Our Club. Our Shirt?

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest malandro

I'd rather donate the £20 directly to the SBR foundation & have them receive 100% of it than buy a shirt where they'll get far less than that.

Copying the self-absorbed scousers would be a new low as well.

The idea of this comes from the fact that the current shirt is not generally good looking, and also that it's the most expensive one in a while. This would give you a better looking shirt at the same time as supporting the SBR Foundation, rather than buying a £45 shirt and nothing going to the SBR Foundation.

:thup:

Just seems a bit of a silly idea to me.  Not to the extent that James has silly ideas obviously, but silly all the same.

It’s a good idea. Replica kits are a rip off, just another way for people who don’t care about football to take advantage of supporters loyalty. Take the new Puma kit, leaving aside the horrendous sponsorship, revolting patch on the back and extortionate price – it’s only going to be the kit for one season.

A good quality, well designed, affordable alternative with any profits going to charity, isn’t silly in the slightest. Sneering at the idea because the scousers have done it is. I’d buy one, and I haven’t bought a replica for years.  I don’t need a overpriced nylon monstrosity to prove I love my club.

I'm going to contact the foundation tomorrow and have a chat with them about the shirt and the general idea/plans. Hopefully they'll be positive towards it. :thup:

Hopefully they will, then problem no 2, initial funding.

Guest malandro

I'm going to contact the foundation tomorrow and have a chat with them about the shirt and the general idea/plans. Hopefully they'll be positive towards it. :thup:

It might be worth contacting NUST. They have taken plenty of money off supporters, and this is exactly the kind of thing they should be getting involved with.

It might be worth contacting NUST. They have taken plenty of money off supporters, and this is exactly the kind of thing they should be getting involved with.

A good joke there, but keep NUST well out of this.

Guest malandro

A good joke there, but keep NUST well out of this.

NUST got ahead of themselves with the Yes We Can campaign, but they have a good range of skills and experience that might help turn this idea into a reality, not to mention good contacts in the media that might make reaching the target market a whole lot easier.

I can understand your scepticism but there would be no harm in seeing if they can help.

I realy like this idea, i have already decided i wasn't going to buy the new shirt and was deciding which retro shirt to buy. If the shirt was backed by the SBRF i would definately buy it.

Same. A third option would appeal to me.

Guest Antigalican

Good idea. Anything that's 1) original. and 2) is for the fans by the fans gets my support, throw in money to a good cause and increased affordability for paying fans and so much the better.

Since the NUFC badge is based heavily on the Newcastle coat of arms, lets just use the real coat of arms as our badge on this shirt. Simples.

This. Excellent idea, and also it would have the 'good old days' sort of feel to it. And i'm sure the Council if thats who it is up to wouldn't say no. IMO this is a fantastic idea and i would definitely buy one if like the other commetns if it is directly to do with SBR foundation and its a nice shirt  O0

Part of the problem may well be that by the time this is manufactured, everyone will already have bought the puma shirt

That makes no sense.

I think he is trying to say that people may not be willing to spend money on a fans shirt if they have bought the new official one.

Part of the problem may well be that by the time this is manufactured, everyone will already have bought the puma shirt

That makes no sense.

I think he is trying to say that people may not be willing to spend money on a fans shirt if they have bought the new official one.

Still makes no sense. Why would they have bought the new official one if they don't like it?

That makes no sense.

Still makes no sense. Why would they have bought the new official one if they don't like it?

Because anther wasn't availalbe, you will be amazed at how many people buy things that they don't like nor realy need.

Once it's been designed though the production process shouldn't take very long though.

That makes no sense.

simply because its a Newcastle top, thats enough reason for some people.