Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest Lalasialex

Gosling, Perch, Simpson, Abeid, Amalfitano, Xisco...

No problem with them going, but depends on what next... Does the club have a plan?

I'll wait and see a bit more... If JK hadn't been DoF I'd be slightly optimistic... But hey, it's Newcastle - something strange will happen. Good or bad? Don't have a clue...

If JK is as good at recruiting the players as he is shifting them quickly then we might be areet. So long as Carr's input on which players we get is sufficient enough.

The optimist in me likes to think we're creating wage space for some decent signings:

Gosling - replacement will be Bigi/Anita/Vuckic as he never plays

Perch - Sissoko to play a more orthodox midfield role/Anita playing more

Harper - Alnwick becomes third choice

Xisco - was on mega money which we're finally shot of

Simpson - Tavernier/Santon/Anita to become right-back cover

Or am I just hoping too much?

Not sure about creating wage space for decent signings but we won't replace any of those players and rightly so IMO.

None of them play in positions where we need strengthening.

As said before i want a striker, winger, attacking midfielder and centre back but we'll be lucky if we get half that.

Guest Lalasialex

No matter who we do or don't sign, we won't notice these lads have gone.

Maybe Perch... Usefull to have a squadplayer who always gives 100%, can cover many positions and is okay with sitting on the bench (Maybe not)...

But otherwise I agree... And it's players who does NOT belong in a team aiming for Europe...that's why it's strange we let them go.

Fair play like.

Glad he's gone, we are doing a decent job of getting rid of the shite. If Williamson goes it would have been a great clear out job.

Wish there were more players with that mentality. It's too bad this kind of stuff needs to be applauded due to the rarity of this happening. He was probably on quite high wages due to arriving on a free transfer, so hopefully this frees up a good chunk to be invested in a better player in a more critical position.

Fair play like.

Glad he's gone, we are doing a decent job of getting rid of the s****. If Williamson goes it would have been a great clear out job.

Aye, you deserve respect if you take pay cut to go elsewhere for first team football. Not enough footballers these days that would do that.

Either leave first team football, for more money and a place on the bench. Or just happy to sit on the bench picking up nice wages, not interested in moving.

The optimist in me likes to think we're creating wage space for some decent signings:

Gosling - replacement will be Bigi/Anita/Vuckic as he never plays

Perch - Sissoko to play a more orthodox midfield role/Anita playing more

Harper - Alnwick becomes third choice

Xisco - was on mega money which we're finally shot of

Simpson - Tavernier/Santon/Anita to become right-back cover

Or am I just hoping too much?

Not sure about creating wage space for decent signings but we won't replace any of those players and rightly so IMO.

None of them play in positions where we need strengthening.

As said before i want a striker, winger, attacking midfielder and centre back but we'll be lucky if we get half that.

Agreed with everything except the last point. Think we need a striker and another forward who can play wide. I'd be happy with just Remy and a more target man like striker.

Guest neesy111

Happy for Williamson to be 4th choice tbh.

Me too. Although I would rather get someone better, it isn't a priority over forwards.

:thup:

Aren't you a bit thin on depth for both FBs? Or are the kids good enough?

Plenty of FBs. Santon and Haidara for LB, Debuchy and cover from Santon and Anita for RB, with Tavernier looking OK for Carling Cup games etc.

I wouldn't be looking to buy a FB unless we spot a great deal on someone young.

Plenty of FBs. Santon and Haidara for LB, Debuchy and cover from Santon and Anita for RB, with Tavernier looking OK for Carling Cup games etc.

Yanga-Mbiwa looked tidy at the end of the season too. :thup:

Really looking forward to having Santon back fit, I think he's become underrated on here after a run of dodgy games when the whole side was struggling. He's a fine footballer IMO.

Yanga-Mbiwa looked tidy at the end of the season too. :thup:

Really looking forward to having Santon back fit, I think he's become underrated on here after a run of dodgy games when the whole side was struggling. He's a fine footballer IMO.

Santon is one of the most talented at the club. Lovely footballer.

I'd get a striker, winger and a goalscoring midfielder all before a CB personally.

I would like a CB but its far from the top of priorities personally.

I think the goalscoring MF is a bit excited. We signed 2 first team CM's last season and another impressive youngster.

I'd be happy with a striker with a different style to Cisse. One others can play off whether it's AC style or Berba style. And another attacking wide man. Doesn't have to necessarily be a winger, just someone interested in scoring and assisting primarily. A Maloney type.