Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest icemanblue

Santon was poor pretty much all season.

He really wasn't. For the first three or four months, it was between him and Hatem for our best player.

Santon was poor pretty much all season.

He was one of the best performers in the first half of last season.

Exactly. Mad how quickly people can forget.

Santon started the season well but Chelsea (h) was his last good game. That said, hopefully some time out of the team will have done him some good, and I'm also looking forward to seeing him back - even as one of his biggest critics.

Guest icemanblue

No he wasn't. At least not in my view. Like the whole team he started off decent. And like the majority of the team, was poor defensively from November onwards.

His season was worse than Simpson's. Who was defensively decent to great for the vast majority of the season.

:lol: You're a waste of time, man.

No he wasn't. At least not in my view. Like the whole team he started off decent. And like the majority of the team, was poor defensively from November onwards.

His season was worse than Simpson's. Who was defensively decent to great for the vast majority of the season.

:jones:

Especially after Debuchy signed. Simpson was impressive.

:lol: Guess we can give you that. For the two or three games he had where he absolutely had to play well for the sake of his career, he did okay.

Aren't you a bit thin on depth for both FBs? Or are the kids good enough?

Haidara/Anita/Mbiwa best cover we've got. It's enough imo. Don't rate Tav.

That's two players out of position and only one natural backup though. Anyway, you know these players better than me.

Aren't you a bit thin on depth for both FBs? Or are the kids good enough?

Haidara/Anita/Mbiwa best cover we've got. It's enough imo. Don't rate Tav.

That's two players out of position and only one natural backup though. Anyway, you know these players better than me.

:lol: No you are dead on right with that.

Our two 'purples' for every position has been completely blown out of the window. So that cover is basically the best we are getting, but it will suffice.

Not sure anyone ever said we'd have two 'purples' for each position, like.

Probably me exaggerating former quotes tbh  :lol:

They wanted cover for every position but wanted quality at a cheap price. We have that really.

I don't mind Anita/Miwa filling in. Santon/Debuchy are the purpleys, Haidara is the cheap quality back up. Sorted.

What, so they all upped their game as the season went on? :lol:

He went backwards.

:thup: but IMO he wasn't starting at the great height many people are giving him credit for.

I don't think him playing every game helped his cause like as he looked totally done in around Christmas time. In theory it shouldn't happen this year as we have some cover currently at FB.

What, so they all upped their game as the season went on? :lol:

He went backwards.

:thup: but IMO he wasn't starting at the great height many people are giving him credit for.

I don't think him playing every game helped his cause like as he looked totally done in around Christmas time. In theory it shouldn't happen this year as we have some cover currently at FB.

Fully agree.

He looked absolutely pegged by Arsenal (a) and the Brighton cup game. I think he was starting to get frustrated at the shit performances around him too.

The time out will have helped him IMO.

Never looked like a decent defender to me. Never.

He's a tidy footballer, pretty quick, good height but what are his strengths? Looked best when deployed a wing-back/winger at Wigan.

What are his strengths? Pace, athleticism, comfortable on the ball, beats a man, loves to get forward. Aye, he's defensive side could improve but he's a young lad and I can't believe anyone isn't ecstatic to have him on our books.