20 large on a fucking watch isn't.

So he had it nicked? Good. Come the revolution, he will be against the wall with all the other horrible, arriviste shysters we have to put up with in our faces.

Hell, yeah.

Guest BooBoo

There's an afro barbers in Old Trafford called Kinky Afro. Pretty sure that would have been the place.

i have a feeling we are going to get used to saying "simpsons been mugged" more as the season goes on.

I reckon we'll get quite a few opportunities to bump this thread throughout the coming season

:bluestar:

i have a feeling we are going to get used to saying "simpsons been mugged" more as the season goes on.

I reckon we'll get quite a few opportunities to bump this thread throughout the coming season

:bluestar:

theres nothing new under the sun eh ?