James Perch

BeloEmre

Wouldn't go that far, has made some good tackles/interceptions though.

Problem with Perch is, I genuinely don't think he is THAT bad really, he just makes a mistake that costs us too many times. He is like Bramble without the strength and ability to pass.

Guest Ridzuan

Well to be fair to him, he played better than I had expected yesterday apart from the first goal of course but still im not a big fan of him right from the start. Lets get a LB in January as a cover for Enrique & then we can offload him.

Tbf for the goal he is right footed so it's not easy to defend from the left, Lennon knew this and it made it a lot easier for him to switch on to his better foot.

Still shouldn't have backed off so much mind.

Tbf for the goal he is right footed so it's not easy to defend from the left, Lennon knew this and it made it a lot easier for him to switch on to his better foot.

Still shouldn't have backed off so much mind.

do you really think as lennon picked the ball upo he thought "perch is right footed so i'll have a go outside" ?

or

he got the ball and saw a gap outside that he would have went at regardless of who was there ?

Guest neesy111

Did ok, but the defending for the goal was dreadful.  Why do our players just seem to back off and back off until it's too late ???

Perch isn't that bad a footballer, he ok at times but he's just switches off at times and is really badly calamity prone (alot like Bramble was). He commits way too many costly errors that all to often end up costing us goals and points. I'd be tempted to get rid asap. I'd prefer Kadar be given a shot at LB before Perch and Saylor or Tavernier at RB before him.

I think people are being a bit naive about chucking youngsters into games. You can't go straight in at LB at Spurs in your first Premier League game - it's career suicide. It's not like throwing a 26 year old experienced player in there.

Fair enough, but he should have been closer to the first team with no-one else who plays that position naturally.

Throwing Perch in there isn't really any better though, is it? He's barely had any prem experience and has just had his confidence destroyed in the games he started in.

Fair enough, but he should have been closer to the first team with no-one else who plays that position naturally.

Throwing Perch in there isn't really any better though, is it? He's barely had any prem experience and has just had his confidence destroyed in the games he started in.

Not advocating starting Perch (I'd have put Taylor there, Williamson at CB), but there's a difference between Perch (who has played nearly 200 senior games) and Shane Ferguson, who's only first team experience has been two League cup games. He's just not ready.

• 1 month later...