Dan Gosling

Dave

I just caught the end of the SSN but David Craig said to expect to see two or three more new faces............

Can't wait.

As long as they're not crap.[/realism]

I'm sure, Hughton will do the best he can with the funds he has , butnyeah they could be crap.

Striker, versatile winger, central midfielder and defensive cover would be nice.

Preferrably all actually decent players.

With Barton, Smith, Guthrie, Nolan possibly Vuckic and now Gosling Don't we have enough centre mids ?

It's officially not official until the thread title has been updated.

Very, very happy with this signing. Getting a player like Gosling for free is nothing short of brilliant business. Not expecting much from him this season, it's always difficult when you've missed the entire pre-season and even more so when you're at a new club.

No word on what squad number he'll get?

Very, very happy with this signing. Getting a player like Gosling for free is nothing short of brilliant business. Not expecting much from him this season, it's always difficult when you've missed the entire pre-season and even more so when you're at a new club.

15 i believe.

Striker, versatile winger, central midfielder and defensive cover would be nice.

With Barton, Smith, Guthrie, Nolan possibly Vuckic and now Gosling Don't we have enough centre mids ?

Bring a decent defensive midfielder in then get Smith off the books.

Agree with this 100%

has Moyes or anyone else at Everton went publicly apeshit about losing him?  that would fill me with confidence if they had

on the other hand if they're not saying shit then i'm thinking he's not gonna amount to a great deal or his injury has the potential to affect his game a lot

has Moyes or anyone else at Everton went publicly apeshit about losing him?  that would fill me with confidence if they had

on the other hand if they're not saying shit then i'm thinking he's not gonna amount to a great deal or his injury has the potential to affect his game a lot

Not really.

The Everton fans we've got on the board don't seem to be too angry with this either, but then you have to remember that the calibre of their midfielders is head and shoulders above what we've got.

But Smith and Nolan are rubbish  :no:  And Gosling is injured.

The way I see it we don't have a competent defensive midfielder or a creative midfielder (unless Vuckic steps up) - they're all very much samey players. We need to mix it up.

You're probably right though, I doubt we'll strengthen there.

Not really.

The Everton fans we've got on the board don't seem to be too angry with this either, but then you have to remember that the calibre of their midfielders is head and shoulders above what we've got.

hm, Moyes being your stereotypical parsimonious hard-faced Scottish type i'd have expected something from him...hopefully he just realises they've fucked up and can't be arsed but if Moyes really rated him he'd be going batshit to the press imo

"We see him as a high-energy player and a player that can play from box-to-box, but he's also a young player with experience, so he won't be phased by what is ahead of him."

i don't think you could describe our current crop of midfielder's in this way even if you laid them length-ways down the pitch head to toe with each other :lol:

"We see him as a high-energy player and a player that can play from box-to-box, but he's also a young player with experience, so he won't be phased by what is ahead of him."

i don't think you could describe our current crop of midfielder's in this way even if you laid them length-ways down the pitch head to toe with each other :lol:

You couldn't call them high energy either.

Guest Stephen927

A well rated England U-21 on a free transfer, it's good business if he comes back from his injury well and fulfils his potential. It's relatively low risk, I don't think anybody can have many real complaints about this signing.

It's good news, I'm not excited much bbut thats because we have known it was going to happen for ages. I'm not expecting much of him next season, he will need time to recover from his injury, then a few games to get settled into the team, but he is a good one ofr the future. I would still like either O'hara and/or De Guzman for the dentral midfield role. Another (decent) forward, and maybe a defender on top of that and we will be sorted.

right-back at your peril - very poor positioning, gives his man acres of room to receive the ball/run into, drifts inside too much and lacks legs to get forward and overlap.

right-mid - mediocre; no pace, crossing ability or skill to beat a man, but gets forward a lot and can cut in to make use of his ability to arrive late in the box and have the odd chance fall to him.

centre-mid - unknown quantity, but his passing and technique haven't looked anything near to being a potentially good central midfielder. maybe he'd be like an alan smith, jack of all trades, master of none. or potentially a poor-man's tim cahill : doesn't really offer much on the pitch beyond getting into goal-scoring positions and almost needs to be deployed as an auxiliary striker. of course, there's still time for him to develop, and his future would probably be central midfield as a box-to-box player but I think at best he'd be a lower half EPL player.

From a rather anal Everton follower.

But Smith and Nolan are rubbish  :no:  And Gosling is injured.

The way I see it we don't have a competent defensive midfielder or a creative midfielder (unless Vuckic steps up) - they're all very much samey players. We need to mix it up.

You're probably right though, I doubt we'll strengthen there.

I was just saying that in terms of numbers we are pretty much full in that area, i agree we need some one with good vision but i can't see that happening. I think Hughton can see the value of having the likes of Nolan and Smith as more than just what they do on the pitch i think he likes them because of their attitude and the effect they have on the rest of the squad.