James Perch

BeloEmre

SSN yellow ticker now.

Nottingham Forest can confirm that James Perch has joined Premier League new boys Newcastle United, subject to a medical.

Newcastle have agreed a fee for the versatile 24 year old, who is on Tyneside to complete the formalities of his switch. Mansfield-born Perch, a graduate of the acclaimed Forest Academy system, made more than 200 appearances for The Reds and also captained the side.

Forest's Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: "James has been a marvellous servant for Nottingham Forest.

"He made it clear that the prospect of a move into the Premier League with Newcastle appealed to him and we couldn't stand in his way.

"I would like to thank him for the service he has given us and wish him all the very best with Newcastle."

Perch had a year left on his existing Forest contract.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2084384,00.html

Guest lebowski

SSN yellow ticker now.

Why do I feel underwhelmed? Didn't we go in for him in the January window?

Actually played everywhere:

Though he started off a striker in the Forest academy, he was moved to right-back as a cover and played well there he's also known for being good in goal. The right-back position stuck for a while, but when he broke into the first team, he played as a central defender. In 2004, the versatile player was linked with a move to Levante but the move never materialised. Early in the 2005/2006 season he found himself at left-back to cover for an injured John Curtis, but has since gone on to play in a more defensive midfield role, and also played on both wings.

...if Wikipedia is to be believed.

I'm pleased we are genuinely in the market, but was hoping for someone proven.  What it does show is that we won't be getting an Enrique equivalent on the right.  That's disappointing but he's better than nowt.

I'm pleased we are genuinely in the market, but was hoping for someone proven.  What it does show is that we won't be getting an Enrqiue equivalent on the right.  That's disappointing but he's better than nowt.

Better than Simpson and Raylor as well imo.

I'm pleased we are genuinely in the market, but was hoping for someone proven.  What it does show is that we won't be getting an Enrqiue equivalent on the right.  That's disappointing but he's better than nowt.

Better than Simpson and Raylor as well imo.

How many times have you seen Perch play?

His talent will always be a question mark, until we have seen him play.

The good news is that we have filled a problem position, with someone who has a seemingly good attitude, for very little money.

I can say quite confidently that i don't how good he is, although i wouldn't believe a word of what forest fans think. At least we are moving in the transfer window.