Our Club. Our Shirt?

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That is the one! But with it being Nike will a computer whizz kid have to try and re-create that jersey and put on the coat of arms and the Logo to send to Virgo etc etc

I should imagine Nike would have a system in place where sponsors and logo's can be added ontop of them and a bulk buy price guide aswell for any local teams wishing to use that shirt and possible sell on to fans.

That is the one! But with it being Nike will a computer whizz kid have to try and re-create that jersey and put on the coat of arms and the Logo to send to Virgo etc etc

I should imagine Nike would have a system in place where sponsors and logo's can be added ontop of them and a bulk buy price guide aswell for any local teams wishing to use that shirt and possible sell on to fans.

Ah so have we moved away from the Virgo idea now?

No, but people keep saying the teamkit idea is a good one.

The problem being that there is no way a bulk order of Nike shirts is going to be as cheap as the Vigo ones could be. Also, it's not like there is any chance of Nike being involved, the Vigo idea is just so much more likely to be a success because they'd be an active partner in the whole thing.

I don't even have any involvement, but this seems pretty obvious to me.

No but this template seems to a popular design so Kaizero is finding out if this would be a viable option, if not then it looks like we will stick to the Virgo plan, if we are given permission from the SBR Foundation.

Guest WashyGeordie

A quick mock-up, but something like this?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9428/sbrf.png

I like that, the sponsor will look better I think when it isn't done on Photoshop within 5 minutes, but it shows it could be a good and well stylied shirt.

Guest WashyGeordie

Really like that. The sponsor logo isn't great but the Town Crest fits nicely and goes with the red nike tick :)

Aye, the proper sponsor will have to be similar to:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/large/NewcatlseUtdHSS0304.gif

Unless it's a box, or the SBRF make their own design of a sponsor for the shirt.

I know what you mean. But it doesn't matter really cos SBR did play there :)

The more i see the town crest on the shirt the more i prefer it to our badge!  :smitten: Still love our crest though  :fishing:

The mock-up from TU is pretty impressive- one or two tweaks and we're there.

Now this may sound slightly ambitious/running before we can walk, but how about every shirt has a red no.9 on the back of it? Its certainly a symbolic number to NUFC which carries a lot of pride and heritage to it as we all know. It might be a step too far and collide with the 'keeping it simple' option (which I agree with) but I think it should be something to keep in mind...

Aye great shout.

Definitely something classic with a Newcastle logo on more than the football club logo, town crest is perfect. SBR foundation should also be right across the middle like that. Definitely no shirt manufacturer though!

I'd pay £25 for that in a heartbeat!

The mock-up from TU is pretty impressive- one or two tweaks and we're there.

Now this may sound slightly ambitious/running before we can walk, but how about every shirt has a red no.9 on the back of it? Its certainly a symbolic number to NUFC which carries a lot of pride and heritage to it as we all know. It might be a step too far and collide with the 'keeping it simple' option (which I agree with) but I think it should be something to keep in mind...

Aye that would look good. Just like the old fashioned tops used to look like. No name just a number. It looks really good on my 60's TOFF's shirt. Can't find a link with the number though :(

SBR foundation has gotten back to me now, and their first answer is not a good one as they say they're not really keen on commercial projects at this time. But they would like to discuss the matter in even further detail before their final decision and there'll be discussed a commercial participators agreement just in case.

I'll give you all further detail on everything as soon as there's a final decision. Though at the moment it's not looking too good, but there's still hope. :)

Fu** sake. What are the plans to persuade them then?

Detailed sales plan. More in-depth analysis of the market. More in-depth description of the project, the thought behind it, why it's being done and more along those lines as I think it's mostly that they fear it may be seen as anti-ashley/current Newcastle regime that's keeping them off, which is fair enough as I understand them  not wanting any trouble with the club. And even with this not being an anti-anything shirt, it could still be seen as one by the club. We'll be talking more though, I'll remain positive as long as there's not a definite "no" out there. :thup:

Fuck, how can they say no to a donation?

I don't even think you asked them for funds for the initial start up either.

Can you not get back in touch with them and try to stress that this is for the foundations interest, it has no commercial/private profits and such?

Can you not get back in touch with them and try to stress that this is for the foundations interest, it has no commercial/private profits and such?

We can give them all the money we want. It's about them endorsing the project and their logo being displayed on the shirt, which would be pivotal to "sell the idea" to anyone considering one.

We can give them all the money we want. It's about them endorsing the project and their logo being displayed on the shirt.

Like you have already said, their worry is that it is an anti Ashley protest, we have to get the message across that this isn't the case.

Just do it* yourself Tom, donate the profits anyway.

*guffaw

I'm considering it. :lol: Won't start properly thinking of back-up plans before there's a final decision made by the SBR foundation though.

We can give them all the money we want. It's about them endorsing the project and their logo being displayed on the shirt, which would be pivotal to "sell the idea" to anyone considering one.

With their logo on there, it would basically look like they were manufacturing the things.

f***, how can they say no to a donation?

We can give them all the money we want. It's about them endorsing the project and their logo being displayed on the shirt.

Like you have already said, their worry is that it is an anti Ashley protest, we have to get the message across that this isn't the case.

This. I really would love this to happen.

When did they say they wanted to talk in more detail?